Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

>> Kill of the Night by >> Leafstorm515

Artist >> Leafstorm515 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

>> Kill of the Night

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:02 am

" I was walking home from work, and I shouldered my jacket closer to me as I walked. I was still unfamiliar with the area, I'd only arrived two weeks prior. The perks of hunting was that you never stayed in one place for too long. Which, I mused to myself as I glanced at the sky, was probably for the best. People could always feel that I was different, that something about me was so inhuman that it made them shiver. I'd grown used to the stares and glares over the years, maybe not used to, but I honestly couldn't do anything to change it. I was born that way and not even my father could burn it out of me. The air was warm in that evening night, and I breathed a sigh of weariness as I turned the corner and began to walk down the alley that I used as a shortcut on nights I was especially tired. My footsteps sounded loudly, and I hoped that they would serve to scare off any vermin that would otherwise occupy the area. After about three minutes, I began to slow my pace a little. In a split second the temperature dropped. My lips felt ice cold, and I had to stick my hands into my pocket to avoid them aching.
" Ladies like you shouldn't be out in a place like this..."
The voice was sickeningly sweet and warm, almost drawing me into it. I smirked, my hand slowly curling around the onyx blade that
I always concealed in my jacket.
"Didn't your mother ever teach you about talking to strangers?" I purred turning to face the figure that was behind me. I was slightly unnerved by what I saw, not because I hadn't seen some pretty weird things, but because of the foreignness of what he was. He was so close to me I could feel the cold radiating off his skin, and his breath on my forehead. His eyes were solid black, but his pupil glowed purple. It was frightening and new to me, but I wasn't phased.
"Big words for someone who invaded my space." He said.
My heart rate rose a little, drumming steadily in the back of my mind. I snorted, rolling my eyes then returning my eyes to look up into his gaze. He reminded me of a mobster, dressed in a long trench coat. I couldn't have seen him clearly if it wasn't for the moonlight, or for my eyes being better than everyone else s.
The man snickered, looking down at me as though I were prey to him. When he looked back up at me, I noticed a more aggressive look in his eyes than before.
"As far as I'm concerned, this is public property." I murmured, batting my eyelash as innocently as I could manage with his purple eyes boring holes in me. He laughed darkly, lifting a pale hand to rub his face slowly, as though he were thinking.
"Such sweet words from a man killed... You're so young to have such a big name.."
He lifted a hand slowly, and gingerly touched my chin, tipping it up so he could look directly into my face. I flinched away from his hand, his ice cold hands burning my skin. His words caught me off guard, I hadn't expected him to know me. But he did. The curious side of me wanted to ask him how he knew, but the hunter in me knew that he was better dead than alive. Tightening my grip on the knife, I looked up at him with wide eyes, feigning fear.
"W-what? I haven't d-done anything wrong.. yet."
With the final word, I plunged the knife into his chest, but my hand went through him. I lept back, gasping in surprise. The man chuckled harshly, opening his arms to me.
"Oh Darling, why must you attack me before I even tell you my name? That's isn't very lady like.. nor polite" He wrung in hands out, then arranged his coat. He looked down, then back up at my wide eyes. I'd dealt with many things in my life, but never anything like this. I'd never seen anything like him, but he couldn't be a ghost. He'd touched me, and I'd felt his hands.
"Who are you? What are you?"
I asked breathlessly, holding my knife in a defensive position. The man sighed sadly, moving slowly toward me with definite steps.
"Darling, these are questions you ask before you attack.. I'm sorry you missed that..."
Something about his manor was scaring me. Now, I've seen many things. Snarling werewolves barely gives me a shiver, vampires are like flies, and don't even start me on the annoyances of household ghosts. But this man terrified me. I stepped back as he came closer, forgetting all my knowledge on fighting in that moment. I didn't stop until my my back scarped against the dirty alley wall. I panicked as the man cornered me, pinning me back against the wall. I raised my shaking hand as I tried to stab him, but once against my hand went through him like he was made of air. He grabbed the knife and threw it aside, as though he had all the time in the world. I wouldn't look at him, and I shook slightly.
"Love, don't make this any harder."
His voice was soft and regretful, but I could hear the malice behind it. I put one hand on either side of my head, using one hand to lift my chin up.
"This is a bad town for such a pretty face"

WIP Story exert about my monster hunter and her new enemy/hot savior
Last edited by >> Leafstorm515 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: >> Kill of the Night

Postby Zelda the Wolf » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:09 am

Can you just like write more? Please

Last bumped by >> Leafstorm515 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:09 am.
Zelda the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me