Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Adopt 52 || Closed || Adopt Art Below

Postby falling city » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:32 am

Notes:

- hair is naturally a rich brown; dyes the front patch a light grey
      - rather short for a doll as they are around 8 inches tall
      - cape has a hood attached, and when it is pulled over, it practically engulfs their head because it is too big
      - boots are heavier than they appear
      - wears charms with balls of amber on the ends around neck and left wrist
      - the dark piece on the back of the cape is made of a thick leather-like material and is relatively sturdy compared to the rest of the fabric
      - shirt bunches up just above the elbow
      - wears a protective sleeve under the glove to avoid scratched their arm
      - the glove is on the right arm and is locked into place at the elbow
      - [shadow] derived from a child's bubble wand
      - [shadow] lodged into the base of the glove for easy movement
      - [shadow] the black 'bubble' in the middle of the wand is and orb and protrudes from the base and is reflective

This was an old entry art idea that I had originally worked on Oekaki with, and since that isn't currently working properly for me, I had to transfer them onto new lines. I'm honestly rather surprised at how much my style has changed in a few months, but hey, at least I'm learning new things.

This contest will end on July 20th

Extras are allowed
    Prettying up is allowed

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Doll Name:[/b]
    [b]Doll Gender:[/b]
    [b]Shadow Name:[/b]
    [b]Why did they decide to use a glove to carry their shadow?[/b]
    [b]Personality(s):[/b] (optional)
    [b]Extras:[/b] (optional)
Last edited by falling city on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
falling city

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt 52 || Open || Adopt Art Below

Postby Byrdee ★ » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:56 am

Username:
Doll Name:
Doll Gender:
Shadow Name:
Why did they decide to use a glove to carry their shadow?
Personality(s): (optional)
Extras: (optional)

Holy mark <3
╔═════════════════════╗

xxshe / herxx

╚═════════════════════╝
Byrdee ★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Valute » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Username: valute
Doll Name:
Doll Gender: male
Shadow Name:

Mark, res and all that jazz
The Other Art Gallery - link - link - link
Valute

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yttd » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:01 am

Username:
"Hey there, the name's enoshima."

Doll Name:
Cynesige, meaning "royal victory "

Doll Gender:
Transgender male to female

Shadow Name:
Shui, meaning 'water' in Chinese

Convenience; she'd rather not carry around a troublesome object and therefore she chose to put her shadow in a glove.
Appearance; she thinks it makes her look more regal.
Like a gauntlet; mentally in the medieval ages, Cynesige loves to look the part. She deliberately made her glove look like a gauntlet.
Power sharing; the two share their power through their contact and a glove made it so they were able to share their power so much more efficiently.

Personality(s):
Cynesige is quite mellow and humble, she's mostly bubbly and cheerful once you get to know her but can originally come off quite quiet and cold. She will bubble on for hours about nothing if you let her, so it's not advised to let her talk for too long. Cynesige is very girly, loving make up and dresses and the such, not really being one for tomboyish stuff.
Shui, however, is the opposite. He comes off as really harsh and is really harsh to anyone but Cynesige.

Relationships:
Itazura & his shadow (doll 44) owned by me: She thinks he's funny and loves to play jokes with him, however the two shadows hate each other. Utsu-san hates Shui and Shui hates Utsu-san, due to a feud they have had since their first meeting.
Last edited by yttd on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
yttd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sperophim » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:19 am

◯ Username
Elaina Loves Notes

◯ Doll Name
Elizabeth
Prefers to go by "Lizzie"

◯ Doll Gender
Female.

◯ Why did she decide to use a glove to carry her shadow?
Lizzie and Glanz use the glove to shoot bubbles in a certain direction. Glanz is like a bubble gun. Lizzie often pretends he is a weapon, and uses him to entertain. She and her friends put together shows about super heroes to entertain everyone whether they are humans, dolls, adults, or children.

◯ Elizabeth's Personality
Elizabeth is a kind and funny person. She loves seeing people smile and making them laugh. Lizzie especially loves children. She loves to see them laugh as they pop the bubbles made by Glanz, the suspense in their faces as she battles her arch enemy in one of her super hero shows, and the way they smile and cheer for her and her friends at the end of every show.

◯ Elizabeth's Super Hero Name
Super Bubble!!

◯ Super Power
Super Bubble shoots poisonous or explosive bubbles out of her glove!

◯ Arch Enemy
PM me
Arch enemies on stage, best buddies off stage.

◯ Sidekick
Clara the "Polka-Girl!"
On stage, Polka-Girl and Super Bubble are an inseparable, unstoppable, crime fighting team! They've always got each-others' backs.

Off stage, they are close friends, even if you can't tell with Clara's teasing and Lizzie's angry retorts. Occasionally they resemble siblings with their bickering.

◯ Beginnings
Like most dolls, Elizabeth came into the world completely alone. She was created by a young woman for her little sisters, who loved superheroes but was upset that there were very few girl superheroes. The little girl loved her new doll and named her Elizabeth after her older sister. The girl said that Elizabeth had the strength of Superman, could make constructs out of nothing like Green Lantern, and had super senses like Dare Devil, and could fly. Iron Man was Elisabeth's sidekick and they defeated many bad guys together, like the neighbor's scary dog, the girl's large monster stuffed animal, and Dad's shoes.

◯ Losing an arm
The little girl took Lizzie with her everywhere she went. This included 2nd grade show and tell. The little girl was so excited to be able to show Lizzie to all of her friends. She put Lizzie in her back pack that morning and walked to school. Show and tell wasn't until the very end of the day. The girl didn't know if she could wait that long to show Elizabeth to her friends...

When it was time for recess the girl decided that she couldn't take it any longer. She got Elizabeth out of her backpack and ran to show her friends. Her friends were all amazed at her sister's handiwork and one was more than a little bit jealous. The girls friend begged to play with Elizabeth. The girl reluctantly agreed, so long as her friend would be careful. The friend was not careful, however and ended up dropping Elizabeth. Then a passing kid accidentally stepped on the doll, breaking her arm. The girl was devastated. She pushed her friend down, grabbed Elizabeth and ran all the way home. She didn't finish school that day.

The girl cried herself to sleep that night. How could her friend had broken Elizabeth? She was awoken by her sister the next day, saying that Iron Man had made Elizabeth a present. The girl was confused for a moment, wondering what the "present" could be. Her sister showed the girl Elizabeth. Now she had a mechanic arm where her missing arm was!

"Now she can shoot blasts of energy, just like Iron Man can!" Her sister explained. The girl squealed in delight. She loved Elizabeth (both Elizabeths) even more now.

◯ Forgotten, but not Gone
As the girl grew older, she played with Elizabeth less and less. Eventually, the girl didn't love her doll any more and Elizabeth was sold at a yard sale where she was bought by an elderly collector. She was displayed in a case for a few years until the collector died. Then Lizzie was given to a thrift store, where she met Bubbles, and they made a contract.

◯ Rise Again
While none of the powers the girl had given Lizzie transferred when she came to life, Lizzie and Bubbles found that she could still be a super hero after they went to the Dollhouse. By combining Bubbles with Elizabeth's glove, they found that she could make bubbles come out of the palm of her hand! While these bubbles didn't do anything, they still looked cool. Lizzie pulled together a couple of her friends, and they started doing shows about superheroes. Lizzie was a natural at acting. She could play any role, good or bad. She loves entertaining people with her shows, and wouldn't give it up for the world.

Here are a few random facts about Lizzie that didn't really fit anywhere else.

◯ Admittance to her shows costs one bottle cap.
Why a bottle cap? Who knows. Elizabeth collects them. She uses them for everything from picture frames to armour to goofy hats.

◯ She loves the smell of cheetoes.
Even though she can't eat them, Lizzie loves cheetoes. She usually hides one or two in her room as "air freshener"

◯ She has a huge crush on Tony Stark/Iron Man
Iron Man is Lizzie's favourite Super Hero. She has at least 15 posters of him.

◯ Shadow Name
Glanz
Meaning "shine" in German.

◯ Gender
Male

◯ Personality
Glanz is a big nerdy dork. He is a huge comic book nerd. It annoys Lizzie when he tries to read them, seeing as she has to hold the books up and turn the pages for him because Glanz has no hands. His favourite super hero team is the Fantastic Four. He "fangirls" over anything related to them and watches their movies at least once a week.

Glanz doesn't really understand Elizabeth's obsession with Iron Man. The movies are just okay... and he was cool in the Avengers but not as cool as Black Widow or Captain America. He can be a bit arrogant sometimes about how much cooler his favourite super heroes are than other people's, or how he can do things that other shadows can't, but Lizzie is always able to bring him off his high horse by reminding him that he doesn't have any arms or legs and therefore can't move without her help.

◯ Lizzie and Glanz's Relationship
Lizzie and Glanz are best friends. After they made their contract they immediately bonded over their mutual love of super heroes. While they do disagree strongly on which super heroes are the best, that doesn't tarnish their respect for each other.

██ 2E0707 ██ 714C4C ██ C6A56F ██ E5E5DE ██ 4F6466
██ 587888 ██ 272727 ██ D2DBDF ██ 3E555F ██ 87A0AB
██ C2C1B1 ██ 8A8978 ██ 473C30 ██ 2E2821 ██ 6A5D4F

I will be out of town on the 20th with absolutely no intenet access. :( I will be back on the 25th
Last edited by Sperophim on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sperophim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

heroes

Postby darkenedmammal » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:18 am

username:
      hi there! i'm shadow.of.the.wolf, pleasure to meet you.

doll name:
      ennis
    doll gender:
      genderfluid, (she/her)
    doll's personality:
      an optimistic soul, ennis looks on the brighter side of things. she adores playing pranks and joking around, but can be a bit lazy when it comes to getting things done. she'll often put the thing off until the last minute, then get overwhelmed or panic (sometimes both at the same time). ennis follows a knight's code of chivalry, and is surprisingly diligent in doing so. she has rarely swayed from it, and regrets the times when she has. one of the few topics ennis will put her effort in is battle and strategics, although she prefers being in the actual midst of battle. she can hold her ground as a general. she is quite a skilled hand to hand fighter, and has trained in the basics of sword fighting.

why did they decide to use a glove to carry their shadow?
      the idea of having one hand constantly taken up to carry spiel didn't appeal to ennis, the chance of being dropped didn't help spiels view on the option either. to have him sit around in a pocket seemed too impersonal to ennis, as if he was just an object instead of a friend and partner. a solution that satisfied both was to lodge him in ennis' glove. spiel would be securely placed and ennis would have him by her side.

NOW THEY'RE STRONGER THAN YOU KNOW,
          A HEART OF STEEL STARTS TO GROW
    ― The Script; "Superheroes"
    shadow name:
    spiel
    shadow gender:
    demiboy, (he/him, they/them)
    shadow's personality:
    spiel can appear to be the polar opposite of ennis. he is typically serious, calculating and judging the outcomes of a situation. he is a pessimist, and often assumes the worst. he can also be quite sarcastic, and knows how to take a joke (and make one!). intelligent, he can sometimes act like a bit of a know-it-all, although he has good intentions. spiel is eager to learn things, but dislikes to encounter those better than him at things he takes pride in. to ennis, spiel is both a friend and an informant, telling her facts about the world around them. in battle, he helps her decide the best courses of action against a vulnerability.

art:
    by me // by quietude // by amellia
Last edited by darkenedmammal on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:13 am, edited 22 times in total.
darkenedmammal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:48 am

Username: tsuya
    Doll Name: Jodie-Mae
    Doll Gender: Female
    Shadow Name: Effervescence
    -Basically just a fancy name for bubble
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GressgrinAST » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Username: adventureswordtora

Doll Name: Henry

Doll Gender: Male

Shadow Name: Nylon

Personality(s): Loud and headstrong, Henry is most definitely not the sort of person to be able to sympathise with or pity others, not even being able to notice if somebody is acting strangely. Instead, he would act as if they were just like normal and needed no special attention or help or anything of that ilk. His obnoxious personality puts many people off him before they even get to know him.

When he's not being annoyingly thick, Henry is effervescent and full of over-the-top amounts of joy and happiness, so much even that he sometimes breaks out in peals of laughter without notice.

████████████ █ ★ █ ████████████

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
GressgrinAST

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby falling city » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:36 am

I'll be choosing a winner in an hour, so now is your chance to finish up your forms if need be!
xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr dollhouse words
words gr8 person

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am currently dealing with school at the moment, so all commissions are on hold! As soon as I find free time, I'll get to finishing them up.
falling city

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt 52 || Closed || Adopt Art Below

Postby falling city » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:28 am

Congratulations to Elaina Loves Notes with Lizzie and Glanz! I absolutely loved the story, and your concept for her character was wonderful!

Thank you to everyone else who tried out as well!
xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr dollhouse words
words gr8 person

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am currently dealing with school at the moment, so all commissions are on hold! As soon as I find free time, I'll get to finishing them up.
falling city

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me