Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Newborn Valkrein #10

Postby SilverBell90 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 am

Pegasuswolf wrote:
I'M HERE TO ADOPT A FAWN!
Username: Pegasuswolf
Three Coat Colors: (Max 3) Seal Bay, Appaloosa Blanket, Grullo!
Prefered Antlers: Any!

Thank you!

This little fawn has Orange antlers, is female, and was born in September. In order to keep the fawn, you are required to complete quest 1-7. If you complete through 10, she grows, if not, you can keep her as a fawn.

Fallow(Passes down), Orange Antlers.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newborn Valkrein #10

Postby amavi. » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Quest One: Making Introductions

.....As soon as the stable hand walked up, I gasped. This darling little fawn truly was perfect! As he brought it over and explained it's situation, I reached out to it, letting it sniff my hand like a dog. I had previous training with many types of creatures, but deer were new to me. That's why I had been first interested in the orphan program. But now that the sad creature was in front of me, I felt a new need to help it. As I reached out, it sniffed me, and froze.
....."Don't worry little one, I won't hurt you.", I whispered gently. The stable hand gently gave me the lead rope, and I asked him how she was orphaned.
....."Her mother died after falling down a thousand foot falls nearby a town. The whole town saw it happen, and apparently she had been wading in the river above the falls when she was hit by a falling tree. They say the foal was hit too, but instead of going off the falls, she got caught on a large rock. A rescue helicopter saved her..", he replied, "One of the locals wanted to buy her, but she got scared and ended up wounding them.". I doubted those last words. This sweet little babe could never hurt anyone! I looked back down to see that the fawn had moved its body so my hand sat on it's head between it's ears. I scratched it's head a little and it bayed.
....."Poor little thing. She is still up for adoption, correct? I would love to adopt her.", I said softly.
....."She's all yours once you sign the paperwork!", the kind man replied, and he lead the two of us to the office. While we were walking, I watched the curious fawn carefully. I figured it might help me to learn what the doe was like and how it should be trained. It was a curious creature, brave, and intelligent. That was good. It's eyes were an odd sort of red-brown that was like an autumn leaf, and it's coat dark and shaded like soil. It was almost like two, big, round, red maple leaves had fallen and landed on dark soil.
....."Hmm,", I murmured, "I think I will name you Autumn. What do you think?". Autumn bayed happily, a clear sign that that name was perfect. I smiled, and then walked into the office.

(356 words without spaces)
amavi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newborn Valkrein #10

Postby amavi. » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:24 am

Quest Two: Heading Home

xxxAs soon as we walked out the barn doors, I finally understood why the local hadn't bought Autumn. As I lead her along on the lead rope, she began to bleet loudly, startling all of the other creatures inside the barn. She began kicking and baying, hitting me hard in the foot. I ignored it. I had brought a little goat trailer with me, the perfect size for such a small beast, but as we got farther away and walked onto the asphalt of the parking lot, Autumn stopped.

xxxShe just stood there for a good five minutes, her hooves planted in the ground like they were glued there. Finally, I turned around and tied her lead rope to a tree a couple feet away so I could use both of my hands. Autumn had stopped bleeting, but instead stood completely still and quiet like a living statue. I carefully took off my sweatshirt and covered her eyes with it. Immediately she relaxed. I untied her rope, and gently picked her up to carry her to the trailer.

xxxAs soon as we were next to the trailer, I gently placed her down on the ramp. She froze again at the sound of her hooves beating against the aluminum metal, and I took the chance to tie the end of her lead rope to the inside of the trailer. The trailer bottom was covered in soft dirt, not because it was dirty, it was meant to make the fawn comfortable with the familiar material. I pushed her gently, step by step in to the trailer, and then closed the gate behind us so I could take off her blindfold. She reacted quickly, first bucking, but then, realizing she was standing in the material she used to sleep in before she was born, she settled. And then she flopped on the ground to take a nap. I smiled, opened the gate, and quietly went to go drive.

(335 words total)
amavi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me