Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

species 3 by Bean_Cake

Based on Click to view
Artist Bean_Cake [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

species 3

Postby Bean_Cake » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:57 am

These little guys, i call Scruffs, but anyone is welcome to change the name, they are up for free adoption, just fully fill out the form below :D
End Date: June 28th

Code: Select all
username:
name of species:
why you want them:
what are they?:

this species is now owned by Vantas.
link to post:
viewtopic.php?t=2723787
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: species 3

Postby Miavinn » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:05 am

Username: filly
    Name of Species: Pyrocanis
    Why you want Them: They are super adorable and I'm in need of a new project.
    What are They?: Pyrocanis are a species mixed between a miniature eastern dragon and a fox hybrid. They can breathe fire and have some plate like scales on their leg fronts, tail tops, and faces. Pyrocanises are immortal in age, having no limit to how old they can live. The only way they can be killed is stabbed with a knife made of apple wood. Pyroncanises are about the size of a buffalo.
Last edited by Miavinn on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

tolter barns | groveclan | buttermilks

updates ;;
life is busy
contact me on discord
miavinn#3230

Miavinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#V

Postby Metanoia- » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:41 am

username: Vantas.
name of species: Scruff Dragons
why you want them: I have been trying to create a species of my own but I am still perfecting my lineart (I've been doing traditional drawings for so long that that's all I'm good at now, aside from designs and accessories.), and I was going to give up on entertaining the thought when I saw this. They are incredibly cute! The little flame makes me happy for some reason, and I just love how the face looks (especially the eye shown).
what are they?: They are a new breed of dragon with feline-like qualities with scales that protect them from predators and the elements. They are roughly the size of a new born calf at birth and grow to be the length and size of a full grown dairy cow. they release a fire from their mouth that isn't hot but is surprisingly cold and can cause frost-bite and smells of sweet mint. They can come in a variety of colors, but their fire is usually orange, green, or blue. They are vegetarian and are valued by humans as a mode of transportation, companionship, scales that they shed, and their unusually soft chest fur. Their chest fur can be cut and sheared without harm to the creatures and used for fabrics and such. The Scruffs don't mind, and they relax whenever they are getting their fresh haircut, knowing that it will grow back within 2-4 weeks.
Scruff Dragons don't have wings, but they can run up to 80 mph, 5 mph faster than a cheetah. Humans can put on saddles and ride on their backs (it isn't too hard to train a Scruff), but only if the taming process has been a success and the Scruff has gained their trust.
To tame a Scruff, you must rope them in and put them in a coral much like a wild horse. Feed them, brush them, spend time with them. They may be angry at you for a while for pulling them out from the wild, but after spending time in captivity they will look to you for guidance and love. Finding one isn't easy, they live near icy mountains and cold underwater caves. They come towards civilization more towards the winter.
Other ways to tame Scruffs include: breeding (the newborns will automatically be domesticated), rescue (orphaned domestic Scruffs, Scruffs in danger/injured/ill), or automatic trust (when the Scruff comes to YOU!).
Their diet includes: Any fruits or veggies, herbs (especially mint, it's what gives their fiery breath that sweet smell and keeps their teeth clean), and gemstones (much like any cliché dragon).
They can have up to 2 kits a litter and can hatch from very large dragon eggs! Scruffs are very cuddly and docile and prefer to stay with the same mate forever.

I'm not sure what else to put down for their information, there's so many things I want to form around them and give them life! ovo
Thank you for considering!

I ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ, I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴ' G L A D
have any specific pronouns.
Feel free to call me anything.
PM me about RPs whenever.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

free species

Postby Bean_Cake » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:12 am

an end date has been added, please finish up forms or apply now if you want this little species, the end date is near and soon someone will be owning it :D
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #V

Postby Bean_Cake » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:16 am

Vantas. wrote:
username: Vantas.
name of species: Scruff Dragons
why you want them: I have been trying to create a species of my own but I am still perfecting my lineart (I've been doing traditional drawings for so long that that's all I'm good at now, aside from designs and accessories.), and I was going to give up on entertaining the thought when I saw this. They are incredibly cute! The little flame makes me happy for some reason, and I just love how the face looks (especially the eye shown).
what are they?: They are a new breed of dragon with feline-like qualities with scales that protect them from predators and the elements. They are roughly the size of a new born calf at birth and grow to be the length and size of a full grown dairy cow. they release a fire from their mouth that isn't hot but is surprisingly cold and can cause frost-bite and smells of sweet mint. They can come in a variety of colors, but their fire is usually orange, green, or blue. They are vegetarian and are valued by humans as a mode of transportation, companionship, scales that they shed, and their unusually soft chest fur. Their chest fur can be cut and sheared without harm to the creatures and used for fabrics and such. The Scruffs don't mind, and they relax whenever they are getting their fresh haircut, knowing that it will grow back within 2-4 weeks.
Scruff Dragons don't have wings, but they can run up to 80 mph, 5 mph faster than a cheetah. Humans can put on saddles and ride on their backs (it isn't too hard to train a Scruff), but only if the taming process has been a success and the Scruff has gained their trust.
To tame a Scruff, you must rope them in and put them in a coral much like a wild horse. Feed them, brush them, spend time with them. They may be angry at you for a while for pulling them out from the wild, but after spending time in captivity they will look to you for guidance and love. Finding one isn't easy, they live near icy mountains and cold underwater caves. They come towards civilization more towards the winter.
Other ways to tame Scruffs include: breeding (the newborns will automatically be domesticated), rescue (orphaned domestic Scruffs, Scruffs in danger/injured/ill), or automatic trust (when the Scruff comes to YOU!).
Their diet includes: Any fruits or veggies, herbs (especially mint, it's what gives their fiery breath that sweet smell and keeps their teeth clean), and gemstones (much like any cliché dragon).
They can have up to 2 kits a litter and can hatch from very large dragon eggs! Scruffs are very cuddly and docile and prefer to stay with the same mate forever.

I'm not sure what else to put down for their information, there's so many things I want to form around them and give them life! ovo
Thank you for considering!

Congrats! i loved the name you gave them, it makes them sound so loveable. i also liked all the facts you gave about them; my personal favorite was how they always smell mint :3
i thought it was cool that their fire wasn't hot; very creative. and i thought they were cute as little (not so little) plant eaters. take good care of them! i'll post a link to the real thread above and add you on so you can edit them in any way you'd like! :D
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: species 3

Postby Metanoia- » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:22 am

Thank you so much! I'll take great care of them! :D

I ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ, I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴ' G L A D