6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Makoatl #125 Re-Adopt Competition

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:51 pm

You MUST Follow the TOS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a Makoatl?
A Makoatl is a terrestrial shark-dragon hybrid recently discovered
off the coast of the Greenland sea. They have the powerful tail
and jaws of a shark, with the body and (occasional) horns of a dragon.
They usually have manes, and are covered in thick coats of fur-
adapted to keeping out the cold in their native habitat.
They live on a diet of mainly meat and fish, and are known to be vicious
hunters! Despite this attitude toward their prey, however, they
are very protective and mothering to their offspring,
as well as to each other the majority of the time.

Design by Sixbane

Part of a large set of Re-adoption competitions having to be put up
Unfortunately a member got banned from makoatls and we had to take them away :c
The staff has decided to host a bunch of readoptions though so they can get to new homes c:

This makoatl does come with art!
[I just have to obtain the stash with all of it; once I do I'll post for everyone to see]

To win this mako fill out the form below!
-You may pretty up-
-You may add up to 2 extras [If writing 500 words max per extra; if art 1 pieces max per extra]

Code: Select all
[b]Username[/b]
[b]Makoatl name[/b]
[b]Makoatl gender[/b]
[b]What kind of pet would this mako have?[/b]
[b]Why?[/b] [300 word limit]

End Date: July 25th 10:00 PM MST
[Please excuse my horrible cover; I don't use oekaki often QAQ"]
Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Makoatl #125 Re-Adopt Competition

Postby Tricksters » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Reserved, may try out if I have time :'o

nova - mouse artist
I work over full time 5 days a week lol
please be patient with me I'm so tired rn

my birthday is august 20th
Tricksters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightshyne » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Possible reserve. qoq
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowseph » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Username Snow!
Makoatl name
Makoatl gender
What kind of pet would this mako have?
Why? [300 word limit]

Reserving, oop.
    i'm not that active... i pop in every now and then out of boredom or nostalgia.
    i'm keeping my stuff unless otherwise stated.

he/they. queer. adult. multi&mixed media artist.
    discord: eat_plant
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf ;; » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Username balto.
Makoatl name Calma
Makoatl gender Male
What kind of pet would this mako have? cat - but more so calico/dilute calico patterned cats
Why? Well, aside from the fact that some cats have the same colours or somewhat the same markings as he does, he just thinks they are great pets to have around. They're not as playful as dogs, leaving him to have more time, and he absolutely loves to snuggle down with, to use them as a source of warmth as well as a loyal companion. He owns a few already himself, and often likes to design his house interior after the pelts - if it be striped, spotted, patched, plain or all of them, he always makes his house cat themed, and often switches it about from time to time. He think they're the perfect animal to have if you need a hug or just someone to be with you at all times, as cats can be very flexible, depending on the wide range of personalities that the cat may contain. Calma overall favours them over any other animal, and cannot stand the people that plainly dislike the cute creatures.

personality and art as extras

reserve cx
Last edited by wolf ;; on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spitz. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:01 pm

" W E • H A V E • T O • B E • T H E I R • V O I C E"

╔═════════════╗

Username
.FlamingFeather.
Makoatl name
Cobalt
Makoatl gender
Male

╚═════════════╝
•Pet•
•What kind?•
═════════
The pet Cobalt would have would be a small sugar glider, named domino.
•Why?•
═════════
Word count: 105
Cobalt would have a sugar glider because he feels that exotic animals, that are meant to be pets of course, are better pets than the typical cats, dogs and fish. People always want excitement in their lives and then they go out and get a dog or cat, what's so exciting about that? Cobalt also feels that this little guy fits his personality very well. Domino is hyper but knows there is a time for everything an he also loves to go on trips and he keeps cobalt grounded when he gets unreasonable or too excited. He also plays an important role in Cobalt's dream.

•How They Met•
════════════
Cobalt met his little friend, domino the sugar glider, by realizing in order to find happiness he needed to follow his dream and his passions.
"Attention! We will be landing in approximately 10 mins." Cobalt was on his way to Australia to follow his passion and start a new, better, more exciting life. Cobalt gathered together his things and propped he seat up. He stared out the window with amazement. This time yesterday he was in a big city, instead of looking at a huge green beautiful jungle, he would be looking out the 12th story window at a street jammed with cars and busses, with the consent ring of horns. He couldn't wait to land and get to the airport and meet his guide. For the next year and a half cobalt would be living on the great jungle of Australia.
Two Weeks Later
════════════
Cobalt had been settled in and on a schedule for at least two weeks now, so he decided now is as good of time as any to explore his new fun life. He looked to the edge of the jungle and thought that would be a good place to start, since it was close and full of wildlife. As he got nearer he heard a loud screech. He peered in and saw a small mouse like looking thing. It had huge bug like eyes and small feet, but the strangest thing was it had small wings that were made of skin. He wondered why it didn't fly away. He called for the to the house for the guide, the guide came running out, cobalt had explained the situation and asked what to do with the small, obviously injured animal. The guide said there was nothing much we could do to help the animal and to leave it there for nature to do with what it wants. Cobalt refused to leave it there to die or be harmed further so he demanded that they help to save it. The guide came back with a small soft tope colored blanket. Cobalt wrapped up the creature and walked back to the house. Later the doctor had come to check the animal and confirmed that it indeed was a young, male sugar glider and, with the broken leg and paw, there was nothing they could do to help it. Cobalt knew if he helped it now he could fix it's leg and paw permanently back home. He decided to keep the sugar glider as a pet and name it domino, like the sugar brand. And as said once home he had fixed the gliders' legs and they stayed together for the rest of their time left.

Cobalt's Dream
════════════
Cobalt had found his best friend domino, while following his passions and dream. Now we will go deeper into what those.
Ever since cobalt was a little mako he always knew he wanted to do something to help animals that are endangered and keep other species from becoming endangered. Everyone had always him the question every kid gets asked "What are you going to do when you grow up?" Most people don't have the answer to that question at his age but he did. "To keep animals from dying in our country" and later as he grew older and learned more about animals and the endangered list, he changed his dream to "To save the worlds' various species from becoming endangered and extinct." He achieved his dream by traveling the world to save animals for his life, where he had saved his little friend, Domino. He had devoted his life to save animals that most people wouldn't even bother to think about, let alone spend their life's time saving them.
Last edited by Spitz. on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
I used be .FlamingFeather. please don't steal

▬▬▬▬▬
. F l a m i n g F e a t h e r .
▬▬▬▬▬
Spitz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quietlights » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:01 pm

mark if i have time
quietlights

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alkene » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Divide me down to the smallest I can be

Username
PenumbraWolfy
Makoatl name
Icarus Ruffin
Makoatl gender
Female
What kind of pet would this mako have?
Icarus' best friend [and pet] would be a African Grey Parrot named Lacy

Why?
To be frank, Icarus has always wanted a smaller dog companion, but as she ventured off into the forest, she stumbled upon an injured parrot. It was odd to find a bird so used to hot and humid temperatures in a temperate forest. She found that the bird was most likely dropped from a carrier or a truck because she spotted a broken cage nearby.

Deciding to take in the bird and nurse it back to health, Icarus found a strong bond with the parrot. Even with all the mess and loud wake-up calls, she could never find herself letting go of Lacy. The two became inseparable. Lacy began staying by Icarus' side and following Icarus around in her wildest adventures.
[121 words]

Extra one. Theme Song:
Uma Thurman - Fallout Boy [Cannot link due to some profanity]

Extra two. Story [Karasu is pulled into the Hunter's Life | Karasu's POV]:

She was absolutely fascinating. No, that was the wrong word. She was absolutely toxic. Her daring, sarcastic, and quirky attitude was all I needed to be drawn in. Her story and attitude about life hooked me in like a siren's most beautiful song. Yes. she lured me in and she lead me through her own dangerous path.

"You're insane!" I shouted over the rickety bridge. Icarus chuffed out a laugh as she easily moved across. I watched as Icarus' parrot glided through the air and land onto her back gracefully. It looked back as if it were trying to mock me. Where the hell did she get that stupid thing? "Yeah, well, I wasn't really normal to begin with!" she called back, making sure her feathered friend was safely perched onto her shoulder. I growled to myself after scoffing at her words, pacing back and forth at the opposite end in frustration. There was no way I'd move across the wooden bridge over lava. Nothing about it screamed 'safe.' Eyeing the fiery pit below, I swallowed a lump in my throat. Sure, the other female got across effortlessly, but she was a hunter and an explorer, which meant that she dealt with the craziest things.

"You wouldn't want to let your parents die in vain now, would you, my dear?" she spoke, feigning innocence with the batting of her eyelashes. That was another thing. She knew just how to make me snap. I glared sharply and forgot the situation completely. Without thinking, I charged forward over the bridge, pinning her to the ground when reaching the end. "Don't you dare talk about it again. Understood?" I snarled. my eyes glowing bright-yellow in anger. "First off-" Icarus pushed me off of her and stood. "I'd appreciate you not scaring Lacy." she picked up her startled companion gently and set the bird back on her shoulder. "And second, I didn't say anything bad. All I'm saying is that you wanted this trip to be worth it, right? Revenge, Yadda-yadda" she rambled, twirling her paw in the air for emphasis.

"Besides, little dragon. I gotcha over the bridge, yeah?" This is when I allowed myself to calm down. Even though I wasn't a fan of Icarus' approach and personality, she was the only hunter out there that would help me on this mission. I wanted to kill the Vampires that slayed my parents. She was the one to guide me towards the nest. There was something about the hunter that even excited me about monster-slaying. She would speak about it like it were an adventure ripped straight out of a novel. I knew she was dangerous though, although I couldn't help wanting to follow her path. "Whatever, let's get going then" I muttered to myself, leading the way. Her expression brightened and her gaze was practically showing delight. She had a new friend. She had a new partner.

Oh, this will be fun I could practically hear her shout.

[500 words]

Put your, put your venom in me
Last edited by Alkene on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:01 am, edited 12 times in total.
|| She/her or They/Them||
discord — Arganine#8571

Only active for Oekaki and Adopts at this point

QPPs
pine & Lonnie
My dearest friends
| Sixbane | MrBoodle | Sebeon | batman | Wesley | Lucikan | Toxic Wolf | Emris | nirvaniem | Bornfromashes
Alkene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bullie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:09 pm

reserve uvu
bullie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puffball. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Username ~Pinkie Pie~
Makoatl name Jayce
Makoatl gender Male
What kind of pet would this mako have? netherland mini lop
Why?

May try out <3 Do not steal pet idea.

Dropping out good luck to those who enter.
Last edited by Puffball. on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImageImage Image
Puffball.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me