height: 15.2hh
breed: 50% Arab; 25% APH; 25% TB
colour: Grulla (Black Dun)
markings: Splash Overo
genes: EE/aa/Dd/nSpl

---------------------------------------------------

Round & Round Like a Carousel
about her

history: Carrie was born as a complete surprise. Her mother was an old sweet mare fond of children named Java. Over summer she had lost a lot of weight so her owners hand fed her weight-gaining horse mixes to fatten her up for the colder months, worried that if she didn’t have enough body fat she wouldn’t produce enough heat to survive. What they didn’t know is that she was already pregnant and most of the ‘fat’ was taken up space from Carrie.

When Java foaled, she gained the attention of a nearby boy. Since growing up on his father’s farm he knew a bit about animals and was specifically interested in horses, so when he heard the grunts of Java giving birth he curiously went to check the barn where he found both mare and foal. Being extremely selfish and lacking in money, he took the struggling Carrie out of the barn and sped off in his Ute, the family not knowing what he did, nor the fact that Java was previously pregnant and foaled. Java’s urgent cries caught the attention of the owners and went to check on her only to find a panicked Java and the scene where she gave birth. There was evidence that Java had foaled and they instantly informed neighboring farms to help search the area, knowing that if there was a foal out there that she wouldn’t last overnight in the cold. But of course, their search was unsuccessful and they just presumed the worst.

The boy, Tyler, took Carrie to his small shack and she was hand raised by him in a 9x9m backyard. She was broken by Tyler and she left the yard for the first time ever when she was two, when he took her to his father’s land to ride her in a larger area. Soon Tyler was going through a rough time with money and he hardly had enough to pay for food for Carrie so he decided to set up a trick show with Carrie for when the Carnival came. He had already taught her a few tricks but he would need to teach her a bit more if he wanted anyone to watch their performance. Two weeks later the carnival came and he got permission to put on a performance with Carrie during at the beginning of the show in the main tent. He was overjoyed with this even though the pay was low and the carnival stayed for only a week, but as long as he had enough to support Carrie and himself.

The act was perfect. Carrie was such a show off, prancing around the stage and calling back to the crowd (who loved her as much as she loved the attention.) Her job was simple; counting, reacting to simple words and hand gestures, performing small dances and silly jumps. Everyone was simply amazed with Carrie’s tolerance and bond with Tyler.

Every year Tyler takes Carrie to perform new acts and routines at the carnival, receiving small pay and large donations from kind visitors, as well as a small income from being a farm hand. She loves the attention and watching the show from the rips in the tent fabric, but most of all she likes to watch the brightly lit horses chase each other on the carousel, mounted by small children.

personality: confident; proud; affectionate; daring; tolerant; kind; antisocial; creative; energetic; playful; brave;
    likes: carousels; children; riding; bright lights; sweets; carrots; apples; being clean; ribbons; animals; music;
    dislikes: mud; the dark; being alone; bitter things; wearing feathers and paint;
    theme song: Carousel by Melanie Martinez. Not exactly a theme song, but this was inspired by it.
    friends: Misty, one of the trick horses; Willow, part of the herding and western trick show; China, from the horse rides.
    crush: Frosty, shhhhh, don't tell! He comes to the carnival sometimes for show. Coz who wouldn't want to show him off?

Last edited by flight;; on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
flight;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Grulla Splash

Postby .Arrow » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:54 am

Ignore
Last edited by .Arrow on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Arrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tynahi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:26 am

Username: Tynahi
Show Name: A Light in the Dark
Barn Name: Angelica "Angie"
Colour: Grulla Splash
Height: 14.1 hh
Breed: Abaco Barb [50%] Spanish Mustang [50%]
Genes: EE/aa/Dd/nSpl
Tell me about her:

Wip! Will finish when I get on my laptop.
Last edited by Tynahi on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flight;; » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:28 am

Tynahi wrote:Also the form said stallion and seal bay roan so I changed it to this I hope this is the correct info. Let me know if it isn't.

I changed it, sorry about that. cx
flight;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostbite18 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:59 am

Username: Frostbite18
Show Name: Moonlit Tides
Barn Name: Tide
Height: 15.2hh
Breed: Quarter Horse
Tell me about her: EE/aa/Dd/nSpl

Personality: Tide is aptly named. She just seems to come and go like the tides. Tide is a free spirit who only wants to see everything she can, to explore all the most beautiful and secretive places. Nothing ever seems to phase her, she accepts whatever the problem is and goes right at it until she finds a solution.

Swimming, nighttime, cool breezes, salty taste, the sound of waves, the moon
Dislikes
Really dry temperatures, rowdy/loud horses, big storms

Art
Too late sorry

Poetry
Too late, I am sorry
Last edited by Frostbite18 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frostbite18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby looose.string » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:02 am

Username: loose.strings
Show Name: Searching in Alaska
Barn Name: Ally
Height: 15 hh
Breed: Spanish Mustang (50%) x Trakehner (12.5%) x Arabian (12.5%) x Morgan (25%)
Tell me about her:
Short History:
Ally was born as...an experiment. An experiment between a very hardy Spanish mustang stallion, used as a stud to pass down his excellent hardy genes, and a brood mare with a decent variety of genes. She was born on a Bashkir Curly farm in Alaska, with her and her father being the only non-Curly horses. Ally was quite different from the other foals, considering how quickly she learned to stand, walk, and canter, her relatively rather tall height (compared to the usual 14 hh Bashkir Curlies on that farm and average Spanish Mustangs), and her overly adventurous and curious personality that most foals didn't have. During an enormous downpour, leading into a flood, the farm was washed away and Ally as separated from everyone. From there on, she wandered off and ran into a group of horse capturers and barely made it. She would've been caught if it wasn't for a handsome bay colt named Happy. Soon, Ally felt her heart skip a beat whenever the colt's dark eyes locked onto her, and she felt herself slowly falling for him. A few months later, the two found themselves being chased again. Happy sacrificed himself for Ally's safety. Reluctant to leave Happy at first, Happy told Ally how he felt about her, which stirred up all sense of reality in Ally and caused her to be able to move her legs and escape from the humans, leaving Happy, the colt she was in love with, the colt that made her heart ache, the colt that caused all of the problems in her life, and the colt that made her truly happy behind. After that, a kind human took her to someone that could help her find a kind, permanent home, and now, Ally lives at a wonderful place, with many friends and companions. To this day, she's still a little wary around humans, however, she has recovered quite a bit.
Personality:
Because of both her natural personality and her rough past, Ally is more of the rough-and-tough kind of girl. She's full of adventure, curiosity, spunk, bravery, and spirit. She's rarely spooked and almost never lazy (with her seemingly never-ending amount of energy. However, she's not very docile and can be stubborn at times. She also enjoys "testing" new riders.
Riding her?:
Since Ally is so spunky and young, she's more suited for intermediate and advanced riders. Her gaits tend to speed up, and using your reins to control her would be your best bet. Using your legs will work, but it won't be easy. She is not recommended for young or beginning riders as she is still in training and she's quite bold.
Discipline:
Endurance. Because of her 50% Spanish Mustang blood and her almost-infinite amount of energy and spunk, Ally grew up to be extraordinarily hardy and excellent at endurance. She's currently being trained for endurance horse shows/events.
Dislikes:

wip
Last edited by looose.string on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Back from a casual 5 year hiatus...!
looose.string

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Arrow » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:41 am

Username: 3.1415926535897
Show Name: Falling Falling Falling
Barn Name: Raindrops
Height: 16.3hh
Breed: Thouroughbred / Trakehner
Tell me about her:
------------------------------------------
~Snow
~Sand
~Rain
~Grass
~Wind
~Apples
~Sugar
~Her pretty blue halter

Dislikes
-------------------------------------------
-Baths
-Mean people
-Cold weather
-Dressage
-Dominant stallions
Last edited by .Arrow on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
.Arrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teresa8oats » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:33 am

Wow I really like her actually!! Reserve!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏───────────────────────┓

linklinklink

Signature Credit || art above by PollyPoos || art on left by ty_tay

┖───────────────────────┚
W E L C O M E
┏───────────────────────┓
CWHR

Text text text text text text
Text text text text text text

┖───────────────────────┚
T O........C O T T O N W O O D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby all patched up » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:36 am

Chasing a Fairytale
the basics

owner: all patched up
show name: Chasing a Fairytale
barn name: Carousel
height: 15.2hh
breed: 50% Arab; 25% APH; 25% TB
colour: Grulla (Black Dun)
markings: Splash Overo
genes: EE/aa/Dd/nSpl

Round & Round Like a Carousel
about her

history: Carrie was born as a complete surprise. Her mother was an old sweet mare fond of children named Java. Over summer she had lost a lot of weight so her owners hand fed her weight-gaining horse mixes to fatten her up for the colder months, worried that if she didn’t have enough body fat she wouldn’t produce enough heat to survive. What they didn’t know is that she was already pregnant and most of the ‘fat’ was taken up space from Carrie.

When Java foaled, she gained the attention of a nearby boy. Since growing up on his father’s farm he knew a bit about animals and was specifically interested in horses, so when he heard the grunts of Java giving birth he curiously went to check the barn where he found both mare and foal. Being extremely selfish and lacking in money, he took the struggling Carrie out of the barn and sped off in his Ute, the family not knowing what he did, nor the fact that Java was previously pregnant and foaled. Java’s urgent cries caught the attention of the owners and went to check on her only to find a panicked Java and the scene where she gave birth. There was evidence that Java had foaled and they instantly informed neighboring farms to help search the area, knowing that if there was a foal out there that she wouldn’t last overnight in the cold. But of course, their search was unsuccessful and they just presumed the worst.

The boy, Tyler, took Carrie to his small shack and she was hand raised by him in a 9x9m backyard. She was broken by Tyler and she left the yard for the first time ever when she was two, when he took her to his father’s land to ride her in a larger area. Soon Tyler was going through a rough time with money and he hardly had enough to pay for food for Carrie so he decided to set up a trick show with Carrie for when the Carnival came. He had already taught her a few tricks but he would need to teach her a bit more if he wanted anyone to watch their performance. Two weeks later the carnival came and he got permission to put on a performance with Carrie during at the beginning of the show in the main tent. He was overjoyed with this even though the pay was low and the carnival stayed for only a week, but as long as he had enough to support Carrie and himself.

The act was perfect. Carrie was such a show off, prancing around the stage and calling back to the crowd (who loved her as much as she loved the attention.) Her job was simple; counting, reacting to simple words and hand gestures, performing small dances and silly jumps. Everyone was simply amazed with Carrie’s tolerance and bond with Tyler.

Every year Tyler takes Carrie to perform new acts and routines at the carnival, receiving small pay and large donations from kind visitors, as well as a small income from being a farm hand. She loves the attention and watching the show from the rips in the tent fabric, but most of all she likes to watch the brightly lit horses chase each other on the carousel, mounted by small children.

personality: confident; proud; affectionate; daring; tolerant; kind; antisocial; creative; energetic; playful; brave;
    likes: carousels; children; riding; bright lights; sweets; carrots; apples; being clean; ribbons; animals; music;
    dislikes: mud; the dark; being alone; bitter things; wearing feathers and paint;
    theme song: Carousel by Melanie Martinez. Not exactly a theme song, but this was inspired by it.
    friends: Misty, one of the trick horses; Willow, part of the herding and western trick show; China, from the horse rides.
    crush: Frosty, shhhhh, don't tell! He comes to the carnival sometimes for show. Coz who wouldn't want to show him off?

Last edited by all patched up on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
all patched up

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silver ~ » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Username: ~Silverpelt~
Show Name: Angel with Dark Wings
Barn Name: Angel
Height: 15.2 heights
Breed: Morgan
Tell me about her:

-=A little bit about Angel=-
||Personality|| Angel is on average a friendly calm mare that is until she's provoked, then, that's a different story. She can be aggressive and short tempered, in general just frighting and unpleasant to be around. She known to kick and rear just do serious damage to her victim. Luckily that's a rare event.
||Likes||
  • Being adored
  • Compliments on her coat
  • Galloping around
||Dislikes||
  • Being made funny of for her past
  • Horses being insensitive to other's bad feelings about their teasing
||Discipline||
||History||

WIP
Last edited by silver ~ on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
(links) not very active here anymore
silver ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me