Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Asiatic Chimera by Zitface

Based on Click to view
Artist Zitface [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Asiatic Chimera

Postby Zitface » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:45 pm

SPECIES NAME:
"Asiatic Chimera"

SEX/GENDER:
All Asiatic Chimera are born physically male, but it is not uncommon for trans-female chimera to be found, as well as nonbinary chimera.

SPECIES TRAITS:
Named for their serpentine tail, which features a functioning mouth, esophagus, and digestive tract that travels along the abdominal cavity up to and into the stomach, Asiatic Chimera are a new and relatively unknown creatures that are not yet fully understood as of now.

While having an appearance more suiting towards their genetically closely-related cousin, the Asiatic lion, their size is more comparable to the now-extinct Barbary lion, with the average length being, nose to nose, 7 ft 9 in. The average height, toe to shoulder, 4 ft.

Asiatic Chimera happen to have rudimentary semi-sentience. To a human, their mild sentience is comparable to late-early hominids due to language and cultural barriers, but between Chimera [as well as skilled human interpreters], they are of as relative capability as a slightly-below-average man. They are capable of very rudimentary human communication, but as it comes from a feline throat and mouth, it's very harsh, very guttural, and requires an interpreter to translate. Due to a diminished capability with human languages, they often only communicate in Cat, which requires even more specialized, as well as scarce, interpreters.

Due to the considerable dysphoria between human culture and Asiatic Chimera culture, they don't often interact much differently than people and regular lions, aside from people whose job it is to work with and communicate with these creatures.

DIET:
Eggs and meat are the two large, main staples of an Asiatic Chimera diet.
Primarily carnivorous, but they often eat the eggs of snakes that they find buried in the ground.

While their main fore paws are next to worthless at digging through to the eggs, their smaller, pangolin-like legs are capable of burrowing down to the treats and, if necessary, lift them to the mouth for the chimera to greedily rip into and devour.

In relation to the ovivorous habits, their snake-like tail is often used as a decoy to flying birds that prey on snakes. When the bird swoops down for the kill, the chimera swats it out of the sky.

REPRODUCTION:
As a furthering factor to their status as a sexually male-only species, Asiatic Chimera reproduce primarily asexually. Nobody is quite sure how the genes of the providing partner play a part in the offspring if reproduction is primarily a solo act, but somehow they do.

Asiatic Chimera eggs are produced in a gizzard-like organ that is connected to a strange, third passage in their throat. This passageway leads from the mouth, above the esophagus, and to the gizzard-like organ that is situated above the stomach. In the late staged of gestation, the eggs [anywhere from one to three] stretch this organ and weigh it down to the point where the pressure on the stomach prevents the Chimera from eating, lest it get trapped at the bottom of the esophagus and regurgitated.

The eggs are "laid" by pushing them out, one by one, up through this third passage, where they are rolled carefully off the tongue and into the hands of the scaly arms, or for bonding purposes, into one of the mates' arms, where they are then deposited into a carefully made nest in the den.

INTERSPECIES INTERACTIONS:
Asiatic Chimera are a polyamorous species, with a common relationship form being a triad, though the rare monogamous Asiatic Chimera exist, and while less common than triad, relationship systems larger are not all that uncommon.

The species as a whole tends towards homosexual, considering the whole species has one sex, but biromantic, polyromantic, pretty much any and all romantic attraction applies as well.
A heterosexual Chimera has never been recorded, as it is impossible, and a heteroromantic Chimera has never been recorded.

Poly groups of Chimera tend to be fluid with no real fulcrum of the relationship, all behaving as small prides-within-prides. A good Chimera pride is often supported by it's poly groups, and instead of these small "prides" conflicting, they support each other to keep the group as a whole healthy and strong.

While the actual process of mating is unnecessary, for long bound mates in a poly-plus, triad-poly, or monogomous relationship is used as way to strengthen bonds.
Last edited by Zitface on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby Zitface » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Mods

The Jon

I am looking for two mods.
Code: Select all
Username:
Do you have any previous experience?:

Artists

The Jon - Ghost artist
Artist competition

On customs
Artists get two customs.
Mods as well get two customs.

Customs will be sold on occasion.
Last edited by Zitface on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Asiatic Chimera

Postby Zitface » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:54 pm

We are now open for posting!
I'll be adding a form to apply as a mod in a minute, and I'm about to post the artist competition.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chuvak » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:51 pm

These are very pretty Jon!!

I'll definitely be going for one once they're made!
Chuvak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zitface » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Ahh, thank you! I think it's all on no blue's part, tho, haha
There's one up right now <3