Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by zelos

by zelos

Vikani Everlance

Postby zelos » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:45 am

Ahhh my amazing RU by the amazing Valsefer!

This is Vikani Everlance.

At a very young age, she inherited her kingdom, and had a dream to become a well-respected queen with a happy ending like she always read about in fairytales. However, because she was so young, it was hard for the people to respect her and take her seriously, despite her efforts to be nice. So she referred to less kind methods, hoping they'd listen then.

Vikani had a younger sister, Akiva, and she was the only thing in the world that Vikani loved. She worked at Vikani’s side as a servant and advisor. They were both slightly similar in appearance, though the biggest difference was the fact that Vikani had wings, and her sister did not. Akiva often tried to nudge Vikani in the right direction, but she also learned not to question her authority. Often, Akiva wound up acting as an ambassador, too, trying to make right amongst the civilians what the queen had done wrong. However, it didn’t always work, and one day, Vikani’s kingdom revolted against her. A full on war resulted, and many lives were lost. However, Vikani was confident that she would be the victor, that things would eventually return to the way they once were, where the villagers knew to fear her and dared not question her. However, the war didn’t even in Vikani’s favour, and too late did Vikani realise this. Her sister, however, had a plan. Very shortly before the rebellion army broke into the castle, Akiva told Vikani that she would meet the invaders. She would be wearing a cloak, and Vikani was to do the same. This cloak would hide Vikani’s wings, and hide the fact that Akiva lacked them. Hopefully, anyway.

“When they find out that I don’t have wings, they will kill me. And even if they don’t find out, they will kill me. They want their queen dead. And as far as they know, that is what they will get. You must run, Vikani. Run as far away as possible. Run where no one will ever find you. And stay there. Start a new life. But… try not to forget me, okay?”

Akiva’s last words still ring clearly in Vikani’s head, and to this day, she can still picture the smile that her sister wore right before she ran off the meet the angry mob. Vikani headed in the other direction and escaped the castle, taking to the skies and flying off into the night. She didn’t know where she was going, but her journey lasted days. Finally, she came to a vast, secluded, volcanic mountain range, devoid of signs of threats to her (she had little fear of the potential for eruptions). She decided to stay there, far away from civilization There was no threat of being chased down if the villagers found out that she was still alive, and it also prevented anyone from finding her, and getting close to her, because she feared that if that happened, they, too, would meet a terrible fate, just as Akiva had.

Far more often than not, the mountains suffer from monstrous thunderstorms, but she learned to adapt to them, and thinks it fitting. She feels like she belongs there, like the storms in the world around her reflect the storm forever brewing deep inside her.
━━ ɴᴏ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴜs ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Yo, my name's Zelos and I'm a gay lady
with too many OCs and a bad caffeine
addiction. I've got a bachelor's degree
in Creative Writing, and I'm passionate
about storytelling and character dev. I
also enjoy doing digital art and occasi-
onally take USD commissions!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮