Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Origamini Adoption Center ♥ Looking for Artists by Caela

Artist Caela [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Origamini Adoption Center ♥ Looking for Artists

Postby Caela » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:22 am

welcome to the origamini adoption center!

Hey there! Welcome to the Origamini Adoption Center!
If you're looking for an Origamini of your very own, this is the place to be!
I'm sure the right Origamini for you will pop up sooner or later. c:
While you wait, why not look over the rules and care information?

{please note me if there are typos; I haven't had time to proofread yet and often make mistakes}

rules

▸This is a closed species! You may not make your own unless you have received my permission.
▸As cliché as this is, please try to be kind and polite to everyone! <3
▸No mini-modding! The co-owner, Snow!, is welcome to mod. Please treat her with respect.
▸It's unfortunate, I know, but not everyone can get the Origamini they want.
If you don't win a contest, please try to be gracious!
▸Please don't ask to be on the staff. You must apply and be accepted.
▸Banned users may have their Minis taken away and rehomed.
▸Trading, gifting, and reselling must be okay'd by me!
▸You may own 5 as of now. Staff are permitted 6 plus their custom (7 total).
▸This should be obvious, but please obey the rules! Violations will earn you a strike, and three strikes mean you're out!

history

Origaminis are a relatively new discovery. They have been rumored of for hundreds of years but no
evidence of their existence was found for a very long time. However, backpackers recently stumbled
upon and captured a few living in the Alps, and since then many more have been sighted all over the
world. The species is considered endangered and, due to their inability to reproduce, likely will be for
some time yet. Scientists are working diligently to find a way to create more of these little foxes but
currently have made no progress. However, with time and some hard work, they might just succeed.

about the species

Origaminis are small foxes — about 4-6 inches at the shoulder — with origami balloon tails. They can
be found all over the world, though normally in dry places. They are friendly species and each has a
little origami friend that follows him/her around; this companion is the Origamini's companion. They
are almost always together and seem to be able to communicate telepathically. Companions are unable
to make noises and they can telepathically speak with their own Origamini only. The Origamini, on the
other hand, can make a wide range of vocal noises, which are not limited to fox sounds. Companions
have a limited range of movement and are often helped by their Origamini.

Every Mini has a box. These boxes are made of a special paper that no one can seem to identify or
replicate. This paper is also what their tails and companions are made of. It may not seem very likely
that a creature the size of a Mini could fit into the box, but they can. The box is "magical", for lack of
a better word, and when an Origamini steps into it, they shrink down into a small orange-and-white
origami fox. They return to the flesh-and-blood form when removed from the box and seem unable to
remain in origami form for more than a few seconds outside of their container. However, the magic only
works on the Origamini to which the box belongs. The Origamini heals very slowly outside of the box but,
when put into the container, it is immediately healed and revitalized — they don't need to sleep because
of the boxes' magic, but they are capable of sleeping. However, a damaged box cannot fully heal its Mini
and the animal will need to heal on its own. As for eating and drinking, they don't need to do that but,
as with sleeping, are capable of it.

An Origamini has only to step into its box and it will be healed, no matter how severe the injury or illness.
Because of this, they can live indefinitely However, if they are mortally wounded and don't make it to
the box before dieing, nothing can be done. A dead Origamini reverts to origami form but with one difference:
it has a crimson 狐 on its forehead. The ink that the kanji symbol is made from cannot be identified and,
like the paper, has so far not been successfully replicated. The companion also shrinks and becomes
inanimate when its Mini dies, although it does not have the kanji for kitsune on it.

rarities

ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ
small accessories, no line edits
boxes: regular box, folded corner box,
companions: rabbit, butterfly, turtle
tails: box tail

ᴜɴᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ
minor line edits (ruff of fur, flopped ears, ect), large accessories, small amounts of hair
boxes: interlocking lid box
companions: deer, swan
tails: angular balloon tail

ʀᴀʀᴇ
Only full-time artists may make these; try not to make too many. PM me if you're not sure if it's okay to make one.
major line edits (different fur length, changed proportions, ect — NO wings), hair
boxes: flap-lidded box
companions: fox
tails: rounded balloon tail

ᴠᴇʀʏ ʀᴀʀᴇ
Artists may not make very rares. These are reserved for special numbers and the like. ^^
wings, extra companions or boxes, any boxes/companions/tails not already listed, ???

staff

ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ﹢ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴏʀ
Caela

ᴄᴏ-ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ
Snow!
Snow! may make two customs of any rarity except very rare but still has the 7 Origamini limit.
She is a close friend so I extended a special request to her to join at the same level I'm at.

ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛs
Tearose (trial ends August 8th)

Want to join the team? Fill out this form and PM it to me!
Please title the PM "Artist Application" so that I can easy find it in my inbox. c:
Code: Select all
[b]I want to be an artist![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Design Examples:[/b]
[b]What kind of access do you have to CS? Can you design often?[/b]
[b]Is there anything you don't think you'll be able to do in a design?[/b]
[b]Have you ever been/are you currently an artist/GA for a species?[/b]

Artists may make 1 custom of any rarity except very rare.
Artists undergo a one month trial period to determine whether they are what I'm looking for or not.
Customs may not be created until the end of the trial, and if an artist is rejected after this time
(I sincerely hope this never happens!), they may make one common or uncommon custom.
Artists will receive some minor instructions when accepted for their trial.

ɢᴜᴇsᴛ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛs
--
Want to join the team? Fill our this form and post it on the thread!
Code: Select all
[b]I want to be a guest artist![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Design Examples:[/b]
[b]Is there anything you don't think you'll be able to do in a design?[/b]
[b]Have you ever been/are you currently an artist/GA for a species?[/b]
[b]Are you interested in assuming a full-time artist position?[/b]

Guest artists may make one common or uncommon custom.
GAs will receive some minor instructions when accepted.
GAs may make up to 5 designs during a one month term.
Customs must be made during this time.

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀs
--
I don't want too many mods, so I'll only take a few. Just send me a PM. ^^ I would appreciate it if you could provide me with a link to something you have modded for in the past. It might be a week or so before I reply to your PM because I want to make sure I have a number of people to select from.
Mods may make or request an artist to make a common or uncommon custom.

ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠɪsᴛ
--
If you are interested in becoming the archivist, please PM me with some coding examples and tell me how often you will be able to update the archives. Please do not expect me to reply to your PM; I shall post the results on the thread.
The archivist may not make a custom but may adopt 7 Minis.

One more note, though: except for Snow!, staff may not exceed their 1 custom limit. So if, for example, you are a mod and an artist, you only get one custom. However, if you started in a position that only allows common and uncommon customs but are promoted to artist, you may edit your custom so that it is rare. This does NOT mean you may design an entirely new Mini, but you may change the design in small ways.

bans & strikes

ʙᴀɴs
none, thankfully

sᴛʀɪᴋᴇs
fortunately none

advertise

Origaminis currently have no stamps, but I'm working on it. Please do not make any unless asked.
Last edited by Caela on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Origamini Adoption Center ♥ Looking for Artists

Postby Snowseph » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:51 am

Marking. :D <3 I will try and get an adopt or two up tonight. <3
    i'm not that active... i pop in every now and then out of boredom or nostalgia.
    i'm keeping my stuff unless otherwise stated.

he/they. queer. adult. multi&mixed media artist.
    discord: eat_plant
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TigerTheKat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Marking! This specie is so unique and I don't want it to die out
Please click my babies!>
Image Image Image Image
TigerTheKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tearose » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Commissions ➳ Closed | Art Trades ➳ Open | Art Suggestions ➳ Open

I will not be online or submitting drawings nearly as much anymore due to school starting and my life becoming very busy. Commissions will likely be closed for a while too. Sorry!
Tearose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me