6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Event Mako Readopt #014

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:44 pm

You MUST Follow the TOS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a Makoatl?
A Makoatl is a terrestrial shark-dragon hybrid recently discovered
off the coast of the Greenland sea. They have the powerful tail
and jaws of a shark, with the body and (occasional) horns of a dragon.
They usually have manes, and are covered in thick coats of fur-
adapted to keeping out the cold in their native habitat.
They live on a diet of mainly meat and fish, and are known to be vicious
hunters! Despite this attitude toward their prey, however, they
are very protective and mothering to their offspring,
as well as to each other the majority of the time.

Design by Snow!

Part of a large set of Re-adoption competitions having to be put up
Unfortunately a member got banned from makoatls and we had to take them away :c
The staff has decided to host a bunch of readoptions though so they can get to new homes c:

This makoatl does come with art!
[I just have to obtain the stash with all of it; once I do I'll post for everyone to see]

To win this mako fill out the form below!
-You may pretty up-
-You may add up to 2 extras [If writing 500 words max; if art 3 pieces max]

Code: Select all
[b]Username[/b]
[b]Makoatl name[/b]
[b]Makoatl gender[/b]
[b]Favorite Holiday Activity[/b]

[/code]

End Date: July 25th 10:00 PM MST
[Please excuse my horrible cover; I don't use oekaki often QAQ"]
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Event Mako Readopt #014

Postby Snowseph » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:49 pm

Marking to see the winner. ;v;
    i'm not that active... i pop in every now and then out of boredom or nostalgia.
    i'm keeping my stuff unless otherwise stated.

he/they. queer. adult. multi&mixed media artist.
    discord: eat_plant
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DancesWithSquids » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:58 pm

marking like crazy because I so wanted this babe the first time around *_*

Username
Makoatl name
Makoatl gender
Favorite Holiday Activity

W ɪʟʟ Tʜ Bʀɪɢ

Hello! I'm DancesWithSquids
but you can call me Blu!
I'm a pretty shy person but
feel free to PM me about anything!
My Flight Rising / My DA / My Simas

Wʜɴ W ɪ

DancesWithSquids

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roadhog » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:04 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
Username
Makoatl name
Makoatl gender

Marking so hard. I am going to try even harder to win this guy, since I lost the other.
not accepting pms right now unless I add you to my friends list.
finally quitting. I've told myself I'll quit soon, and I never did, but I finally feel like I should quit. Still keeping my characters/deviantart though. I've wanted to quit for a long long time, but I'm doing it.
Nobody on here talks with me , is friends, and I try to chat on the FR thread but nobody responds much.
Quitting CS and flightrising.

All my fr dragons/stuff went to one of my real life best friends, so don't ask for my FR stuff.
Roadhog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nani

Postby ander » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:18 pm

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

chestter, owner of one.

Nani, meaning beauty and glory in Hawaiian

Female

Nani's favorite activity is to hand make her very own lei for May Day, or, more commonly in Hawaii, Lei Day. Each island has their very own flower, meaning that they each wear a different lei with that flower. Her isle, Maui, is known for the the lokelani Lei, its color is pink and is sweet scented and very fragile. Making one takes very delicate work and concentration, but it pays off.

Sunlight streamed through the open window and onto Nani's face. Her eyes opened slowly, a smile spreading across her lips. Today was the day, the first of May! She hopped to her feet and quickly gathered the supplies she'd left out the night before. Some string, some beads, and a quick snack for herself. She the items into a backpack and headed off to pick the flowers.
She journeyed into the forest surrounding her home, following an invisible trail she knew by heart. It was a rather long hike to reach the area, so she ate her breakfast as she walked, being mindful of her surroundings. When she finally reached her destination, she stopped and stood still, simply listening to the forest for a moment. It was beautiful and peaceful, the two working together perfectly. She seat her pack down on a bare patch of ground and turned to the wall of flowers before her, the shades of pink and light red popping out in the otherwise green environment. She carefully began picking the flowers, pulling them off at the base of the flower itself. She continued working for some time, placing the picked flowers out of the way so they wouldn't get damaged. She picked one last flower, glancing back at the pile she'd already accumulated. Grinning, she knew it was just enough. She found a seat next to her pack and pulled out the supplies, ready to begin. The process was extremely painstaking, preciseness being the key. So when she started it was with great care.
The first flower was rather easy, but it did take time. The first ones always did, but the process sped up gradually as she continued. Before she even knew it half of the lei was complete, not a single mistake so far. Impressed with her progress she tried to speed it up a bit, but that only resulted in a mistake. And another one. She put the two flowers aside and shook her head to clear it, talling herself to get a grip. She started once more, slowly and steadily working. She did make a few mistakes, but she finished in good time, and she was satisfied with her lei. Standing, she placed the lei around her neck and gathered her things, ready to enjoy May Day.

[385/500]
Last edited by ander on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
ander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luscinia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:57 pm

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
        Username Lioncourt

Makoatl name Maeve

Makoatl gender Cisgender Female

Maeve loves, and is obsessed with, cooking the Thanksgiving dinner for her friends every year. She cooks the entire meal for everyone, all on her on, spending hours on the meal over the course of a few days. It requires a lot of time and work, but she believes it's all worth it. She takes great pride in her cooking, and constantly hounds her pals for their opinions on her work. While she hates the bloodshed that followed in Thanksgiving's history, she tends to ignore that bit and focuses on the food aspect of it. There's nothing like watching your friends gorge themselves on your cooking. While having a few bites of your own, of course...

Personality
        Maeve is the type who likes to get things done as efficiently as she possibly can. She is organized, busy-minded, a tiny bit of a clean-freak, and quick-thinking when decisions need to be made. On the other hand, she's fairly finicky and fragile, both physically and mentally. She gets stressed easily when she notices too many things need to get done. She gets easily offended, which often leads to arguments. When arguing, one should know how competitive she is, which means she intends on winning any fight she may get into. That often leads to her bad habit of bragging, even when it's clear nobody wants to hear of her victories, but she is just so stubborn she refuses to listen.

Though she has some positives, that's for sure. She tries her best to act as mature and motherly toward her friends as possible, and she's notoriously protective of each and every one of them, namely little Hyde. Maeve loves to cook for them all whenever she gets the chance to, Thanksgiving being her excuse to get them all over for dinner. Cooking by far is her greatest passion, and even her worst enemies could admit that she's a pretty good cook.

Relationships
        Airone - Airone and Maeve get along surprisingly well. The two are good friends, and they benefit each other when they're together. Maeve has been trying to teach Airone to think about what he says before saying it, so that he doesn't end up offending someone by accident. Airone, on the other hand, has been trying to teach Maeve how to let loose and enjoy herself outside of her own strict mental bonds. Occasionally Maeve gets irritated with him and starts getting snippy, but usually, they have a very friendly relationship.
        [Airone is owned by Squalo]

Steve - Maeve strongly appreciates Steve's more mature nature, though sometimes his extreme willingness to do a bunch of things for other Makoatls makes Maeve a little nervous, especially with the idea of him being tricked. She keeps this to herself and merely watches on as he does many good deeds. She always loves having him over for Thanksgiving, but she has to remind him every year not to share the reason of this holiday. It just makes everyone be able to actually eat their food without feeling guilt about the past.
        [Steve is owned by PenumbraWolfy]

Hyde - Maeve and Hyde have a sibling-like relationship. The two care deeply for each other, however, they also have a tendency to butt heads. Hyde's mischief and temper don't mix in the best ways with Makoatls like Maeve. Maeve feels like she has to scold Hyde whenever she pulls one of her tricks, and Hyde tends to leap into an argument with her over it, as Hyde hates being told what to do. Due to this constant arguing, they've agreed to make Thanksgiving their 'day of truce', where they've sworn never to fight. So far, they've kept up on that promise, and hopefully it'll last.
        [Hyde is owned be me c:]
Last edited by Luscinia on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Luscinia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZC. » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:00 pm

xxImage
Yo, I'm Illuminati Dorito, a current non-owner of Makos. I'm hoping to win my first one here!

Livere Angustifolia - From Latin 'Livere,' meaning Blue-ish (which the word Lavender was derived from)
and Angustifolia, the name for the Mint family, which lavender is a part of. Nicknames include Liv,
Vere and Flora.

xImage
Female

Liv's favorite holiday activity is going to Halloween parties. It would be trick-or-treating, were it not for
the fact that she is a bit old for that.

xxxImage
[img]wip%20image%20goes%20here[/img]

ESFJ, tends not to think things through, comfortable around others, prefers to hang out with others rather
than be alone, wip
Last edited by ZC. on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marshall / Zir-Con / Mod Owl / He/Him or They/Them / Trans FtM
I used to be Erbynn!!
ZC.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nymx » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 pm

Username
Makoatl name
Makoatl gender
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missing✖ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:08 pm

//watching for winner//
Last edited by Missing✖ on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxx━━━━━┓

MissingX /She-her/
Asexual/Unknown/

Dragon cave

┗━━━━━xxxxxx
ImageImage
Missing✖

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxy The Pirate » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Username Foxy The Pirate
Makoatl name Shi - lynn
Makoatl gender Male
Favorite Holiday Activity Shi adores to dress up for Halloween, along with seeing all the creativity in other costumes.

Wip
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xx╔══════╗
she/her
i'm always open to talk
i wont bite i promise
just fyi i do art
i am total trash
and i'm a total
anxious wreak over
everything
meme acid