. Goofy

 [Discipline >>>>> ]
 [Shows Entered > R: W: E:]
 [Shows Won >>>> R: W: E:]

 [Ej > ] [Ep > ]
 [Eh > ] [Ws > ]
 [Wp > ] [Wt > ]
 [Rf > ] [Rs > ]
Last edited by Beewings on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not very active here anymore, moved to DA ->
I share computer w/Dioscuri.
Beewings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nera #274 Justin | Closed

Postby ruberiot » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:23 pm

First Touch
I was awoken from my peaceful slumber by the muffled ringing of a cell phone. My cell phone, to be exact. Bleary-eyed, I reached over and retrieved the device, lighting up the screen to see who had called. Oh, it's just the Agency. I thought, slipping beneath the covers. The Agency! I flung the blankets away from my body, checking once more to see if there was a message. As I had suspected, there was. I opened my voicemail and held it to my ear.
"Hello," an automated voice said, "This is just a reminder that your Neravontii will be arriving shortly." With those few words, the message ended.
Neravontii?... What Neravontii? I was puzzled. Had they dialed the wrong number?
10 minutes later, after I had changed from my pajamas into my clothes, it hit me. I nearly dropped the pot of coffee I had brewed. "That's right," I mumbled to myself. "The gelding."
I had purchased another gelding online, because I hadn't been able to view him in person until he was delivered at my house. I sipped at my coffee, wondering how soon they'd meant; after all, it was scarcely 5 in the morning.
I pulled on my boots and tossed on a purple hoodie and trudged outside, the pink light of dawn creeping over the horizon. I was startled by a bulky figure peering over the tall fence at me. "Hey boy," I said. It was Wolfsbane, another of my geldings, head tilted in my direction. I drew open the doors of the stable slowly, grateful that all of my stalls, even those that were not in use, had bedding placed down beforehand. I walked along the rows of stalls, some occupied, some vacant, debating where I should place the new Nera.
I chose a stall next to Wolfsbane's, due to his friendly nature. I unlocked it and stepped inside, adding more wood shavings to the current amount. I would not change it, as I'd placed it down just three days ago. I made sure there was a small amount of feed within it, just in case the Nera was hungry when he arrived. In the meantime I fed all of my other Neravontiis, even though they were not generally used to receiving food this early in the morning. I also turned all of them out to pasture, despite the fact that half of them were still dozing.
I also minced some rabbit meat in preparation for the new gelding and tossed into a metal bucket. I strode past multiple other stalls with my Neras in them. In doing so, I grabbed the attention of Arathorn who looked out at me in a pleading manner. I offered him a handful of the meat, watching him gobble it up within seconds. "Sorry boy, no more." I told him, looking at his pleading posture.
Finally, after what felt like an eternity but was actually 15 minutes, I heard a dull bang emanating from the driveway. I set the bucket down in front of the stall and raced outside, greeting the man who had brought the gelding. "G'day ma'am." he said. He flung open the doors to the trailer and led the gelding out, pressing the lead rope into my hands. "Thanks for buying 'im."
"Isn't there some paperwork or anything I need to fill out?" I inquired, slightly curious. With a quick shake of his head the man slammed the trailer doors, leaped into the cab of the truck, and sped off.
"Weird." I murmured, turning to face my new Neravontii. "Hi there boy." I said softly. I raised my palm to pat his velvety muzzle. I was able to touch him, but as I did so he gently nibbled on my fingertips. I giggled softly. "You're going to be fun." I told him, grinning broadly. I turned and led him to his new stall, watching with a smile as he grabbed the handle of the metallic bucket within his jaws. He tossed it halfheartedly, sending bits of rabbit flying. Despite the mess he had created, I could not help but laugh.
This was going to be fun.
ruberiot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruberiot » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:56 pm

First Saddle
From the moment I had discovered Justin, I'd sensed he was far more of a goofball than any of them. Due to this factor, Arathorn and he got along like peas in a pod. They often raced around, chasing each other, making whooping noises and kicking up clods of dirt. It made me grin whenever they seemed to play hide and seek, one of them scrambling up a tree and peering down like some type of bat.

However, today, one of their games was cut short. I haltered Justin and led him away, watching as Arathorn's head seemed to droop, ears flopping to the side. Justin, however, was spunky as ever, tail raised, ears standing on end, curiously awaiting today's training. I patted him on the muzzle before I tethered him to a fairly large wooden post, making sure that the knot was tight. Justin had been known to tug free and go exploring on his own, most often to his pal Arathorn.

I retrieved the saddle pad from its usual location, moving quickly. I made sure Justin was able to see what I was doing before I set it over his shoulders. In one movement I turned about, heaved the saddle up over my shoulder, and prepared to stand on tiptoe in order to reach Justin's back. I gasped in shocked surprise at the sight before me, nearly losing the hold on the leather object. Justin had seized a corner of the saddle pad and lifted it onto his head, where it now perched there like some form of strange crown. He turned his head towards me and seemed to grin before he glanced away.

"Oh goodness Justin," I sighed. "What am I going to do with you?" Justin tossed his head, surprisingly not dislodging it from its precarious position. "Well, silly boy, can you please put it where I had it?" I patted his neck gently when he nodded his head, seemingly apologetic, and set the saddle pad in its original position. "Thank you kindly," I said, adding the saddle atop the soft fabric. I cinched it up and stepped back to admire my work. The brown of the saddle really did match Justin's markings wonderfully.

I decided to attempt the bridle since Justin scarcely seemed to care about the foreign objects atop his back, expecting him to react in a similar fashion. I was amazingly incorrect.
Justin let out a bloodcurdling scream and jerked back, fighting with all of his might. With a single powerful snap of his jaws, the lead rope snapped into two and Justin was free. Off he went, stirrups flying, feet hammering the ground violently. All of his commotion had drawn my other Neras from their stalls, and now Kira watched with a look of confusion as Justin went tearing past her.

"Justin! Justin, come back!" I called, but it was all in vain; if Justin heard me, there was no sign of it. He continued his escape, blundering past the stables, startling other Neras in the process. Calmly, Arathorn stood at the fence, waiting for Justin to come near him. When he did so, the tan Neravontii halted his stride and stood still, sides heaving, nickering to Arathorn. When I returned, a different lead rope and halter in hand, Arathorn seemed to be making certain Justin did not run away into the forest surrounding my house. I deftly slipped the halter over his head and clipped the lead rope onto it before I led him away to his stall.

"No treats for you."
ruberiot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruberiot » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:14 pm

First Ride
Eventually, Justin and I had worked out his issues with the head piece-- but it had taken a ridiculous amount of work and plenty of treats to accomplish. I had spent a rather long time deciding where I would ride the gelding for the first time at, and had finally settled upon an indoor arena located out of my current city. I was slightly reluctant to do so, not wishing to become known as "the lady who was thrown from atop her Neravontii the first time she rode here." I begged Justin to behave, both aloud and within the boundaries of my mind.

I quickly loaded him up into my trailer, double checked to be certain it was hooked on properly, and off Justin and I went. I had to admit, I was extremely nervous and jittery; it's just all that coffee, I told myself. But I knew it was because I was afraid of being thrown from Justin.

I moved somewhat slowly when tacking the gelding up, having to repeatedly stop my thoughts and tell myself, it will be okay. Finally, I eased the silver bit into Justin's mouth and gently led him into the arena, drawing myself up to my full height. "You ready for this, Justin?" His nostrils flared and he champed at the bit, but otherwise seemed calm. I drew in a deep breath and released it slowly before I crawled atop the gelding. I gathered the leather reins and asked him for a walk. Slowly, slowly, he inched forward, attention fixed on another Neravontii who was currently being extremely disobedient. "Justin," I said, giving a gentle tug on the reins. "Hey bud."

I rode the gelding about in circles for several minutes, switching his pace from walk to trot to canter, unbelievably grateful at his calm attitude. "Great job, Justin." I then turned and cantered him from one corner of the arena to another, enjoying his floaty stride. I drew him to a halt and patted his neck, pleased with his progress. I was nearly about to leave when one of my more distant friends rode up on her mare.

"Wanna race?" she asked, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Umm..." I said, at a sudden loss for words. Justin was a newly trained Nera; I had not the faintest clue as to how he'd react to competing. "Justin is really new to this whole ordeal-"

"Aww, come on! It'll be fun. I'll be sure to take it easy on you." She spoke the last few words with scorn, making me wonder why I'd ever befriended her to begin with. My shoulders tensed up considerably, and it seemed Justin could sense my unhappiness. I gritted my teeth and nodded my head.

"Fine," I said. Justin seemed to be angry now. Maybe he disliked this bold woman's attitude? I know I sure did.

"Okay, here are the rules. We start at the fence. On the count of three, we take off as fast as our mounts can go. Ready?" I nodded, trembling slightly, heart racing.

Oh god, Justin... "1..."

Please be good, please be good, pleeeeasssseee be good... "2..."

A deep breath. The tension in the air was palpable, and I was sure Justin could sense it.

"3!"

Justin exploded forward like a bottle rocket, feet sending small puffs of sandy dirt into the air. Within seconds we had outdistanced the snooty woman, and Justin seemed to enjoy it. I wanted to scream and holler out of sheer joy, scream "We did it!" That was childish, though, so I held myself back. I reined Justin in as we reached the opposing corner of the arena, the woman and her ride just reaching us.

"Wow," she breathed. "That's a fast gelding you've got there. Is he for sale?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

Justin was for sure my race Nera.
ruberiot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me