XHOLI 39 by KinqBoo

Based on Click to view
Artist KinqBoo [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

XHOLI 39

Postby KinqBoo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:13 am

Tall, lean frame, round ears, and bright eyes, Xholis are diurnal, hierarchal, and intelligent species that wield the forces of nature. Xholis are social animals that can be recognized into 2 different clans. The ones that hunt at dusk, and those that hunt at dawn. Their pelt reflects their environment as the Dusk hunters tend to have darker palette while the Dawn hunters are significantly lighter. Between those two clans, the species are once again split into more diverse and specialized packs. Fire, Earth and Water are the most common forces of nature that each Xholi wields. The gem they are born with determines their attribute, which is effected by the parent's gems. Every Xholi is given a role befitting their status in the pack, and the leader of the each pack is expected to keep the peace.

Maji Pupsitter

Kind of a weird contest this time, it can be written or illustrated, no cap on anything.
NO LIMITS ! GO WILD AS LONG AS IT'S CANON
Pretty forms are a boost for me as long as they aren't too crazy.
The question is,

What keeps this Xholi up at night

In other words, what bothers them in their dreams or what distracts them from sleeping.

Ends the 24th

Code: Select all
[b]Username[/b]
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Name Meaning[/b]
[b]What Keeps Them Up At Night[/b]
Last edited by KinqBoo on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KinqBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: XHOLI 39

Postby fairyauthor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:49 am

Username:
i.need.sleep
Name:
Namaka
Name Meaning:
The name Namaka originated from Hawaiian mythology. Namaka is the sea goddess of Hawaii,
and is considered the "eyes" of Kaha'i. She is also famous for being the sister of Pele, the
volcano goddess of Hawaii.
What Keeps Them Up At Night:
As soon as she fell asleep, Namaka knew something wasn't right. Her whole body felt weighed
down, and although she was trying as hard as she could, she found she couldn't move a muscle.
That's wierd. I'm asleep but... it feels like i'm awake? She found that she could think
clearly, but everything else she could regularly do was nearly impossible. Namaka lied there for
a while, wondering what on earth was going on. She heard strange noises, buzzing and low
drones, and flashes of light blinking through her eyelids. As the flashes of light became more and
more frequent, Namaka realized that she had the ability to open her eyes. Curiosity got the best
of her, and though it was difficult in the state that she was in, she managed to lift her eyelids
enough to see what was going on around her.
To her horror, all around her were slithering silhouettes of creatures she couldn't name. They were
similar to Xholis, but somehow twisted into something menacing and horrible.Their bodies were thin
and distorted, dark and black in the evening lights. Their skin had the thick, sticky consistency of oil,
dripping off of them and melting into puddles on the floor. Their mouths were stretched across their
grim faces, filled with sharp, saw-like teeth. Their eyes glowed with hatred and menace.
As one of the horrific creatures slithered closer to her, Namaka could feel the terror rising through her
chest. She tried to close her eyes, but found it even more difficult then opening them had been. She
whimpered, praying that someone or something could save her. As the creature got closer and closer,
the buzzing noises got louder and louder. They almost sounded like strange words, but she couldn't
make them out. The creature began to shake her, rattling her thoughts. As the shaking
became more and more vicious, the creatures faded away to reveal... regular Xholis?
Upon seeing them, Namaka found that she could once again move her body. She gasped, shocked after
her horrible experience. After explaining to the other Xholis what had happened, she decided to visit
the healer to see what was wrong and why this had happened.
As it turns out, Namaka had experienced sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is a condition where your body
is fully asleep but parts of your brain are still awake. Your brain starts to believe that you are having
trouble breathing, and will create very unpleasant hallucinations if you open your eyes. The person
experiencing sleep paralysis will be unable to move their body until it wakes up on its own.
Even after being told that the hallucinations weren't real, Namaka is still terrified of the creatures.
Every time she is about to fall asleep, she remembers their horrifying faces. She is very afraid of her
condition and the hallucinations that go along with it, and it often causes her to stay awake very late
into the night in fear. She has experienced sleep paralysis multiple times, but never as bad as that first
night.
Last edited by fairyauthor on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:00 am, edited 9 times in total.
fairyauthor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clara Erassari » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Res if I can. ;w;
Clara Erassari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oh-J » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Username Serge
    Name Mahi
    Name Meaning
    Mahi or mahimahi is a surface-dwelling ray-finned fish found in off-shore temperate, tropical and subtropical waters worldwide.
    What Keeps Them Up At Night
    Dem Puppies.
Last edited by Oh-J on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    colorful hair don't care
Oh-J

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paper planets » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:18 pm

⚛ USΣRΠΔMΣ ⚛
Chasing_Stars

⚛ ΠΔMΣ ⚛
Shayna

⚛ ΠΔMΣ MΣΔΠIΠG ⚛
Beautiful

image.jpg
image.jpg (156.26 KiB) Viewed 746 times

ѕecond cнanceѕ don'т alwayѕ мean a нappy endιng... ѕoмeтιмeѕ, ιт'ѕ jυѕт anoтнer ѕнoт тo мaĸe тнιngѕ rιgнт

⚛ ШHΔT ҜΣΣPS THΣM UP ΔT ΠIGHT ⚛
Wind rattled the bare branches of the snow covered trees. The cold forest glistened as the large flakes if snow fell endlessly down towards the thick layer of snow. Never before had the creatures of this forest seen a blizzard like this before, this part of the forest rarely got snow, let alone a blizzard.
Down, below the large trees, lay a small den. And if you looked around more you would see a shape struggling through the snow towards the dug out den which would offer shelter for the raging blizzard. Only after a few more moments would you realize the two small shapes struggling with the large one. And then you would see that they are some sort of wolf or dog and the smaller shapes were puppies of the same species.
How could one survive in this weather you ask? Well, the only way to find out is to listen to the rest of the story... I'm afraid it doesn't have a very happy ending.
The older creature, her once beautiful coat covered in a layer of snow, picked up one of the puppies and struggled towards the den. She was completely focused on bringing this weak pup to the shelter that she seemed to forget about the one that collapsed behind her. The pup was too tired to go any further and exhaustion dragged at his tiny paws. All he could do was collapse and wait for the light to engulf him.
Perhaps that was the pup's destiny, but the creature didn't know. Once she got the one pup in the den her eyes widened in panic and she raced back to the fallen pup. Her paws tripping up herself as she tried to reach the pup as quickly as the thick layer of snow would allow. She collapsed by the pup's side and stared down at it, her eyes wide with shock. The pup was dead, and it was her fault... A million thoughts raced through the creature's mind such as It's my fault! If I had just picked them both up then he wouldn't be dead.... What have I done? If anyone knows it was me I won't be able to care for pups anymore... I'll probably be kicked out of the clan for murdering an innocent puppy!
So, she did what she had to do to save her rank in her clan. Maybe it wasn't the greatest idea, but it was the best she could come up with in her moments of panic. What she did was blame another pupsittter in her clan. She took the small pup to the den and the next day once the snow stopped she brought both pups, one dead and one alive to her clan.
She told them that she found both pups out in the forest with no one around to care for them, she said that she smelled the scent of another pupsittter on them. Her heart beat furiously in her chest through the whole story. The creature made up the whole story to save her rank, was it the right thing to do? Well that is what she thinks of all the time.
The other pupsittter was kicked out do the clan and no one ever suspected her to be the one who was supposed to be caring for the pup.

Does this answer you question?
She stays up each night, thinking over what happened and thinking if she did the right thing. She often thinks she should tell someone, then maybe the guilt will go away and she will be able to live with what she has done. But, she knows she could never do that. Maybe living with the pain and guilt is punishment for what she's done. If it is, she is willing to take her punishment.
Last edited by paper planets on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:46 am, edited 17 times in total.
██████████████████
⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯

WE LIVE
┌────────┐
active roleplayers club
characters — rp storage
art shop — extra
└────────┘
███████████
███████████
⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯
██████
██████
██████

██████████████████
████
████
████
⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯

i’m paper planets, you can call me
planets.previously i was chasing_
stars. i’m currently watching too
much netflix & i love the 100. ho
nestly, please pm me if you want
to talk about it, i’d happily rant
[ she/her pronouns : canadian ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
┌────────────────┐
CC. ENERGY. ─────── CODING SHOP
└────────────────┘
⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯ ⋯⋯ ⋯
paper planets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

do you see how the stars shine for you ?

Postby yeena » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:43 pm

.╔══════════ seth

.....'an evil god who murdered his brother
.....Osiris and wounded Osiris's son Horus.'

..... male pronouns; he/him/his/himself

.....seth adores watching stars at night and
.....often loses sleep to his obsession over--
.....the small glowing gas balls in the sky..

. ═══════════╝
.-----------------------------------------
╔═════════════╗

Carryon my wayward son; Stormy edit

I was soaring ever higher, but
I flew too high
Though my eyes could see I st-
ill was a blind man
Though my mind could think I
still was a mad man

╚═════════════╝
.-----------------------------------------
╔═════════════╗

Soldatino (Nico's song); Paola Bennet

Seams undone by the love you tho-
ught you could own
But he's just one of many that you
might call home
And maybe someday, the bitter will
fade from your bones

╚═════════════╝
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

│★│
│★│
│★│
│★│
│★│
│★│
│★│
━━positive traits━━
solemn ★ curious ★ punctual
trusting ★ diligent ★ patient
honest ★ deference ★ jovial

━━negative traits━━
stubborn ★ v clingy ★ timid
forgetful ★ hesitant ★ loud
unforgiving ★ weak ★ stoic
│││
│││
│││
│││
│││
│││
│││
━━━Image
xxxwishxxxxxxmay,xxxxxxwishxxxxxxmight . . . .
.━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

He watched his mother's paw movements upwards, leading his eyes up to watch the vast dark sky above him. " So ? " he questioned gruffly,
      ears flattening against his head. " They are just lights. What are they worth ? " he sneered out being the small and rather-naive yearling he
      was, turning to start chewing at his itchy hind leg. His mother could only give a gruff snort-chuckling sound and lower her paw before sha-
      king her head.

-
      His mother weakly turned her frail head up, the silver around her nose catching the moons light. He watched, turning upwards to follow h-
      er gaze. Stars. Stars everywhere.. again ? It felt almost like a replay. A replay of something long ago.. but he couldn't place his paw on the
      event. " You see all those lights everywhere child ? " his mother rasped, nodding upwards and looking at him out of the corner of her eyes.
      He nodded and shifted slightly, ignoring the uncomfortable feel of the hard ground so he was able to look up and not break the eye contact.
      -

" Ever so sure ? " the other xholi rasped out, a cough escaping her lips after a bit. She was sick.. the cold air had been getting her. That s-
      ent him to give her a twisted, weird look before turning his long snout back up to stare at the sea of bright stars.. some certainly winking-
      down at him. Squinting upwards he tilted his head ever so slightly, a small turn, barely noticeable. " Am I supposed to see something else ?-
      They all seem pretty pointless to me. " he mumbled out, the former bitterness gone, faded into an almost-curious tone. They were just st-
      ars right.. ? Nothing special.. just bright lights... they were meaningless ! No matter what she said.

" You are naive and blind my child. I can't force you to see something that you won't, I'm wishing time will reveal all you need to know. " he fl-
      attened his ears a bit at that statement. What did she mean ? What was there to be revealed ? The question remained in his mind, even a-
      fter his mother curled up on herself to sleep. He stayed up, staring up. What could the stars possibly mean to him, Seth of the Dawn (or D-
      usk im not too sure) clan, Maji Yearling taking on the job of being a pupsitter apprentice ? Snorting a bit he glared slightly over at his mo-
      ther's sleeping form, she had gotten him interested in a topic he had no muse for as of now. Shame.

Turning the other way he curled up in a similar manner to his mother- curving his lanky form to where his tail tip brushed against his nose,-
      managing to rest his head delicately between his two smooth oval gems.. but even while he drifted off to sleep, he thought about the stars,-
      what they could mean.. he had seen falling stars, shooting across the sky and leaving behind their sky home.. could those have meant omens-
      all along ? When the first and brightest star came out, did that mean the birth of a new pup ?... it was weird how people could get addicted
      to something they might hate at present times, and obsess over three years later.. weird and yet amazing.

That night, all he dreamed about were his mothers words of 'I can't force you to see something that you won't, I'm wishing time will reveal
      all you need to know.'

★★★ ━━━━━━━━━━━━ ★★★

His mother weakly turned her frail head up, the silver around her nose catching the moons light. He watched, turning upwards to follow h-
      er gaze. Stars. Stars everywhere.. again ? It felt almost like a replay. A replay of something long ago.. but he couldn't place his paw on the
      event. " You see all those lights everywhere child ? " his mother rasped, nodding upwards and looking at him out of the corner of her eyes.
      He nodded and shifted slightly, ignoring the uncomfortable feel of the hard ground so he was able to look up and not break the eye contact.

" The stars mother ? Yes. " he replied quietly, eyes wide and curious at the sky above him. She pursed her lips before nodding and looking
      over at him. " Theres something you don't know dear son, its something nobody knows at all. " this all caught his attention.. even more, he
      should add. Does this mean he would be learning a secret nobody else knew about ? Something he could treasure and protect ? Nodding e-
      xcitedly he turned his head to the side, breaking gaze from the stars to look at his mothers bright eyes.

" They are souls Seth. Souls of those that have lost their ways to the afterlife.. but, its not exactly a bad thing. Much like ranks in our own
      pack they have jobs. They all make up a whole rank.. they help those that are lost find their ways home. " she paused, looking away to nod
      off in the distance, staring at stars that went beyond the distant rocky mountains. He opened his mouth to speak yet soon closed it again-
      as his mother continued talking, " You might not understand.. and it takes years of practice, yet all the stars form certain.. paths. Ways.
      Roads.. someday I hope you will find out your own mapped ways. "

Staring up he looked at all the twinkling 'souls'.. really ? Were they the lost souls who never reached the end of the road ?.. how cool.. " What-
      about falling sta- souls ? What do they mean ? " he questioned curiously and his mother whipped her eyes towards him, her look putting the
      most aggressive xholis to cower in fear. " They are souls trying to escape from their ranks. They fall and.. go down. They shoot higher, look
      to escape, but end up failing and falling down where they don't need to be. "

All he could was nod dumbly, lost of words.

★★★ ━━━━━━━━━━━━ ★★★

He called himself up on the ridge, the old ridge. Such precious memories were stored in this ancient place. He smiled slightly, long fur neat-
      and tidy.. for most part. Some dirt clung to him here and there and his neck fluff was ruffled due to puppies.. but he was pleased with the
      look for most part. It was just turning pink, fading off to an almost dark-maroon color far off in the distance. Shaking his head slightly he s-
      at down, tail curling swiftly around his small paws.

Oh how it felt so weird without his loving guide.. his lips turned downwards in a frown at the memory. Her passing hadn't been long ago.. he
      had been gravely hurt over the fact. He had not shed any tears over the death besides a few but despite that it didn't mean his heart was c-
      rying out; it felt as if half of him had left him. Left him to fend alone.. although not everyone would ever live forever and his dear mother w-
      ould be taken care of for sure, wherever she went. She was getting her release- as per the past few weeks she had been complaining about c-
      ramps, back pain and she had also seemed to be losing eyesight. Such a sad sight.. he was almost just a tad bit happy she was free.

In his time of thinking the sky had paled, turning darker with each passing thought.. and by now it was almost pitch black save a few dark m-
      aroon spots. Peering up he stared around at the black sea.. where was it.. aha ! Landing his eyes on the first light of the night he stared at t-
      he bright star. His mother had explained to him that that was the lead guide star. The one that always lead the sun down for its rest.

He couldn't help but see his mother as the star; guiding him to his rest. Guiding him on his way.. what a pretentious thought.. or was it ?

And from then on he would venture out to that same ridge, wait to see his mothers star, and ponder over the stars, which he would became (
      he found it destiny of him to become a guide of the sky), and to find new paths in the star.. and maybe even see a falling star. He always c-
      ame out before putting puppies to sleep and then after, before he had to go to sleep.

It soon just became routine.

.━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
.┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Image.Image
Last edited by yeena on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Username Zmei' Vulpe
Name Annemette
Name Meaning Bitter Pearl
What Keeps Them Up At Night Thoughts in their head and wishing upon the stars
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vee. » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 pm

omg. very seriously considering trying out ♥
Image Image Image
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hi, I'm Vee and I love you! ♥
    » I was Vellamore previously~
    » I am taking a temporary break from CS while I get my life in order. I will return someday!! Contact me on dA at yes-deer or on Discord at vee#2913
    » Commissions are closed.

about medA account
my kalons

vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darnet.garnet » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 pm

Username
Name
Name Meaning

mark
darnet.garnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reilly » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:20 pm

res
they are afraid of the dark

Username
reilly
Name
blayke
Name Meaning
light and dark
wip (gonna be art)
Last edited by reilly on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sorry I may be inactive for a while
something has come up
if you need to contact me please pm me but don't expect a quick reply
reilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me