Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Dwarf Mantuoy Artist Competition! by Kirbylover901

Based on Click to view
Artist Kirbylover901 [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

None yet! You can be the first to create your own version of this drawing!

Dwarf Mantuoy Artist Competition!

Postby Kirbylover901 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:01 am

Hey! What's a Dwarf Mantuoy?
A Dwarf Mantuoy is a peculiar breed of Manta Ray that has a super-long dolphin-like tail with various objects (usually life preservers, but they do vary) on it. For some reason, little whirlpools form in the tail loop, which are used to keep young Dwarf Mantuoys safe. While they are not as large as true manta rays, they are very playful and sociable, and communicate by making squeaks and waving their tails. They also appear to be partial to pumpkins, although they enjoy eating small fish, berries, and jellyfish as well.

Make sure to read the Main Thread! For this Artist Competition, I'm looking for 4 new artists and possibly 4 guest artists to help design new Dwarf Mantuoys! This competition will end in 3 weeks, on October 25th!

Rules
○Follow all the CS rules.
○Be respectful to all other competitors and myself.
○Do not remove my signature.
○Only 4 entries per person.
○You must state your entry is not a real Dwarf Mantuoy.
○You cannot steal another person's design.
○Don't make a new set of lines- you have to use these ones.
○You can make line edits, but if you edit the horns and fins, you must make sure they match in style and are shaded, colored, etc.
○There will be up to 4 honorable mentions.

Artist Expectations
○Artists are expected to post at least 2 Mantuoys every week. Failure to do so without telling me you'll be busy, etc. will result in a removal from the position if it happens too often (without telling me).
○Artists are expected to know how to use layers, Lock Alpha, and the other basic tools of the Oekaki.
○Artists are expected to judge fairly and be unbiased when judging.
○If the Artist does not judge a Dwarf Mantuoy that ISN'T an impress me, a Special Rarity Dwarf Mantuoy or has less than 50 entries in one month, they will be notified that they should judge, and if they do not respond in two weeks (or tell me that they're too busy, etc.) another artist or myself will take over the judging.

Guidelines for Making an Entry
○Entry can be any rarity for this competition.
○Entries preferably use the color palette dots, and choose an interesting color palette. Completing the silhouette and the mini-tail with tail objects is optional.
○Entries can be kept under a cover or simply be colored in from this drawing.
○Dwarf Mantuoys horns and fins always match in terms of style. Ex- A Mantuoy with fiery fins cannot have feathery horns.
○No entries can have neon colors.
○Creative, complex or simply good-looking designs are what I'm looking for in this competition.
○Entries cannot have any sort of CS-inappropriate material or any creepy aspects.

Note- if you are doing an entry with Feathery Fins, make sure to remove the overflow colors from the normal wings!○

Prizes

1st- Permanent Artist, gets to keep all designs and gets 5 pets of choice from my Uncommon Trade Group and 10 pets of choice from my Common Trade Group

2nd- Permanent Artist, gets to keep 3 designs max and gets 3 pets of choice from my Uncommon Trade Group and 5 pets of choice from my Common Trade Group

3rd- Permanent Artist, gets to keep 2 designs max and gets 2 pets of choice from my Uncommon Trade Group and 3 pets of choice from my Common Trade Group

4th- Permanent Artist, gets to keep 1 design and gets 1 pet of choice from my Uncommon Trade Group and 2 pets of choice from my Common Trade Group

Honorable Mention- Guest Artist, gets 2 pets of choice from my Common Trade Group

Last bumped by Kirbylover901 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:01 am.
"Do you remember when Staff Litter month
was in November? ...I do."

Vanilli invites you to check out Fox-n-Key!

Sirius suggests you visit one of the other
websites I'm on by clicking on the links below!

Flight Rising

Kirbylover901

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me