Adopt 04 - Cat Kenomimi (Winner Announced!) by pallis

Based on Click to view
Artist pallis [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
88 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Adopt 04 - Cat Kenomimi (Winner Announced!)

Postby pallis » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Our next adopt is a cat kenomimi! Their shadow is based mainly on a pomeranian im a sucker for small fluffy animals im so sorry
To adopt this kenomimi, copy and paste the form below!
Code: Select all
username:
name:
shadow's name:

Extras are allowed

The end date for this is Nov. 13

.chamomile. wrote:
username .chamomile.
name Tenlie [ten-lee]
nick name Ten
gender male
age unknown; estimated to be in mid twenties

shadows name Marcus; usually goes by M
shadows gender Male

. . . i'm just a stray . . .

The dollmaker
dollmaker
he loved me so
With kindness and
gentle hands
he forged me anew . . .

Quiet streets. Lights are in the background glaring, striking his back like sunrays. His footsteps are light air making no noise on the grey concrete. Yellow sweater gold with drops of blue, unseen but not unheard. Humming a song, sad and melancholy. Beside him a flicker of a being, dark with soul bright with the heavens upon its chest. Bandages covering his face and his hands, scrapes and chipped paint on finger tips dragging through the rough sands of time. My, what ears does he have, what large shoes does he have. A purple scarf is dragging on the ground. A purple tail is swaying indecisively, waiting to pounce on some unknown prey. Sounds are in the city, chasing after them with blackened hands. The shadow walks, paws sinking into man made road. He floats, gentle, sweet. Where are they going?

. . . with bright eyes he gave me
with a smile so coy
reborn was I to love
With kindness and gentle
words
reborn I was to live . . .

“M, where are we going?” Tenlie asks. He is walking on the curb with the grace of a gymnast on the beams. He stares down below him at the painted concrete, cracking in some places, cars whirring by him. Marcus walks on the sidewalk, unseen to human eyes. He’s the one with more sense out of the two. Tenlie fancies himself the fun one, the one who would party if he were invited to them. The little Pomeranian yipped at him, annoyed.

“M?” Tenlie pauses to look at his companion.

“To find a place to spend the night,” Marcus responds. He hadn’t stopped walking, though he wasn’t that far ahead. His short legs could only carry him so quickly, Marcus could hardly run, even when he wanted to and tried to. Tenlie held him often, holding on to him as if he were the fragile porcelain that made up Tenlie’s being.

“Oh right,” Tenlie mutters, resuming his walk. “We should find a home soon, a place to stay forever.”

The Pomeranian only yips at him, annoyed.

. . . but for now am I lost
for have I lost my own being
to the skies and the waters
that flow in my soul of
porcelain fingers
gentle against the rain . . .

A shiver runs down my back. Marcus and I found a place to stay, just like every other night. How many nights have there been like this? With us crouched beneath a store oning, waiting to be kicked out? Underneath the stoop of a slum building, waiting to be left out? Sometimes the city is so cold that I forget I have life again. Sometimes I wish that I were the toy, once loved, left out in the mud to be discarded than this stray cat.

The night sounds are scary. I hear fights that are blocks away but they make my heart pound. My body is not so fragile, but I’m afraid that I’ll shatter like glass beneath the hands of some mercenary. I shudder at the thought of breaking and bring Marcus closer to my body, wrapping him in my scarf. I clutch life to my chest, afraid to live. I don’t have a job. I don’t have anyone to call my friend, I have nowhere to stay. I’m a stray, I wander. I like my life, unpleasant as it is. It’s only on nights like this with water dripping from the sky and soaking my clothing that I wish I were more stable. Settled. But I love to wander. Marcus keeps me in check. I don’t fight. I don’t cause trouble for anyone. I follow the laws, for the most part, yet people just glare at me calling me a good for nothing free loader.

Some nights I find I stray kitten in the alleyways mewling for food. I used to be like that kitten; lost, forgotten, searching for love. I was a broken toy, abandoned. I fancy that I save these kittens from a miserable fate by taking them in, but perhaps I’m only making things worse by letting them live and suffer through the world.

Oh, well. Sad thoughts are useless.

The rain will let up tomorrow.

Dollmaker
The Dollmaker
save me.
I have forgotten
Tell me
please tell me
Where am I going? . . .

yes, i bite

Tenlie is a little absentminded at times, and easily becomes distracted. His partner in crime Marcus constantly has to watch over the doll, who is as impatient and as needy as a toddler at times. Tenlie often gets labeled as a loner, since he's never seen with anyone or doing anything or paying attention to the environment around him. He's carefree and gentle, with a strange fascination for sweet confections. Though he may seem happy and light, Tenlie is often troubled by his current no home, no job, no friends situation. Oftentimes he spends the day wandering around New York City getting completely lost because his mind was elsewhere. Everyday is a new adventure for him and Marcus. They're always on the search for food to eat, a place to stay, or new people to meet. New York is a city full of life and energy, the perfect home for Tenlie who bounces from place to place living off the feeling of vitality in the air. There are the occasional days when he's full of life and excitement, sneaking into clubs and parties to talk to people, and snatch some food. He's made a few acquaintances here and there, and even went to a college party once. But these activities drain him, and Tenlie soon returns to his quiet, wandering pattern with Marcus. He's picky about what kind of people he wants to hang around and when he wants to be sociable.

the city

When Tenlie came to life, he first found himself trapped in a throng of people, walking the wrong way. The air around him was cool, the sun enough to warm him. There were golden and orange leaves falling from the few trees that lined the sidewalk. Tenlie looked like a tourist standing there, receiving the glares from the morning commuters as they rushed off to work. He continued to walk the wrong way with Marcus, exploring the city together. He would pick up spare change on the ground, occasionally finding a dollar on the subway station platforms (which he had snuck on to) to help pay for dinner that night. Thankfully, Marcus didn't need to eat as much or as often as Tenlie did, who was constantly craving the food that window paned bakeries had to offer. Their lives continued like this together, conversing when they felt like it, silence between them when they didn't. Marcus doesn't say much to Tenlie, as he follows him most of the time and guides Tenlie to the right path every now and then.

extra! extra!
An interview with Tenlie.

Hi Tenlie! My names .chamomile. and I'll be asking you a few questions today.
Hmm? Alright. I've got plenty of time anyway.

Lovely, lets begin. What do you like most about Marcus?
There isn't anything that I like most, honestly. Well, maybe I like that he's smarter than I am. Without him, I'd be lost a lot, with no money or place to sleep. M doesn't talk much, even though we're partners. He's cute and fluffy though, really fun to hold. I guess thats it, really.

What's your dream home like?
Marcus and I looked at some apartments in downtown a couple of times, when I thought I would be getting a job soon enough and could afford a place to rent. Of course, I was never hired by anyone. I'm not the best candidate. But I remember this one place, small and simple. It had dark wooden floors that creaked, and white walls with huge windows looking over at another building. I was fine with the view, I don't really care much at what I look at. There was one bedroom and one bathroom, with a cozy little kitchen. It was perfect for me and Marcus, just the right size.

How come you can't get a job? Is it because you look lazy?
Eh, maybe. I mean, oversized scarf and sweater might scream lazy to some people, but it spells comfortable to me. Maybe it's because I'm too aloof. I dunno, I've always fancied myself a hard worker. I've applied to so many places but none of them have ever hired me. I just applied to this bakery near Central Park, maybe they'll hire me.

Why are you so obsessed with confections?
I like sweet things. Marcus and I barely have enough money to sustain ourselves. What we can buy in food is always nutritional. Apparently you can't live off of pastries and chocolates, so Marcus is always giving me advice on what to buy when we go out. Confections are so pretty too. I rather like staring at them through store windows, admiring the chef that created their delicate designs.

Where do you do most of your shopping?
In Chinatown of course. The shops there might seem sketchy, but they're truly wonderful. I can get really good food for cheap, if I go to the right places. My favorite part are those vendors selling fruits on the sidewalks. Sometimes they're out there, and sometimes they're not. Its unpredictable. Plus Chinese people are so welcoming and kind towards me, and they don't force me to talk when I don't want to.

Has anyone forced you to talk when you don't want to?
Well, yeah. Women are attracted to me for some reason, its strange. I have no interest in anyone really, and no one has any interest in me. If I'm too far away from Chinatown to make my rounds, I'll sometimes drop in at the local grocery store. The ladies there try to flirt with me a lot, and I feel like I'm being rude if I don't respond, event though most New Yorker's don't care. Its the worst at the counters, when they have plenty of time to ask you about your life and why I'm only buying a little food and that I should eat more or come over sometime.

What's your dream?
I want to go to college, but I can't afford it. I really want to go to a culinary school and learn how to make pastries and truffles and all of those desserts like the professionals do. It'd be nice to interact with others who had the same interests as me, and live in a dorm with someone. Then I could make my own food too, and not have to worry about eating or sleeping somewhere new every night. Maybe if I get the job at that bakery, the chef there will teach me a little something.

"Nine lives for the body, Ten lives for the soul"

Tenlies name is a play on the words "ten lives". He's a cat doll, and likes to believe that he has nine lives. This is his philosophy:

Each time he messes up, he will be remade and given a new shadow. Will he remember his past lives? Maybe, maybe not. The body may only have so many chances, but the soul has one more to redeem itself. At that point, on his tenth life, all of his previous lives will be reviewed and his fate decided. What that fate is, Tenlie hasn't decided. He can only hope to do well in this life, and to not break any time soon.

art
x "Sketches"
x In the Rain

thank you!
I absolutely fell in love with this gorgeous guy, and hope that my form (though uncoded) brings across the character that I'm trying to create. I immediately saw him as a stray cat, like the kind that I used see in the neighborhood I used to live in. There were always so gorgeous looking, and always wanted food, but refused to let you touch them. I had a lot of fun creating this character, and sorry about the huge blocks of text, I just couldn't help myself!
Last edited by pallis on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
pallis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt 04 - Cat Kenomimi

Postby aiu » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:00 pm

ard
male
panromantic asexual

A soul doll is, quite obviously, a doll that holds souls. Some of them hold a connection to the people who own them as a way to keep their loved ones around after death. Others are possessed monsters that will haunt you until you grow mad and kill yourself to get away from whatever nightmares it is causing. Card never was--nor is--one of these creatures. He was not either definition of a soul doll. And yet, he brought bad luck to whatever owner he was passed onto.
      Of course, he had not real consciousness yet really, but he could tell, in his inanimate state, that he was being passed on from person to person. It wasn't until after meeting Key that he connected the fires, murders, and suicides to the ownership of him. It wasn't until after the contract that he noticed the fact that he had holes and cracks in him, punched in by silver needles of mad old woman who wanted to rid the doll of it's evil spirit.
      He remembered very little, and the little he did remember he promptly wanted to forget. He was first owned, as most dolls are, by a little girl. Maybe she was 6? 7? He wasn't too sure. Human ages confused him. She was the name who named him Benedict Seeing. Benedict because 'it sounded fancy' and Seeing because that was her own last name. Often, she called him Benny for short. She liked to take him on adventures despite the yells of her mother that he was very fragile. The little girl handled Card very gently. He never got a scratch or crack on him while they had expeditions in the backyard together.
      He didn't see her or the rest of the family die. Somehow, he managed to avoid it. A burglar was the conclusion he came to. It went wrong and the family had to be... taken out. This loss, out of all the rest that happened, saddened him the most.
      Next came a older woman, maybe in her 40's, who was fond of cats and dolls. Those two things and those two things only. Her sanity was probably already a little off, but it was titled off kilter even more when she heard about the previous people who had taken care of Card. He was stuffed down into the basement, alongside a creepy jester-looking doll who's face he can't wipe from his mind. The next time he saw the light of day was when they began selling everything in the woman's house after her apparent suicide.
      He was tossed to more and more people. People who died in fires, in drownings, in more murders, in more suicides. His body, while battered and bruised, didn't really get damaged until he got picked up by his final owner. A sweet old woman with 26 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren to entertain. They all loved Card, especially after the old woman updated his outfit for them. The bright yellow sweater and stary scarf were a perfect match even though neither of them knew as much. However, pretty soon the woman started to have nightmares. Terrible, terrible nightmares that made her scream out in terror and wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. She must have talked to a priest or a ghost hunter or something because she came home one day, went to her sowing supplies, and pulled out a glittering silver needle. She grabbed Card--shiny new clothes and all--and began punching him full of holes.
      Six of those holes and cracks are apparent, although hidden under band-aids. The rest are hidden under the clothes he still wears that were a gift from the woman herself.
      She disappeared after she let out whatever fear or anger she had on Card. He's not at all sure what happened to her. The only thing he knows for a fact happened was Key finding him, making the contract, and waking up to see a sparkly little Pomeranian... thing. Key became his name after Card looked to his right and saw exactly that: a key. He couldn't let himself stay Benedict Seeing or Benny or anyone else for that matter after realizing all that had happened. Thus, he chose a name that fit in nicely with Key's: Card. As in a key card.
quiet, obsessive, calm, serious, sparkles

Card is a level-headed, not particularly imaginative doll. He doesn't usually get grumpy and he doesn't really tease. He doesn't like pranks, can't take a joke, and is pretty much all around lacks a sense of humor. He's not an idiot, though. And, once and a while, he won't give Key anything else to eat besides the fish he detests so much. Perhaps I lied. Perhaps he can tease. Despite being a 'bad luck charm' he's a pretty happy person all-in-all. He's an idealist. He doesn't let small things like that get to him. He's not outgoing, so he's not that person who's out there trying out everything life has to offer, though. He prefers to just hang around his little makeshift home with Key. The two of them make a good pair, one being passive and the other being a grump.
      Card really likes to smile, even if he doesn't have much of reason to smile. He speaks only in a word or less, so a smile for him holds a lot of communication. Speaking of, well, speaking, Card as a very sweet sounding voice that lingers. It's kind of like syrup. It sticky, but thick and smooth. It's fairly high pitched for a boy, but no one seems to mind, including himself. The only time he's ever been heard uttering more than one word at a time, let alone a curse word, is when he's trying to get that one dang curl to straighten. His exact words every time: "Straighten. Dammit hair." This will provide hours of entertainment for Key and hours of annoyance to Card. He is completely focused on that particular task, which carries onto other parts of his life. He is very obsessive. The number one obsession he has is sparkly things (stars, ruby red slippers, sparkles...). Because of his liking of sparkles, he adores the movie The Wizard of Oz. His dream is to, one day, put on one of the four existing pairs in the world, despite the fact he would have to grow a foot or two to fit them. He's had plenty of dreams about strutting around Oz with them glittering on his feet. His sparkle obsession goes hand in hand with his love of stars. They're just so sparkly to him. He loves 2001: A Space Odyssey, the new movie Interstellar, and Gravity because... sparkles! So many sparkly stars... He has to hide during the forty minutes Hal is on screen in the former film. He is easily frightened. The entire house is constantly lit by glow-in-the dark stars. He will come home with literal armfuls of the things and promptly stick them wherever they will fit. Card's and Key's Christmas tree isn't allowed to have anything else but sparkly star ornaments either, with the exception of a beautifully hand-crafted ruby slippers ornament that Card once made.
      Card is often out of the loop with the rest of the world. Since he talks so little and isn't so great of a focuser or listener (surprisingly) and the fact that he is illiterate makes him a bit out of touch. The only thing he can read and write is his name. This annoys Key a bit since the Pomeranian knows how to read and write, but can't do that latter due to the lack of opposable thumbs. Card dabbles in drawing, but they more come out in scribbles than anything else. The one thing he's really good at is building small things. He has made a lot of ceramics, ornaments, pieces of jewelry, and even has done some knitting and crocheting.
      All in all, Card is a very relaxed person, but is pretty cheerful and puts his soul into everything he does.

ey
genderless (he/him)
pomeranian of this

Key is a little mini grump. That's pretty much it for him. I don't think Card or anyone else have ever a seen a hint of amusement or a smile on his face. All the same, everyone seems to love him just fine. Must be something with that grumpy charm of his that doesn't exist. He is pleased by very little a criticizes most everything Card does. Together, though, the two of them make each other better. Key, above all other things, hates fish. Hates it, much to the displeasure of Card, who lives for the stuff. He also dislikes J-Pop and most other foreign-language stuff, which Card constantly dances too. Why does Key deal with all of this? Because of the contract, he says, but really, the little pom just loves being around Card. He finds his company comforting and it makes him feel better about everything in general. You see, secretly Key is a very nervous and jittery person. He just perceives this behavior as not presentable and ugly. He doesn't want people to know. He also has slightly OCD, but he hides that as well.

Last edited by aiu on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 15 times in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
x
x
x
x
x
("you-e")
she/her pronouns
writer/roleplayer

onexone search
song reccomendation
"lest we forget how fragile we are..."
---
i'm a fangirl who like aesthetics and music. please contact me if you could help me improve in coding.
announcement: i am very busy for the next two weeks.
---
[ i o u ]
wesboro high
masquerade
jessica
kuroshitsuji 10/14
boom crash 10/15

---
my websites :
as | personal tumblr | writing tumblr | wattpad

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
aiu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:01 pm

username:
name:
shadow's name:

reserve <3

doll and icon by kivr
Kyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epimetheus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

oh my gosh what a lil cutie i just
      reserve <3
epimetheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby felidae89 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

username:felidae89
name: Cedric
personality:cuddly but reserved, Cedric doesn't like crowds and prefers quiet people/dolls/animals.
shadow's name:Glow
About Glow: Glow is actually more of a dog then a cat even though Cedric is a cat glow is loud, rambunctious and often times moody. He will loudly bark at Cedric when he's upset because he knows how much loud noises bother him.

These are the coolest adopts I've ever seen! <3
Last edited by felidae89 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image join up! limited spots available. then friend me so i can play with you!
felidae89

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hasu » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

username:
name:
shadow's name:

woah woah reserve
hasu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rooster Cult » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Oh mah glob, this is bootiful ;A;
I don't really need more characters (plus, I don't really want to go all out again so soon.) But I may make chibi art for the winner.
----
Rooster or Ruce // Autistic // any pronouns
Rooster Cult

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shrimpdog » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
username:
name:
shadow's name:
shrimpdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:10 pm

why__do____still__love__you__...
when__you__cost__me__so__much__pain__?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

●●●, , ,●●●

username: the awkward one.
name: yukine
personality: a big crybaby
shadow's name: tsunami

- and i fell for you, like the cherry blossoms from a cherry tree
- enjoy it before its over
Last edited by yeena on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shoe. » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:12 pm

Username: Sinister Smile
Name: Her legal name is Muta, but she prefers Yuki. It's more feminine.

Muta knew he was different. He wasn't interested in that "boyish stuff" his friends were doing. He didn't like the clothes he wore. He felt out of place. As he got older, he caught himself thinking about what the latest shoe model was- how cute certain dresses were. Eventually, he knew he was different. "What's wrong with me?" He asked Jiji- whom had been with him from the start. "For one," Jiji began "You're a doll. And two you're talking to what is only a figment of your imagination." Muta sighed, "That's not what I meant. I don't feel like this is really who I am. I feel like I'm playing the role of someone else- someone who I am not supposed to be." "Wow Muta, you're an idiot." Jiji yawned, and fell asleep. Muta sighed again. He looked around the room. It was too dark for his tastes- a little pink over here, some light blue there... What was he doing? He shook his head. Quickly standing up, he went to the closet. A dusty brown box held his darkest secret, a hand mirror and piles of oversized sweaters and scarves- and the leggings to match. Everyday he'd wear more and more of his feminine clothes, easing others in if you will. Slowly but surely he changed. Finally he dressed up, his figure slightly curvier than the normal male, but too sharp to be a female. He twirled around, feeling at home. "Jiji, just call me Yuki from now on." Jiji snorted "Your wish is my command your majesty." Yuki (Muta decided on his own to change his name, he will now be called Yuki and is addressed with she/her pronouns.) enjoyed her new attire. "All those years I was pretending to be a boy." Yuki thought for a moment "...Now I've got to show them who I really am."

Personality:
Anxious
Yuki has had anxiety for as long as she can remember. Her triggers are usually cloudy days, birds, certain video games, certain songs, others staring at her in an awkward way, and snow globes. Her attacks will usually last for about an hour (give or take) or until Jiji is able to calm her down. Sometimes her joints will lock up when she's about to have an attack- or when shes afraid of something. She doesn't know how it started, nor does she care.
Short Tempered
Her fuse is very short. Yuki is easily annoyed, when the same sound repeats, a person with a higher pitched voice speaks, when no one listens to her (I'm looking at you, Jiji). She doesn't like loud or pitched sounds.
Clever/Witty
Yuki thinks of herself to be rather clever. She's a very good problem solver; however when she's under pressure she'll get an anxiety attack. She tends to be very ironic sometimes, but usually to herself.
Slightly Timid
While she may have an attitude, she is a little shy. She doesn't like to be in large crowds, or the center of attention. Sure, a little of attention is okay, but a whole lot is not only frightening- it is also tiresome. She will occasionally start a conversation, but for better results you'd better be the one to send the first hello. She's very worried about her looks and tries very hard to be impressive. She may be an attention seeker but is unconscious of that knowledge. She is always worried about the ways people view her.
Nerd
Yuki loves sci-fi. She is obsessed. She also likes astronomy. She is a total dork when it comes to anime. Her favorite is The Cat Returns. Anything by Ghibli Studios strikes her as interesting. Anything with stars on it draws her attention. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy anyone? She really wants to be a great artist- starting off by drawing her favorite characters in strange worlds. Her art usually revolves around astronomy and cute animals- Jiji perhaps. Some nights she just looks up at the stars, pencil in hand thinking about how small they really are- they are only a simple pixel in a large portrait called "Space." They'll never be anything more than a simple being.. Walking about living up to pointless standards.
Hungry
Yuki loves food. Food is her passion. If she could, she'd eat all the time- but she never gains weight because 1. she's a doll, and 2. well, she's a doll. What she likes most about food is the smells and varieties. Her favorite food is Top Ramen Noodles. She loves food ALMOST as much as she loves big comfy sweaters or pullover hoodies.
Sexual Orientation:
Yuki consideres herself to be pansexual, or pan for short.

xxxShadow Personality:
Bossy, playful, teasing, sleepy
Shadow's Name:
xxxxxxJiji
xxxxxxxxx

Jiji keeps Yuki animated- alive if you will. His constant teasing (always playful) keeps Yuki on her toes. They will always be good friends.

Tunes of a Neko

Last edited by Shoe. on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Im Shoe.!
I'm good at stuff

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
...............art by: PeanutButterRum
Shoe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me