Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Marcus by Sen507

Artist Sen507 [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Marcus

Postby Sen507 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:03 am

And yet there was no pity in the bus driver's eyes.

Gah, I keep changing Marcus' appearance every time I draw him. I keep switching between loving and hating him too. I'll be adding a background to this and neatening up the coloring/shading some time later on. This has been really frustrating to draw since a virus on my laptop causes pen pressure to turn on and off randomly on my tablet.

Anyway, for a little background info, the setting is basically the entrance to a purgatory of sorts and the "bus driver' as Marcus calls him takes on the appearances of those who were closest to the deceased. This is supposed to be comforting, but it basically has the exact opposite effect on Marcus until he realizes they are just illusions and "shatters" their faces. And no, it's not a good thing that there is a second hole punch in Marcus' ticket. The line at the top of the post is not a quote from the story, it just seemed fitting.

Edit:
I added a super quick background. I may or may not change it to a more detailed one later on since I'll be really busy in the upcoming weeks.
Last edited by Sen507 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not active. Please do not contact me or ask for my pets.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marcus (WIP)

Postby emiiyon » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:53 am

this is looking awesome
I seriously like the emotion going through this piece
fantastic work holmes~
i've got a deviant art! check it out holmes
this is how we survive on tuchanka

if you're wondering about commissions: i don't know. i don't know anything. what is milk? how can the universe exist if fish? what is so relevant about 42???

artistic tip for drawing digitally: try a square brush, you would be amazed by its versatility

commission to do (USD only):
art trades to do:

---
    ---
    ---
Shiko Hayashi
sokyo
---
---
---
---
---
---

commission waiting list [2]:
Staz
tabby-chan
emiiyon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marcus (WIP)

Postby Sen507 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:13 am

@emiiyon
Ah, thank you so much! Your art is beyond astounding, so it means a lot to me that you like this piece!

Aha, I think I almost always draw characters looking overly upset or frightened, it's a bit of a problem actually. I'll admit that Marcus is a really emotional character to write for though, despite the fact that he's a cynical and egotistic jerk most of the time.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marcus

Postby Keero » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:00 am

Woah. When did you get this good Aibo? xD The emotions are as usual, spot on.
    Honestly, epic work here, not to mention how in love I am with your concept. I'm completely intrigued by this story, ackk, I wish you were more willing to share your writing. It's too good to be kept hidden away in some hard-drive.

allergic to my own existence
    why am i still here?
    ┐(’~`;)┌

KEYO
    ═════
    ⬝ pre-vet neuroscience
    & exotic vet tech

Discord: keyode
Keero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marcus

Postby Sen507 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:28 am

Thank you so much! I feel like my art style has really hit a standstill for the past year though. OTL

Aha, I'm always happy to cryptically discuss my stories, I just get really nervous about sharing the actual text. I'm glad you like the concept though! 
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me