Pseudodragon #250 by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pseudodragon #250

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:49 am

I'm quite happy with how this one turned out. This guy was inspired on a Northern Carmine Bee-Eater and, in order to try for him, you will have to write a story where he somehow interacts with this bird and also make one art piece of him. The art type is up to you(headshot, fullbody, sketch etc).

No extras are allowed and prettying up your form is fine as long as it's nothing excessive and a menace to my eyes.

I'll be closing this contest on October 25th.

captain awesome wrote:Username: captain awesome
Name: Jerome
Story:
The canopy was a dark cloud over his head. The slim rays of light that broke trough the boughs and leaves illuminated the tree just enough for the young male to see his prize. A beehive hung overhead, swaying slightly in the breeze. Bees buzzed about the hive. Their droning drowned the sounds of the forest below.

The young male eyed the papery hive with a ruby stare. Yellow and black insects scurried over the surface of the hive. Although stinger less, getting at the treat writhing wouldn't be without harassment. Still an awful lot for a snack that wasn't even for him.

Grunting, he hauled himself onto the branch and sat down on his haunches. He eyed the hive, procrastinating for a few moments longer, and he flicked his tail from side to side, off the branch then on again. A shadow swooped through a beam of light. It's wings beating against the air silently. The dragon didn't notice.

Rising to his feet, he took a slow step towards the hive, only to be cut short with fear. He leaped back, digging his claws into the tree to prevent from falling. A sharp gasp slipped through his lips and his eyes were wide. A brightly colored bird had landed on the branch. His talons gripped the wood and his beady black eyes stared at the fearful psuedo. Jerome lifted himself onto the branch, never taking an eye front the bird, who eyed the pseudo with curiosity. Rustling his feathers, Jerome growled lowly at the creature, his crest rising, doubling his size. Suddenly the bird snapped his beak, hopping forwards dangerously.
Screeching, the pseudo leapt backwards cringing.

He waited readily for the pain and death that never came. And when he found the courage to open his eyes, the bird was gone. On shaking legs, he swept his head from side to side, searching for the predator. He found none. The only sign that the bird was ever there was a small pile of discarded wings and legs.

Darting off the branch, the pseudo scurried away, forgetting all about the hive and the honey.

Art:
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pseudodragon #250

Postby stabbrielle » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:45 am

Username: captain awesome
Name: Jerome
Story:
The canopy was a dark cloud over his head. The slim rays of light that broke trough the boughs and leaves illuminated the tree just enough for the young male to see his prize. A beehive hung overhead, swaying slightly in the breeze. Bees buzzed about the hive. Their droning drowned the sounds of the forest below.

The young male eyed the papery hive with a ruby stare. Yellow and black insects scurried over the surface of the hive. Although stinger less, getting at the treat writhing wouldn't be without harassment. Still an awful lot for a snack that wasn't even for him.

Grunting, he hauled himself onto the branch and sat down on his haunches. He eyed the hive, procrastinating for a few moments longer, and he flicked his tail from side to side, off the branch then on again. A shadow swooped through a beam of light. It's wings beating against the air silently. The dragon didn't notice.

Rising to his feet, he took a slow step towards the hive, only to be cut short with fear. He leaped back, digging his claws into the tree to prevent from falling. A sharp gasp slipped through his lips and his eyes were wide. A brightly colored bird had landed on the branch. His talons gripped the wood and his beady black eyes stared at the fearful psuedo. Jerome lifted himself onto the branch, never taking an eye front the bird, who eyed the pseudo with curiosity. Rustling his feathers, Jerome growled lowly at the creature, his crest rising, doubling his size. Suddenly the bird snapped his beak, hopping forwards dangerously.
Screeching, the pseudo leapt backwards cringing.

He waited readily for the pain and death that never came. And when he found the courage to open his eyes, the bird was gone. On shaking legs, he swept his head from side to side, searching for the predator. He found none. The only sign that the bird was ever there was a small pile of discarded wings and legs.

Darting off the branch, the pseudo scurried away, forgetting all about the hive and the honey.

Art:
Last edited by stabbrielle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stabbrielle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PerfectWorld » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:55 am

Username:
Name:
Story:
Art:
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Froas » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:12 am

Username: Froas
Name:
Story:
Art:

reserve
Froas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koi97 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:52 am

Username:
Name:
Story:
Art:

reserve
ImageImage
┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Koi~Female~She/Her
Single
Artist/Author
sorry if I don't seem the
most active.
Busy with irl stuff
.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┏ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┓

small link box c:
Nocturne Erazel
Charactersxxxxxxxx

┗ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┛
┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈
DeviantArt;; Koi97
Tumblr;; the-97th-koi-fish
Discord;; Pm me
koi97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Username: zippo♥
Name: Florian, nicknamed Flo
Story:
Art:

res
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
amethyst cove | buttermilks

the land of three crows | rise

Clan of Arkanes | kientras

valhalla | characters

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChickenPopper » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Username: ChickenPopper
Name:
Story:
Art:

Reserve
ImageImage
ChickenPopper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnigmaticJackal » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:34 am

Username: EnigmaticJackal
Name: Berlioz
Story:
Art:
Old Phone Who Dis?
EnigmaticJackal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ViceVersa » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:25 am

Username: ViceVersa
Name: Jabari
Story:
The sun was high in the sky when Jabari awoke from his nap. The Sudan heat beat down on him, and Jabari decided to move somewhere cooler. Not that there were many cooler places in the Sudan desert. Jabari's stomach rumbled. Sliding off the warm rock, Jabari decided to go seek his fortune in food.
As he walked along the isles of his local food mart, which is actually just a cluster of a few sparse, desert bushes, all he saw was insects, dried berries, and a few seeds. The little dragon turned his nose up at these. Jabari was so tired of dried berries and seeds. He wanted real, fresh meat, like a bird or a mouse. Jabari wandered through the bushes, when a noise caught his attention. Looking up, Jabari saw a bright red bird land onto a branch in a nearby tree.
Today was his lucky day! There, as if in reply from heaven, was fresh meat! Jabari could not believe his luck. The famished pseudodragon sped along the ground, as fast as his feet could carry him. When he reached the trunk of the tree, he was tired and hot, but Jabari did not care. He was motivated on one thing alone, and that was yummy meat.
The young pseudodragon licked his lips. With the sun in his eyes he began his ascent up the tree’s trunk. Jabari could not see the bird, due to the blinding light. His claws dug into the tree’s trunk. Steadily, he reach the branch which the bird was on. It was here Jabari turned on his stealth mode.
Slowly, Jabari crept towards the bird. Only one leg moved at a time. Jabari’s claws gripped the thin branch, in order to stay balanced. As Jabari slipped closer, he saw that there was a nest next to the bird. Poking from the nest, were two open beaks. Jabari froze. His character was challenged. How could he eat the mother of those two adorable chicks? He just could not. Jabari was carefully turning around, when he witnessed the mother bird spot him. He panicked. His position had been compromised. Jabari felt his back feet leave the branch. Before a millisecond had passed, Jabari was falling through the air. The pseudodragon closed his eyes and hoped that his end would come quickly in the four foot drop to the ground. Jabari felt his foot strike something. His end had come. Jabari waited. Nothing happened. Opening his eyes, Jabari saw the ground below him. He was not falling though. Jabari looked up and saw that the momma bird had him by the foot, and was flying back to her nest.
Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Jabari wished that she had let him fall. Now he knew she would probably feed him to her chicks. “Just call me lunch,” he thought. The pessimistic dragon was dropped into the nest. He closed his eyes and pictured a slow and painful death, but to his surprise nothing happened again. Carefully opening his eyes, Jabari saw that the momma bird was standing over him. For the first time and without the sun in his eyes, he was able to view her true colors.
A flashback to his past, made Jabari remember a time where he had looked at his own reflection in water. That is before slurping it up in thirst of course. He remembered his own bright colors and saw the resemblance to the bird. Jabari laughed. His tail twitched in excitement. The momma bird had mistaken him as one of her own!
The mother bird flew away to fetch food. Jabari lounged around with his adopted siblings, while she was gone. It was cool in the nest, and Jabari fell asleep quickly. He awoke to the sound of flapping wings. Finally, Momma was back with some grub. Jabari copied the other chicks by opening his mouth as wide as possible. Before he could even react, a big bee was stuffed into his mouth. Jabari swallowed in disgust. The flavor of the bee was bittersweet and its texture was fuzzy. It was like swallowing a cotton ball.
Jabari only had one thought and that was to get out of here. When Momma left the nest again, Jabari quickly made his escape. Jabari decided to leave birds alone, perhaps mice would be a better pursuit. Jabari forever after admired the bird which bore his appearance. Even still when he flew alongside them after his mice escapade went wrong and he managed to become caught on a plane to Europe… But that is a story for another time…
Last edited by ViceVersa on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Real life comes first for me, so if I don't get on for a while I'm probably just really busy.
ViceVersa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dream Big! » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:24 am

Marking. ^^
Image Feel free to PM me! :3