Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Redline by flyteck

Based on Click to view
Artist flyteck [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redline

Postby flyteck » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:13 am

just a quick one because not a whole lot is off. I left the tail alone since it was intentional; it looks fine in that case c:

The top is things I think you should change, and the bottom is things that you could go either way on. As in how I would personally do it.

So first off, if we go from left to right, I noticed your nose looked a little off. They're sort of mushroom shaped, but there shouldn't be a big opening between the sides (you could start with a circle and add nostrils, or just draw a wonky mushroom like I usually do).

Shortening the neck was the biggest thing; when the neck gets too long it just looks giraffish, and it also puts the pose out of balance. I'd suggest a bit more broadening as you go from the neck into the chest too, vs a more consistent width.

And then just lifting up the shoulder makes the pose looks less static and more mobile. The very dropped shoulder looks like it's a bit bent out of place, and holding a lot more weight than the dog is able to put on it. The leg itself is perfect though.

---

On the bottom one, I just redrew the head the way I would do it. I would suggest narrowing your muzzle a bit more and rounding out the head a bit, simply because a slender, pointed snout is a border collie feature, and overemphasizing it will give a better breed recognition than underdoing it will.

And I also redrew the back leg, because even though I can't find anything wrong anatomically, it still looks a little awkward to me. Having it stretched back makes the pose look more balanced to me, but I think that's opinion more than anything, so your call.

If you stick with the longer tail, you could also have it out straighter in a more cat-like manner; it might add some intensity to the pose. Just a thought, not even really a suggestion XD

But yeah, you did a really good job on the legs and body, just some little things about the face and neck.
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redline

Postby King of Crows » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:26 am

Thank you very much!

I'm not super familiar with the breed, so this is extremely helpful! Especially the nose tips, simply because my noses are chronically wonky XD

I do notice in photographs they have very round heads, I will focus on that bit more!

Thank you!
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redline

Postby flyteck » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:17 am

no problem; glad to be of help c:
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me