Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Run, Montag, Run by ServerNurse

Artist ServerNurse [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Run, Montag, Run

Postby ServerNurse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:02 pm

The Mechanical Hound slept but did not sleep, lived but did not live in it's gently humming, gently vibrating, softly illuminated kennel in the corner of the firehouse.....it's eight legs spidered under it on rubber padded paws.

The animals were turned loose. Three seconds later the game was done. the chicken or cat or rat caught halfway across the areaway, gripped in gentling paws while a four-inch, hallow steel needle plunged down from the proboscis of the Hound to inject massive jolts of morphine or procaine

The Hound half rose in it's kennel and looked at him with blue-green neon light flickering in it's suddenly activated eye bulbs. It growled again, a strange rasping combination of electrical sizzle, a frying sound, a scraping of metal, a turning of cogs that seemed rusty and ancient with suspicion.

SO! This is my take on the Mechanical Hound from a book called Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Above are a couple quotes from the book i used for help. For questions of the title, Guy Montag is the main character of the book, but! that's all i'm saying, incase anyone wants to read it later. When i was reading it, I just thought the entire idea and concept of an eight legged mechanical hound was neat, so i got around to drawing what Iimagine it to be. otherwise! it's up to you! Hope you all like it.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Run, Montag, Run

Postby Magen » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:04 pm

I remember reading that novel a while back, it's good!
Awesome work. :D
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

ImageImage

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Run, Montag, Run

Postby ServerNurse » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:29 am

Magen wrote:
I remember reading that novel a while back, it's good!
Awesome work. :D

Ah! Thank you, mate. Personally, it's a favorite book of mine. I just got around to re-reading it again, which got me to draw the Hound

Last bumped by ServerNurse on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:29 am.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me