Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Azure Dragon Artist Comp! by reilly

Based on Click to view
Artist reilly [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Azure Dragon Artist Comp!

Postby reilly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:23 pm

What Are Azure Dragons? wrote:Azure dragons are a recently discovered species of big cats that aren't actually dragons at all! They are very closely related to lions, however.
They are an extremely adaptable species. Then can live in any type of environment and can eat nearly any type of food. Their size can range from the size of a small dog, so the size of a small horse, depending on their environment. It is unknown what their lifespan is, but it is strongly assumed that they can live a long time.
Most Azure Dragons have manes. Like lions, their manes don't grow until they are older. But unlike lions, both males and females have manes! It is very rare to see a Dragon without a mane. Some Azure Dragons let their manes grow longer or cut them short and have them styled.
They have four wings and can fly. Their wings don't always work the best, since they are a bit close together, but they seem to have physic powers that keep them up in the sky. It is extremely rare to see one with bigger wings, smaller wings, two wings, or (especially) no wings.
The strange species got it's name because they were originally thought to be dragons. There were reports of mysterious dragons that were only seen in the sky. But once scientists got close to them, they realized that they were super friendly and weren't dragons at all!
Scientists and conservationists have been working hard to bring up the population of this species. Many of them have been released into the wild, and some have even been given to foster homes or have been adopted as pets by humans!

I decided to finally kick-off with my new species.
So here's an artist comp to help me pick out some artists!

Contest Rules:
-Make sure you've read all the info on the main thread.
-Be considerate to all staff and other members of the community.
-No begging, bribing, or guilt tripping.
-Unlimited amount of entries per person.
-Please put your entries under a cover.
-Line edits are okay.
-Do not make your own lines.
-Feel free to design on adult or baby lines.

Here are the rules that artists will have to follow once they are accepted as staff.

Artist Rules:
-Must make at least one design every two weeks.
-Let me know if you won't be able to design for any amount of time.
-Do not make "big numbers" (50, 100, 150, etc.) without my permission!
-Try not to make clashing designs
-If you have any questions on what you can and cannot do design and line-edit wise, PM me!
-You may own 4 (four) normal adopt Azure Dragons, plus 2 (two) customs!

I will be picking as many artists as I deem fit, and I will probably come here to choose a few artists every so often. There is no set end-date.

Feel free to ask any questions here!
And good luck! <3
sorry I may be inactive for a while
something has come up
if you need to contact me please pm me but don't expect a quick reply
reilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Azure Dragon Artist Comp!

Postby Free Shade » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:34 pm

Marking ^^ Will be entering shortly

Last bumped by reilly on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:34 pm.
(art above by Hoggnunsstern)

Do you remember Kiamaras from way back 10 years ago? You ever wonder what happened to them after all these years after the move to DA?
Well, they're now an easy going ARPG with a website and quests! Most quests have low entry requirements and have multiple tiers of rewards. There's also a free MYO for new users who don't have a Kia yet!
There's also a discord for the community where you can ask for help with quests, chat with other users, and actively seek out Kias that are being traded and sold as well as new adopts!

If you're interested at all feel free to click the image above to be taken to the Kiamara website!
If you want to join the discord at all, feel free to dm me and I can send you a link to it.
Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me