Deerssert 286 winner + ru's announced by Bovidae

Based on Click to view
Artist Bovidae [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Deerssert 286 winner + ru's announced

Postby Bovidae » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:26 pm

The simplest way to explain them? Deersserts are deer with a twist! While the specifics vary from deer to deer, they all have a few things in common. Deersserts have muscle, skin, fur and bone, but they are described as tasting like sweets. Their scent lingers so much that hides carry a fragrant scent even after death. Instead of fluffy tails, they have a pouf of whipped cream or ice cream [depending on the deer!] with some manner of fruit on top.

i've come out of the woodwork again to give ya'll another holiday deer! i was going to do something peppermint themed but it would only end up looking like a rehash of last year's design. so when looking through my cupboards, i saw a can of vanilla hot chocolate with marshmallows and i was like, hey, why not? so here is a more ambiguously winter-y design. also super hipster-looking, but i suppose she has her charm!

anyways, onto the contest. when i think of hot chocolate, i think of drinking it with a nice book, so i want you to tell me either this deer's favorite book (series) or favorite genre and why.

Code: Select all
[b]Username[/b]
[b]Deer's name[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Brief personality[/b]
[b]Book story[/b]

OWNED BY ANTIQUARIES
Last edited by Bovidae on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bovidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deerssert 286

Postby dr pepper. » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Username
Deer's name
Book story

MAJOR RESERVES
OMG GLASSES
quitting chicken smoothie.

I am keeping my characters unless stated in their species rules I can't. I will gift the ones to close friends that I know will be active.

Do not ask for any of my pets or items, thank you.
Do not pm me. If i get one I won't read it.

If I lost a tryout contest winner is free to the art in my form. If I won you CAN pm me for this only reason. Title the pm, "You won!"

Thanks for being a great community. I did have fun.
dr pepper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Elodea - Part-time Librarian, Ichythyologist

Postby ophanimera » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:30 pm

USERNAME - pterodactyl, here

HER NAME - Elodea
She named herself after the genus of plant that is most commonly found in aquariums.

GENDER - Magigirl (female or neutral pronouns)

PERSONALITY

activist

Elodea is passionate for three things in life:
activism, books, and fish.

She likes to do things like sit outside in the freezing temperature to get
her point across. She marches and pickets for lots of things, mostly
civil rights of all sorts of marginalized groups.

bibliophile

She is very well read and considers herself an expert in an ichthyological aspect. She has an undying love for learning and getting up-to-date with the most current information. She has a habit of pushing her glasses up when they slide down, if even a tiny bit.
She is often found in the library, reading up on all the newest books. Whether they're fiction, non-fiction or verse, she's got her nose buried deep into a book nearly all the time.

ichthyologist

If you talk to her about fish, she'll love you forever. She studies Marine Biology and has an avid interest in working at an aquarium one day. She loves to go swimming and her favorite place to vacation is at the beach.
She loves the natural world, in general, so she'd be more than happy to chat you up about insects, other animals or plants, in addition to fish.

HER FAVORITE GENRE

Her favorite genre is mystery-adventure, although she likes all books.
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is her favorite series/collection of stories of the genre, although it's not the only series.

She has read all of them, and while she doesn't like to pick favorites, her favorite mystery of all of them is The Adventure of the Empty House, in which Moran is arrested. She pays close attention to every mention of water, especially Reichenbach Falls. Elodea frequently uses the Sherlockian methods of analysis to solve her own problems.

ART:
full body by Hawke.

I am here to tell you a story of a little doe who goes by the name Elodea. You see, she wasn't first called that.
She wasn't called anything, at first.

Her parents set her out in the middle of the woods and left her there, wrapped in a bundle of cloth. Her father and mother had decided that they couldn't keep her and quickly fled in haste, before the doe opened her eyes to see her family. As this young doe awoke, she hobbled to her tiny infant feet and cried out into the snowstorm, hoping to find her family, but to no avail. They had left her behind. She found a pair of glasses in the snow and put them on, shielding her eyes from the stinging snow. She hopes that they came from one of her parents, as a farewell gift, but she doesn't know their true origins.

She spent at least a month, shielding herself from the blustery snow in a cave, warmed by her blanket and a fire she made, improvising with dried leaves and twigs she could separate from the ice and snow. She emerged from the cave an adult by the time it was all over. Her hair was frosted at the end, tainted by the snow. She could see the lights of the city, and so that's where she went.

The first building open nearest her was a bookstore and she went inside, shaking off snow at the door. A deerssert welcomed her in, noticing that she was cold and her hair was matted to her body. She spent a few weeks in here, under the care of Marissa, the store owner. Marissa helped expose her to caring for fish for the first time and she noticed her interest. She gave her some books to read and over the period of a few months, Elodea had named herself for the plant in the aquarium. She had read all of the books in the store that were about fish and she went to the library down the street to read more. She isolated herself in a study room occasionally with about half a dozen books and would return hours later, having read them all.

With her past of being abandoned, she doesn't want anyone to go through the same and she fights for civil and human rights, joining any marches that she catches wind of. Being in a bookstore/coffee shop, she often sees fliers for them and gets more to distribute to other places in town.

Her thirst for knowledge is insatiable and she can't contain her enthusiasm for fish. She got a job at the bookstore and started saving up to go to school so that she can work at the local aquarium. Ever since, she's been working for this goal and hopes to reach it sometime soon.
Last edited by ophanimera on Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 13 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The One & Only Vapor » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Username The One & Only Vapor
Deer's name tbd
Gender female
Brief personality nerdy lmao
wip
Book story the Inheritance cycle bc fantasy; wip

rES AH
hello there! i'm the...

...one & only vapor.

check out my art shop!! [click words or dragon]

they/them pronouns please

nontheist • pro-choice • LGBTQA+ rights • INFJ • feminist
agender • pansexual

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The One & Only Vapor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Pick a book series or a book? Sounds like my kind of challenge!

Username
booklover789

Deer's name

Brief personality

Book Series:
Harry Potter

I'll be dropping out, as others want this deer more than I do. Good luck, everyone! ;)
Last edited by booklover789 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:50 pm

mark with her favorite series being the Abhorsen Trillogy c:

❤️
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ toyhouse ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
my uncomfortable habits <3
[🐰] [🐭] [🌹]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxic Wolf » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Whoop, dropping out, good luck guys <3
Last edited by Toxic Wolf on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

╒═══════════════════♚══════════╕
Hello guys, feel free to send me either a
trade or a PM. I love chatting and making new friends.
Not too active on this site
just mostly stuck here for oc stuff and frens.
<- art by Celozon

My characters

╘═══════♚══════════════════════╛
Toxic Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sarapkm » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:55 pm

going to drop out, i apologize :C
Last edited by sarapkm on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sarapkm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grapejuice » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Username
Deer's name
Book story

Finally something I'm good at XD wip<3
................................................................................................................................................
status update:
the way i just want a hockey husband...

Image Image Image Image

................................................................................................................................................
grapejuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloxinia » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:51 am

Mark omg this baby is so cute <3
Gloxinia