Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Duncan's first ride by Beewings

Artist Beewings [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Duncan's first ride

Postby Beewings » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:58 am

We've worked so hard with training and learning from each other. We've spent countless weeks working with the saddle and other gear. With some patience and fly spray we've gotten past goals and climbed mountains of progress. We went slow and careful, making sure everything was mastered before moving on to something new. Today we decide to push ourselves further, giving Duncan a surprise with actually fully mounting him. We walked around the ring with ease, our movements slowly becoming more fluid. We rode to the gate and opened it. Carefully we walked out, along the grass and down a dirt path. Duncan seemed to barely notice me as he walked easily in the open. Maybe the open spaces reminded him of his time in the wild. Our excitement grew as we moved quicker along the ground, easily transitioning from one gait to another. Each movement was matched and we both seemed as though we had done this a million times before. It was a perfect match, we were meant to be paired together. It never could have been any other way. Through all the troubles of training, we never gave up or backed down from a challenge. We persevered through each rough spot and built a bridge over each crater together. As we crested a hill we stopped to look over the land. It was surprising how far we had come from chasing each other around and trying in vain to understand how each other worked. But now, standing in the fresh air, surrounded by free open space, I'm sure we both feel like we're on top of the world.

Duncan's final stage of training! My how far we came.

Speices(c)MustangKnight
Neravontii featured owned by me.
I'm not very active here anymore, moved to DA ->
I share computer w/Dioscuri.
Beewings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me