Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

• Bedouin Karkadann - Open! Searching for mods. by rotter

Artist rotter [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

• Bedouin Karkadann - Open! Searching for mods.

Postby rotter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:16 am

ORIGIN

Bedouin Karkadann are an ancient, rare, and heavily revered breed.

Their name comes from the Bedouin people from the Arabian and Syrian deserts - these people have been the caretakers and discoverers of these astounding creatures since the breed was created thousands of years earlier. The other half, Karkadann, was added when immigrants from Persia and India witnessed them, declaring likeness to their mythical unicorn-like legends back home.

Our tale begins with the two horses who started it all.

Aaliyah ["exalted, sublime"] , the Arabian mare who would become the founding dam for the species was the most exquisite animal anyone had ever laid eyes on. Her face pretty, eyes intelligent and fiery with wit that made her impossible to tame. Heydar ["like a lion"] was an imported Akhal Teke stallion whose hooves rang like thunder and strong muscles that moved with grace beneath shining skin. Neither would have met were it not for an impressive thunder storm that frightened both horses - Heydar kicking at his stall door until it splintered, and Aaliyah tearing the rope from the post in her personal garden. As soon as they were free, the two ran and were guided together by a mysterious force.

Whatever brought them together blessed the two for their beauty, giving them powers that no other before them had possessed. In a flashing of orange-gold light, elegantly curved horns grew from their foreheads - white spots at the base of each - and their tails grew longer, tipped only at the end with long, shining hairs. The first Bedouin Karkadanns were born, and they spent the rest of their lives roaming the deserts and thought to be a mirage of weary travelers.

LORE

Aaliyah and Heydar had their own foals - 8 Holy Descendants. Four to represent the elements, and four to represent the cardinal directions of north, south, east, and west. In their travels, however, the two possessed the ability to convert any perfect specimen of Arabian or Akhal Teke into a Bedouin Karkadann so as to keep variety within their ranks, but never dilute the purity of the species.

This is why all Bedouin Karkadanns are able to come in any imaginable coloring or pattern as long as it is natural.

• If one were to mate a Karkadann with a regular horse, the offspring would be a horse that looked exactly like the mother or father horse. Since magic is involved, only those who possess it to begin with can create another magical individual. Only purebreds are allowed.

• Both sexes of Karkadann possess specific powers. Mares are blessed with fertility and can bring good fortune, rains, crops, healing, and creation with them. Females can manipulate plants, growth, and only the higher ranked can cast spells of enchantment. Stallions posses the ability of a curse - they can bring natural disasters such as raging monsoons, sand storms, avalanches, and heat waves. Drought and destruction are just as easily brought. However, the stallions also have the ability to bestow the gift of bravery, courage, and good fortune in battle on human individuals. Males can also manipulate the ocean (cause waves and tsunamis) and fire.

Every Karkadann's horn is made of a precious metal or gem. Opal is reserved for Aaliyah, Heydar, and their foals and cannot be used in any regular Karkadann.

- Every Karkadann has an expensive ribbon or wool woven collar around their necks that can have any pattern or color. Some are decorated with bangles, jewels, or golden bangles.

- Due to the desert heat, a great percentage of Karkadanns have no mane - only a dorsal stripe - although some can grow very short upright manes or one in resemblance to a zebra. Only Aaliyah, Heydar, and their descendants have long, flowing manes.

COMMON Karkadann Traits

- No mane or forelock.
- Horn made of a precious metal or stone.
- Single color eyes.
- Dorsal stripe

UNCOMMON KARKADANN Traits:

- "roached" or zebra-style manes
- Longer tail hair
- Golden earring or decorations on collars.

RARE Karkadann Traits

- Medium-Length manes and longer tails
- Horn jewelry.
- "Twisted" style horn

MYTHICAL Karkadann Traits

reserved for Aaliyah, Heydar, and their 8 children.

- Long, flowing manes and tails.
- Magic light trail from horns.
- Powers of enchantment and spell casting.
- Opal horns and hooves made of the same.
- Unnatural markings.
- Wings.

- Will you have the good fortune of adopting one today? -
Last edited by rotter on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
i'll bite the hand that feeds me!
rotter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• Bedouin Karkadann - RULES

Postby rotter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 am

OWNER / CREATOR

RIGHT HAND

can design, moderate, and answer questions.

MODERATORS

- HIRING -

ARTISTS

- HIRING -

ARCHIVIST

- HIRING -

GUEST ARTISTS

- OPEN SOON -
• If any of the following rules are violated or broken, the user accountable will be banned
[ although I will be willing to give a 1-strike policy depending on which rule was broken ] from owning, breeding, or adopting a Karkadann in the future. Any pre-existing Karkadanns will be rehomed.

• All the website's rules apply.

• Please do not whine/guilt trip/slander someone if they win over you. Be a good sport and try again!

• You may NOT sell your Karkadann for any form of currency [ real or virtual ].

• All trading or gifting of Karkadanns must go through me so it can be properly archived.

• For now you may only own 4 Karkadanns at any given time.

• Stallions can breed 4 times and mares can breed 3 times. Special or rare Karkadanns can only breed once or never at all depending on the rarity.

● No interspecies breeding or mates! You may breed or mate your Karkadann with another Karkadann (regardless of sex - they're magic, after all) after applying for a breeding ticket.

● You may NOT add any lineart edits. I might consider changing the color of your Karkadann's ribbon.

NO
      | design changes - unapproved items - enchantment magic/spells - wings - revamping a design - "zombie" designs [unless for a special event] - clothes (unless approved explicitly).

● Do not steal or heavily reference any designs or ideas / concepts. This will result in an instant ban.

● Karkadanns cannot be fursonas.

● You may not co-own a Karkadann under any circumstances

STAFF

- All staff are allowed to have one rare Karkadann and one custom, as well as one extra above the limit. Akop and anyone else she chooses can have more above this limit and/or rarer Karkadanns. Please do not whine about this, since we all work hard and deserve a little treat in return.

Moderators

- Moderator applications are now OPEN. Please fill out the following form if interested in being a moderator!

Code: Select all
        [b]username:[/b]
        [b]How much time do you think you can devote to helping?:[/b]
        [b]Why do you want to be a Karkadann moderator?[/b]
    [b]Are you willing/able to join in a Skype chat for all the moderators/staff?[/b]
        [b]Have you ever had any past experience with moderating?:[/b]
rotter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• Bedouin Karkadann

Postby rotter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:44 am

- reserved -
rotter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Scene's Space

Postby Make_a__Scene » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:05 am

reserved for my use
    I do not have writer's block
    My writer just hates the clock
Make_a__Scene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: • Bedouin Karkadann - Open! Searching for mods.

Postby rotter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:06 am

We are now open and looking for moderators! Applications can be posted here and I will look through them.
rotter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grinsome » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:44 am

I'd like to help ^^ this species looks beautiful

username: ||Madness||
How much time do you think you can devote to helping?: I am on here at least once every day. I can devote any time I am on here to helping in any way I can
Why do you want to be a Karkadann moderator? I would like to help since this is a beautiful species and I want to help it grow
Are you willing/able to join in a Skype chat for all the moderators/staff? Yes I can
Have you ever had any past experience with moderating?: I am currently a moderator for another new species called the Volks but I am still a little new to being a moderator.
Grinsome wrote:
Sup, I'm Grinsome
I use to be ||Madness||
I am INACTIVE
View characters in link!
HERE
Grinsome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby landofmakebelieve » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:54 am

These are so pretty! Mark c:
hello, bonjour
please call me believe

herro der mes amis, i am believe. proud canadian, ottb loving, colt breaking, nfr dreaming. pictured on the left is my racetrack reject, landofmakebelieve, aka molly, moo, shmoo, whatever name comes to mind x] molly is a 10 year old canadian bred thoroughbred mare, and standing at about 16.2hh, we look a little wonky when we chase cans, but la dee da that's alright. molly and i tried several disciplines. i tried desperately to get her to catch on to dressage, but unfortunately, she still has the race bred mind and is all go. however, together we found a discipline which we could both enjoy; western gaming. this summer we started travelling to barrel races locally. our current record on a standard size pattern is 17.314 and we are improving with every run. and to all the low budget barrel racers out there such as myself, a word of advise; chin up darling. you may not have a million dollar mount under your butt, but you and your crossbred, rejected, hard headed, rescue baby can do it. you know why? cause those girls sitting in their custom circle y's, upon shiny, top of the line mounts are full of themselves. they think there's no way they can lose. they get cocky. stay humble, believe in yourself, in your horse, and most importantly ride your little heart out.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:31 pm

mark
I will read up on things later, but I'll be looking into artist. Not read rules yet. :/
or about the species but it's lovely. Keep me posted :)
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vayentha » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:50 pm

HOTTTT, OH MAN.
mostly inactive, 2010 player
Vayentha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lrrstudios » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:17 am

Mark! If you need an artist, I'd love to be one :)
lrrstudios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me