Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Cimarron Treaders - closed by woolly

Artist woolly [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by woolly

by woolly

by woolly

by woolly

by woolly

by woolly

by woolly

by woolly

Cimarron Treaders - closed

Postby woolly » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Positions Available
I'm searching for an active archivist to help me and other users keep track of adopted Treaders. If you're interested, shoot me a pm with any examples, credits, activity on cs, and any other information you'd like me to know. I'll get back to you if I want you to be the archivist(: Thanks!
Archive wise, the very least I want is for it to be neat and if you can, with an almost similar format as this main page. I'd like there to be small, transparent images of each Treader that's linked to their adoption page and how you organize adopts and users is up to you.

I'm also looking for three guest artists this month! You will be able to create two adopts each and a custom for yourself. All you have to do is fill out the form and provide me some examples of your designs. Please post your form here.
Code: Select all
Username:
Would you be able to create three adopts this month?:
Are you knowledge with oekaki?:
Examples of your designs:
Have you read all treader information?:
Are you familiar with the formatting for adopts?:

Up For Adoption
None

↪ Informative Summary ↩ wrote:Cimarron Treaders are a highly intelligent, nocturnal canid with a similar demeanor and social hierarchy of that of the spotted hyena. They typically travel in large, matriarchal, fission-fusion societal clans led by one female and high ranking pack leaders. Different Treader clans have adapted over time to survive in different environments and can be spotted roaming on every continent, though it's encouraged to stay clear from packs because of their aggressive tendencies and inability to be tamed.

Rules
    Follow all site rules and do not harass, guilt-trip, shame, or start arguments -
    or you will be warned or banned which will result in having your Treaders taken and readopted.
    There is a four Treader per month limit for each user, the limit includes gifts and pups.
    You can adopt one FCFS Treader per week and one custom per month
    You may not create your own Cimarron Treader unless you are given express permission
    No mini-modding please
    Keep your Treaders on-site and don't give them away without notifying me

● ⟨ Appearance ⟩
    Cimarron Treaders all share a similar mastiff type build with sloping hindquarters, thick neck, and well muscled legs, but their appearances are actually quite varied, they can even be seen with accessories adorning their bodies. Unfortunately, horned, antlered, and winged Treaders do not exist. Their fur length, color, and texture aren't limited to any one standard and same goes for their ears and tail. Their eyes, however, do not have a gene or gene mutation allowing their eyes to be blue or heterochromatic, and both violet and scarlet are rare. Most common eye colors are shades of amber, hazel, and gray.

Females // 2.2 - 3.5 feet at the shoulder 100-250lbs
    Males // 1.8 - 3.3 feet at the shoulder 120-300lbs

● ⟨ Social Behavior ⟩
    Cimarron Treaders are social canids who often form large, matriarchal clans that can consist of more than fifty individuals. A clan is led by one matriarch, followed by a few male or female pack leaders who earn their social ranking upon birth and dominance. Typically females are larger and show more aggression than males, outranking them more often than not, yet it's not impossible to see males of high status especially if his mother is the matriarch or a pack leader. Depending on their mother's social ranking, pups are just under their dam's ranking. Though around 2-6 years most males and sometimes females too will disperse from their clans and join others to avoid inbreeding, familial conflict and also out of a yearning to explore other lands. Treader sexuality is fluid, pairs of opposite, same gender or poly-amorous groups may form and have or take in pups to rear together.

● ⟨ Hunting Behavior ⟩
    Though typically traveling in large clans, Treaders will usually split into smaller packs or even pairs to bring down game. They can adapt quickly and are nearly as intelligent as spotted hyenas so it's not uncommon to see Treaders in different environments preying on anything they can catch from fish to birds or other carnivores to antelope and even domesticated animals if their territory crosses into human civilization. In more open spaces, a clan or even multiple clans can be seen bringing down large herds of grazers, primarily using sight, touch, sound, and also specific footfalls and stomps to confuse game and alert other Treaders. In forests or homelands without large open areas, packs behave typically like wolves, using their sense of smell and tracking to locate prey then working together, and fanning out to bring down animals such as deer and rabbits. A unique adaption Treaders share is their ability to use mimicry, but they can only replicate sounds they hear as pups. This proves ideal for confusing game and also for them to use a tactic that involves drawing in animals with mimicry and ambushing them.

● ⟨ Relationship With Humans ⟩
    Cimarron Treaders are not pets and are unable to be tamed or domesticated or otherwise veered away from their natural aggressive tendencies. They're very unpredictable as well and pose an immediate threat whenever they venture into civilizations. Yet it was for this exact reason that a few villages, towns, and anyone of vulnerable status let or enticed Treader packs to stay within their borders in an effort to use them against army invaders and other enemies. In modern time Cimarron Treader pups have been raised by humans, animal sanctuaries, and research centers, but each time it proved unsuccessful because of how complex and widely unstudied Treaders are. Treader packs and clans can be kept on large, open reserves though, as long as human and domesticated animal contact is very limited or entirely isolated.

Adopted Last Month

Adopted This Month
    * Indicates FCFS.
    $ Indicates custom.
    Shepherd - Corov
    ShadyBro - Anogku
    Angelshy - Ross
    Rest in Pieces - Asher
    Dєliяiσus - Hosea

Code: Select all
[center][quote="↪ Informative Summary ↩"][size=85]Cimarron Treaders are a highly intelligent, nocturnal canid with a similar demeanor and social hierarchy of that of the spotted hyena. They typically travel in large, matriarchal, fission-fusion societal clans led by one female and high ranking pack leaders. Different Treader clans have adapted over time to survive in different environments and can be spotted roaming on every continent, though it's encouraged to stay clear from packs because of their aggressive tendencies and inability to be tamed.[/quote][/size][/center]

[list][size=120][b] - [/b][/size][/list]
[list][size=85][b]● Gender[/b] -
[b]● Height[/b] -
[b]● Weight[/b] -
[b]● Clan[/b] - None yet
[b]● Offspring[/b] - None
[b]● Edits[/b] - None
[/size][/list]

[size=85]Treader up for adoption! To enter you must go to the [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2679146]main thread[/url](based on) and mark it.
First come first serve to the first completed form, please check the main page for height/weight standards.

[code]Username:
Name:
Why that name or name meaning:
Weight: (in lbs)[/code]

[/size]
Last edited by woolly on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 44 times in total.
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: mastiff type idea wip

Postby The Lost soul » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:20 pm

hnnnnngggg....
I love them already.
I am not the best at suggestions though shot

I'd love to adopt one though... these are really awesome.
-adult-asocial(likely schizoid)-
DA
No art trades.
Commissions are Closed

sick.
The Lost soul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby agile » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:07 pm

these are so cute hnggg! maybe the husky tail and husky ears?
she/her

たくさんの日本語の勉強していても、まだ上手にならなかった…
しかし、私にメッセージを書かない? ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ
私はもっと学びたいから!ありがとう~!

watching: fruits basket | playing: OW2 | listening: j-rock
agile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nimrod. » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:36 pm

;-; gator I loveee these!! I have a mastiff mix, and Cane Corsos are one of my very favorite dog breeds c: maybe some short ears that look as though they have been cropped?
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woolly » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:51 am

@ The Lost Soul -
Yayy, I'm glad!

@ window pane. -
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll see what I can do

@ rachieboo -
Hehe thank youu. I have a mastiff mix too and she's part cane corso <3

Hmm I think I want to call them Cimarron Treaders, since they're a feral mastiff type animal, highly intelligent and their clans and demeanor are like that of a spotted hyena.
hanging around collecting butterfly wolves
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunsetPatches » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:15 am

gattoooor these are gorgeous as always uwu
maybe for the fluffy tail you could have it long, instead of curled over the back (because imo that's overdone, and makes everything look like a shiba inu lel). Or maybe short and poofy? idk cx
I'm in love with one-up one-down ears personally, so I think that'd be cute, but otherwise I got nuthin cx

account inactive, contact me via DA!
hello everyone! i'm sunny, nice to meet you! :3 she/her
avatar by flyteck, koda pixel by foxbourne on DA! my inbox is always open,
i love to chat + i'm always here if you need someone to listen! ily guys
currently: nope nope nope nope nope nope
tolters」「wmes」 「other creatures」 「DA」 「flight rising」「taming firefly」「seagull's journey」[/size]
SunsetPatches

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woolly » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:23 am

Thank you sunset! Gotcha, thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it.

I'm going to work on their information for a couple or so hours and then form a short summary that can be on the page of each adopt.

Hey do you guys think they should have one noticeable feature that separates them from other animals? I was thinking of having caracal like black ear tips which they could use for signal cues though I'm not sure if I should go through with that.
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cimarron Treaders

Postby woolly » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:17 am

How does it look?
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cimarron Treaders

Postby The Lost soul » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:01 am

It looks awesome!

I have brainstormed a bit and I have some suggestions. Maybe there could be little mutations like extra toes or cleft ears?(ears divided in half partially down the middle, or maybe crooked? or even with notches? on the outer rims?) I just thought that might be a bit different from the usual mutations... more like actual mutations you see in real life.

There's also the idea of having a fat-tail, like a fat-tailed gecko? Maybe like a beaver, but with fur instead... or maybe some could come with a thick, shaggy coat that covers their eyes? or there could be something like on a Rhodesian Ridgeback, where there's a ridge of fur? or maybe an thin lack of fur? like a reversed ridge where the fur is much shorter down the spine? or maybe two ridges! like racing strips down their back!

Also, maybe there's a nose mutation where the nose is flattened and there's no rubbery skin and just recessed fur? like the nose has been removed a bit and there's just holes for nostrils left? or something like that?

I dunno. I just went a bit idea-crazy. I can elaborate on these ideas, but I don't want to take up too much space...
-adult-asocial(likely schizoid)-
DA
No art trades.
Commissions are Closed

sick.
The Lost soul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups