Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Duncan's first touch by Beewings

Artist Beewings [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours
Drawing sessions 5
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Duncan's first touch

Postby Beewings » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:35 pm

It was my first time adopting a neravontii, I wasn't sure what to expect with him either. They said that he was there the longest at his time there. He'd watched many other neravontii come and go. I felt myself drawn to him instantly, the way he just seemed to stare at the people walking by the stalls. I felt my heart go out to the poor fellow, it must have been hard to see so many others get freedom while he was stuck here. When I said which one I had chosen they hesitated, saying he was spirited and would be a very hard for a first time owner. But I was set on my decision, and they helped load him into my trailer while I signed the paperwork. The drive home was easy enough, with only a few rattles coming from behind me. Once I backed into the makeshift corral I had set up in preparation to get him to his new stall. I checked everything making sure he wouldn't escape, though after traveling around so much I assumed that he would rather settle down than run. My heart raced, this was it. I would let him out into his new home. I slid open the trailer door and waited for him to walk out. However, even though they described him as a bit spunky he didn't leave the trailer. So, assuming that he was nervous of his new surroundings, I climbed in through the bars of the fence and tried to coax him out. I called his new name, Duncan and found I liked the way it sounded, rather then #46. I could see him, ears up and alert watching my every move from the trailer. Just as I was about to get a treat to coax him he suddenly walked to the edge of the trailer and hesitated. I held out a hand to let him smell me, and almost instantly he reached out and pressed his muzzle into my palm. When I turned to look at him he froze. We both stood there a moment. Then he sprung past me and leaped over the fence. I panicked and rushed out of the corral to look for him. I chased him around the barn and through my backyard before he disappeared. When I found him again he had climbed to the roof of the barn and strutted his way along the metal, ignoring my calls to get down.
It took me nearly two hours to get him down.

What have I gotten myself into?

My first touch for my neravontii Duncan. I'm not happy with the background or the person but I did this a bit too quickly. The next cycle of training will look much better.

Species(c)MustangKnight
Neravontii featured happily owned by me
I'm not very active here anymore, moved to DA ->
I share computer w/Dioscuri.
Beewings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me