duinne #13 ✿ Mayamiko by faraday

Based on Click to view
Artist faraday [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

duinne #13 ✿ Mayamiko

Postby faraday » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:49 am

Duinnes are an ancient race of tiny androgynous forest spirits. They are very social creatures and spend most of their time with and around other duinnes, however they usually are not very fond of humans. They are very small, and range in size from 4 to 8 inches tall when fully grown. They are all very unique, and will decorate themselves with flowers, jewelry, and even tattoos, much like humans do. They are often mistaken for fairies, however they do not have wings and they cannot fly. They spend most of the day sleeping, and their favorite beds are flowers. Duinnes eat primarily small berries, flowers, seeds, and root vegetables. Duinnes are excellent climbers, and have strong, stout fingers equipped with short claws that help with grip. They are very good at camouflaging themselves with their environment, and can be found hiding under rocks, leaves, and even pieces of loose bark. They are very crafty, and love to cause mischief.

This duinne lives in the Western Congolian forest-savanna mosaic, which is the transition area between thick, lush forests and the African savanna. It is decorated in designs that mimic the designs of Congo tribes within the region. To win this duinne, tell me what its favorite savanna animal is and why. This contest will end on July 10th.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Favorite Animal:
Explanation(optional):

Good luck!
Last edited by faraday on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: duinne #13 ✿ up for adoption

Postby parvroon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:20 am

Username: thebestizwiz
Name: Pajak
Favorite Animal: Emu
Explanation(optional): He loves emus,because he thinks its fun to watch and ride them. Near his home, there is a spot were a small emu will come to feed, which is when he will jump on his back and ride across the savanna. He is gone for many days, so his friends tend to worry about him. They don't seem to get why he likes emus so much (and frankly neither do I)
My best friend in rl is purpledaeyes, do not block us please.
I'm gone on vacation, please pm me about adopts.
Check out my new species, Sarkars!
parvroon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neiroh » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:47 am

Username: Austria*~
Name: Eolene
Favorite Animal: Giraffes
Explanation(optional): They adore giraffes, especially the young ones, because they think they're beautiful creatures. A giant, amazing animal that they see so often and love the sight of them

K o t o r i M i n a m i

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Image ImageImageImagex
she/they | previously Austria*~ !!
i love art, anime, and video games
art shop | my kalons

Image Image Image
neiroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby videlicet » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:31 am

username: vizàviz
    name: mayamiko
    favorite animal: kudu (x x)
    explanation (optional): the west congo is a large place for someone so small, and, filled as they are with a burning wanderlust, mayamiko was rapidly forced to come up with a strategy to effectively explore the world around them. the obvious answer: hitchhiking (on the backs of various animals, that is). mayamiko has travelled far, over the course of their life, and they have decided, after much deliberation, that the back of the kudu is the best vantage point from which to view the congo's many wonders.
    they are especially partial to the view of the night sky from a kudu's back, as they make their rollicking way across the earth during their early spring migration; the stars above, fixed yet spinning, a constancy in direct contrast to mayamiko's own transitory nature (they appreciate opposition). the motion, as well, is comforting -if mayamiko had ever boarded a ship, or had knowledge of such vessels, they would compare a kudu's-back voyage to the slow lull and sway of a boat on calm seas. mayakimo is not calm, often, but in these moments they find themselves on the edge of the feeling.
Last edited by videlicet on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
videlicet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:31 am

bump!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:17 pm

I'm so sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation and wifi there was spotty if not nonexistent. Anyways, congrats to vizàviz! Enjoy Mayamiko :^)
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: duinne #13 ✿ Mayamiko

Postby videlicet » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:40 am

ahh, thank you so very much! i'm honoured, and tots head over heels w this character design, aha ♥
    (also, sharks, so sorry i haven't put a design up yet, i have a number of
    unfinished ones in my saved drawings, but i've been crazy busy with school and life,
    i'm hoping to get something up by this weekend, augh my sincere apologies)
videlicet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me