Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Secret~ (no posting) by wolfpuppies

Based on Click to view
Artist wolfpuppies [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 50 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Secret~ (no posting)

Postby wolfpuppies » Wed May 27, 2015 11:13 am

These unique creatures were recently discovered in large area of protected tropical forest and islands. Researchers have determined that this is indeed a new species, as their traits are unique to them only - though some aspects resemble other species loosely. Although the official genus species name for these animals is tropicae vulpesmustella, Tropical foxweasels, the general human populace has begun to call them Tropical Furrdragons, or Furrdragons for short. Below is some documented data regarding what makes a Furrdragon.

* They resemble foxes in the face and general structure of the body. They have long snouts, pointed/erect ears, thick ruff and tail, and four toes per paw.

* They have retractable claws like most felines, as well as the floating collarbone and extra vertebrae of domesticated cats; this gives them more flexibility to maneuver through the thick foliage of their natural environments.

* Their tails are much like a monkey's tail, also known as a prehensile tail - able to wrap around objects for better grip and capable of providing better balance. On average, their tail is as long as their bodies from the base of their skull to their rumps; it has been seen though, that the tail can be longer than this and is very rare that the tail is shorter than this.

* Most of the time, Furrdragons are approximately five feet at the shoulder; this makes them stand nearly six feet tall when their heads and necks are extended while standing. On average, they are between eight to ten feet long.

* Furrdragons' fur is capable of being any color of the color/light spectrum. However, those with natural hued base coats are more common than those that sport 'unnatural' base coats; this doesn't seem to be the case with markings. There have also been a wide range of mutations identified, some of which can be passed on genetically it seems.

................Along those lines, there have been some illegal experiments involving this new, protected species. The Furrdragons rescued from these experiments, generally are genetically modified in some way - some just produce mutations like wings, but others have made it so that they have metal incorporated into their bodies.

* They are fairly social and commonly live in small familial units, called Dracs, of ten individuals on average, though this varies greatly. As is common with many wild species, young Furrdragons leave their birth Drac between their first and second year of life. After this, they are wanderers, solitary or with other single Furrdragons - which forms a bachelor(ette) Drac - until the members find their mate. Sometimes related Furrdragons will remain together because of close bonds. Also, some Furrdragons stay with their mates for life, while others will have several partners, and although it is rare, some will have small harems.

* Furrdragons normally are omnivores, although they mostly eat fruit and roots. They have been seen fishing and, rarely, hunting bats. They are capable of bringing down prey larger than themselves when hunting parties of three or more gather together, utilizing their large size and great stamina to their ability.

* Although it is highly uncommon, when it is cold/cooler in the tropics, Furrdragons have been recorded to curled up in a nest - usually constructed of leaves and sticks, although some manmade objects (especially colorful or shiny objects) have been found - with their long tails wrapped around their bodies.

* Some Furrdragons have taken to humans and become attached to the human world. So some are capable of being owned by humans; however, most are considered feral and won't tolerate much human interaction. However, those that are interested in humans or have been born and/or bred in captivity, enjoy spending time with their humans and often are seen sporting some manmade article (scarves, etc) to show their domesticity; these cannot restrict their movement, though, as this can be harmful to the Furrdragon. Because of their size, though, these more domestic Furrdragons require a lot of space indoors and outdoors alike to accommodate them and allow for them to expend the proper amount of energy; they'll get destructive if not properly taken care of. This includes a regular diet of fruit with adequate, generally at least five pounds of, protein at least once a month - although this will vary based on the individual.

Will you be able to spot a Furrdragon, or perhaps even find your new companion?

1. Introduction to species and information of the species
2. Rules and Staff
3. Available for adoption
4. Affiliates
5. Saved just in case
Last edited by wolfpuppies on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CS pets, c$, and items for trade!
Shima Longtail, Growing White July, and more are all available!!
Am willing to do art for characters as well ^^
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules, Staff

Postby wolfpuppies » Wed May 27, 2015 11:43 am

Rules

1. Follow all CS rules, as well as those posted here.
2. Do not steal any designs, the species, or the concept.
3. Do not claim any of these, or anything relating to Furrdragons as your own.
4. Always be respectful of staff and other users. If you feel there is an issue with another user, please contact me privately.
5. No complaining about losing a competition or a design to another user.
6. Do not try to sell, trade, or give away your design. If you no longer feel any connection to your Furrdragon, contact the artist and myself (wolfpuppies) in order to get it re-adopted.
7. All adopts are property of Furrdragons, and therefore myself. If I feel as though it is being neglected, unused, or anything of the sort, you will be given a warning to increase activity. If this continues on for another four months after the first warning, I have the right to re-claim your adopt and give it to a more active owner and home.
8. Do not try to bribe the artist. No artist can accept bribes either.
9. No changing the design. Accessories may be added with permission from myself and artist.
10. Do not post spam in the thread or in a competition. This includes bumps, good lucks, single word posts, etc.
11. There is no set limit to the number of Furrdragons you can currently own. However, you must wait a minimum of FIVE (5) days in between adoptions. You also may post applications for as many Furrdragons as you'd like, so long as you pull out of all others should you win one of the ones you applied for.
12. Other rules may be added if future issues arise. I will post notifications if these are altered in any manner.

Staff
Owner, Artist, Archivist, Moderator - wolfpuppies
Creator - Peaceful_Chaos, now Soulsplosion
Artist - Soulsplosion

Currently I'm not hiring. When I am, I'll make a post, until then please do not request to be a part of the staff. Thank you.
Last edited by wolfpuppies on Wed May 27, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoptions

Postby wolfpuppies » Wed May 27, 2015 11:47 am

Here is where all the pets currently available for adoption will be posted.
Last edited by wolfpuppies on Wed May 27, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Secret~ (no posting)

Postby wolfpuppies » Wed May 27, 2015 11:47 am

reserve
Last edited by wolfpuppies on Wed May 27, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Secret~ (no posting)

Postby wolfpuppies » Wed May 27, 2015 11:48 am

mark
wolfpuppies