Revenant - Prologue by swampfiend

Artist swampfiend [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Revenant - Prologue

Postby swampfiend » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:29 am

Blergh. By the way, once I finish it, I'm going to go back and proofread it with some professional help.
But, that's about.... 1,298 words to go! (There's a 2,000 word minimum for the school project)

Prologue-
The newspaper read as following, 'June 17, 20208.' The headline was 'Politicians assure citizens are safe, denying any threat'. The man holding this newspaper, who sat alone in a large, old house, seemed not to be concerned in the slightest. This man was tall, with crimson hair, and pale yellow eyes. He had a name, but the name is unimportant at this time. What would have concerned this man was who was approaching the place that was home to the threat. This younger man, who had slightly raspberry-colored hair and golden eyes, was approaching an abandoned factory in an area that had not a sign of life elsewhere. The entire place seemed to cause an air of foreboding, and sent chills down the younger man's spine. As he entered the building, the entire place dropped a good 10 degrees. Tendrils of shadow slowly crept from a corner that had more darkness then the rest, hiding a figure in a cloak of darkness. The young man was grabbed by the shoulders, and fell unconscious.
When the young man awoke, he was not alone. A large, silhouetted figure had emerged from the shadows, the only thing that was visible through the dark being one completely white eye. “Greetings, child. Are you the unlinked son of the son of James?” it said, in a low voice. “Y-Yes,” muttered the young man. “How do you know that?” he added. “I know all that is, for I am all that is. I know all that was, for I am all that was. I know all that could have been, for I am all that could have been.” the dark creature, That Is, replied. “I know... That you-You're going to try to kill the inhabitants of this-this world... And I ask, why?” the man pleaded. That Is laughed, and replied, “This world is puny. I wish to extinguish its fire now, for the worms that inhabit it will not always stay so inferior. There would come a time where they would destroy this Universe's timeline, causing early death and anarchy.” That Is explained spitefully.
“Isn't there anything I could do to- to change your mind?” the young man asked feebly, knowing the answer inside. “Well, maybe there is something that could sway my decisions.” That Is replied in an indecisive manner. The younger man looked up. “One of my sons has gotten, well, you could say 'out of hand'. It is nigh impossible to kill him directly, but killing the person he is linked to could do the trick.” it continued, taking no heed of the younger man's stuttering. “Linked?” the younger man asked. “Yes, through a deal, and if you make a deal with me, I could possibly change my mind.” That Is said in a horribly snide fashion. The younger man nodded, and in a horrible moment, That Is came into view. It was not human in the least, but a towering serpent. It had a cobra like hood that resembled wings, with an infinity symbol on each side. There were two other infinity symbols, one on his open eye, and the other on its chest. “Kill the man who you call Father. Kill Prince James Toughclaws.”

A-haaaa that sounded familiar didn't it? I based it on the old version.
(Also the guy 'The younger man' encountered is NOT Entity, that's all I'll say about him.)
Writing, idea, and characters (c) Me
Last edited by swampfiend on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
hey im izzie and i like drawing
they/them - lizard enthusiast

i'm in a million AP classes, so i'm not super active ^-^''
swampfiend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Revenant - Prologue

Postby Hufflepuff » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:05 am

Can I help proofread it???? ;0;

-puts on professional suit-
Hufflepuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swampfiend » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:50 am

Hufflepuff wrote:Can I help proofread it???? ;0;

-puts on professional suit-

Possibly ouo
(My mom's actually proofread books for her old boss and she'll help me)
hey im izzie and i like drawing
they/them - lizard enthusiast

i'm in a million AP classes, so i'm not super active ^-^''
swampfiend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NO O O OF OATMEAL » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:41 am

eeeeee

now I wanna write a thing

the day rusty got his eyepatch? An FNAF fanfic with Caleb?
NO O O OF OATMEAL

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me