Revenant - Chapter 1 (part 2) -WIP- by swampfiend

Artist swampfiend [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Revenant - Chapter 1 (part 2) -WIP-

Postby swampfiend » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Whoa, did you think I forgot about this? I did, but then I wrote a bootyload more. Only about 500 words left, I may just make the entry! I'm gonna write it anyways.
Art improvement much?
-Previous Page - Cover - Next Page-

“But… How?!” Xel demanded feebly, still being suspended a few inches from the ground by this man. “Some people return from the dead, most likely because they have unfinished business. I’m in no way immortal as a ghost, but the afterlife does have its perks.” he said, loosening his grip on Xel’s collar. “Now, if you don’t mind, do you think you could be useful and get me a scarf and a new shirt? I don’t think the ‘gore’ look will fit me too well anymore.” the man said, setting down Xel in a fairly forceful manner. “Allright… Dad.” Xel replied scornfully, and walked away.
After putting on the scarf, the ghost stretched. He was, in fact, Prince Toughclaws. “Well, no point in hanging around. I say we find Harlow, he can prob’ly get us some way to overthrow That Is.” he said, and Xel gaped. “You know about the-the snake..?” he asked, voice teetering between amazement and disbelief. “Of course I do, why else would I come back? Now, back to business with Harlow, I’d have preferred it if I could have contacted another person, but he would be no help to us right now.” he said, trailing off, looking not into Xel’s eyes, but into his past.
After a few moments of rather awkward silence, there was a knock at the door. It went in a pattern- Three knocks, a pause, two knocks, and a last knock, and it repeated twice. “Oh, no. This isn’t good. Xel, get behind me.” hissed Prince from between his teeth, and he seemed to stand up straighter. “Hell-ooo? Anyone ta’home?” said the mocking, pompous voice of a man from just outside the door. It swung open, and footsteps danced through the foyer and into the carpeted living room. “Come out, Prince! I know you’re in here, dead or alive, looking at the bloodstains on the couch.” said the man in a less mocking tone, but still quite rudely.
The footsteps danced yet again, towards the kitchen. “Hiss, hiss! Come out, come out, wherever you are!” said the man in a mocking, singsong voice. “Go away, nobody wants you here!” yelled Prince, obviously annoyed. The man came closer, and nigh into view. He was wearing a tophat and had quite messy hair, but not much else was visible in the dark. “Why don’t you come out, if you’re so keen on finding me? Or is your ugly face so offensive, you’d rather keep it in the dark?” leered Prince as if talking to a sibling, not a madman.
“Oh, now you’ve gone and done it!” yelled the stranger, and took one large step into view. He seemed to be made of many varying shades of gray- Pale skin, gray hair with black streaks, and a slightly darker suit. His hat, Xel noticed, had the same symbol as All That Is- a black infinity symbol, even in the same shape, like it had been copied onto his hat, yet through all that the most interesting thing about him was his eyes. The eye on the right had a round pupil, but without color or darkness, only a black outline to mark his iris. The other eye had no color but instead of a rounded pupil, there was a black, almost snakelike pupil, focused on the semitransparent specter that was Prince.
hey im izzie and i like drawing
they/them - lizard enthusiast

i'm in a million AP classes, so i'm not super active ^-^''
swampfiend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me