Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

map of the Otherworld by Speak

Based on Click to view
Artist Speak [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

map of the Otherworld

Postby Speak » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Otherworld- a world covered in nature Otherworld has very few cities, in fact there are only four cities. These four cities are built around the forest and are home to the four great fey clans.
Symbol- the symbol in the far right corner marks each gateway into Otherworld and back to Asiali, hidden by fey magic only the fey can see it.
Aymar- more commonly known as the arena, it’s the place where all the fey clans gather once every few years to reselect the members of the council including the ruler of the fey. A large arena stands in the centre surrounded by trees.
Venali- the city of spring the trees that make up this splendid mansion are always in the fresh bloom of spring. Here you will never feel the cold of winter or the unbearable heat of summer.
Malon- a city of ice the beauty of Malon cannot be denied but neither can the temperature. The land that surrounds the ice palace is perpetually frozen, trapped in an endless and yet beautiful winter. Once inside the city of Malon though you can no longer feel the bite of the cold.
Rania- the city of summer is always bursting with colour and life. Though there are days so hot that it's difficult to move many find respite in the numerous gardens and ponds that were cultivated in the centre of the city.
Saleh- the fall city is covered in the rich colours of autumn. It's buildings are made from hollowed out oaks, the roofs are the multicoloured leaves that constantly fall.
Forest of Fear- A large, forbidding forest with towering trees that seem to never end and reach into the heavens. Inside these trees, many have lost their minds to the screens and moans, memories of old, the never-ending darkness and much more. Miles across are these trees and only the brave of heart (or the suicidal) dare to venture here. In the center of the forest is said to be a pool of dreams whose mystical powers are unknown even to the fey.
Wyvern Mountains- Also known as "Dragon Mountains" though never let a Wyvern hear you call them a dragon. While the beasts are similar, Wyverns do not like getting paired with their fire breathing cousins. The air is frigidly cold, especially at the highest peaks, in which many avalanches occur. Not many dare venture into the Wyverns domain, but it is told that a large bounty of treasure is hidden in the lead Wyverns den. This rumor has lead to many thieves and adventurers deaths.
River of Tears- A place of regret and longing. Here, many dump their hopes and dreams that they have given up on. The river itself it large, spreading across at easily 50 yards. The water being the effect of snow melting from the Wyvern Mountains, the blue water is frigidly cold.
Kelpies Stretch- The only way to get to the Tree of Wisdom is to survive the Kelpies domain. This long stretch of sand is littered with bones and other unpleasant things. Kelpies are spirits of the sea that usually take the form of a horse with a mane and tail of seaweed. They often stay in the sea, but when the tide is high or if some unlucky fool stumbles upon their sands they rise from the deep waters. Yet, Kelpies are tricky beasts, for they also take on the form of humans occasionally.
Tree of Wisdom- Easily the oldest tree in the Otherworld, the Tree of Wisdom gives knowledge to all that seek it. However, knowledge always comes with a price. Should someone survive the Kelpies and the sea voyage, they then have to show their worth. This tree is a fruit tree. No name has been given to this magical fruit, though many call it "The fruit of Knowledge" or simply "The Fruit." Should your intentions of using the knowledge of the tree be the same in both mind and soul, then lasting knowledge will be yours. However, should either mind or soul not be connected, then the juice of the fruit will turn to liquid death.
Valley of Nightshade- This valley, located between the cities of spring and fall. Only the foolhardy dare try to travel down into its darkest depths. Peering over the edge, one could not hope to see the bottom. Should you fall, your screams would seemingly go one for an eternity, your voice gone before you even hit the bottom. No living creature, fey or human, has dared ventured down the valley of Death and made it out alive to tell the tale. However, a tale has been wove, that a mystical sword of gold lies somewhere in its shadowy depths.
Speak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me