Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mountain Cervidae Adopts (Post at will!) by Folmes

Artist Folmes [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Folmes

by Folmes

by Folmes

by Folmes

by Folmes

Mountain Cervidae Adopts (Post at will!)

Postby Folmes » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:15 am

MOUNTAIN CERVIDAES ADOPTION TOPIC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navigation
Archives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History
In the mountains of North America, a horse/deer hybrid flourishes. They're called the Mountain Cervidaes (or MCs). They live all along the mountains, like goats. They enjoy eating all sorts of berries and flowers of all kinds. They have a mane that goes from their forehead to their deer-like tail. The males also have under-fluff; it goes from their chest to their underbelly. They have a horse-like structure and anatomy, but some traits of a deer; one of those being its tail and another being the shorter mane. And due to it's deer like anatomy and weak back, you can't ride them. They do age the same as horses. They also tend to live in herds and are known to stay with their foals.

Features
• Deer like tail
• Long, hardy legs
• Stout body
• Male's under-fluff
• Short, but extensive mane
• Height never exceeds 15hh (Person: 5"8, MS: 15hh)
• Always have strips and/or natural spots/markings

Adoption
In order to adopt a Mountain Cervidae, you need to have been registered on Chickensmoothie for 3 months and have made at lease 100 posts in the forums.

If you fulfill that criteria then you need to keep an eye out for Cervidaes with "Adopt Me" written on their image. Only Cervidaes with that on the image are up for adoption.

Once you have found a Cervidae up for adoption, you need to fill in the forum found on the first post of their page. This need to be filled in correctly.

Staff
• Folmes (Creator)
• Echo Base (Co-Owner)

Ownership and Breeding
There is no limit to the number of Cervidaes you can own. Just make sure you like the design. There will always be more equids so don't be afraid to hang on for a while!

Cervidaes only have 10 breeding spots. The parents of the foal will be shown on it's first post.

In order to breed a Cervidae you need to find a suitable mare and stallion to breed together. You need permission to breed from both owners in the form of a quote from a PM or post. Once you've done this you need to check to see if there are any breeding artists available to design your foal.

*New* You can hint to artists if there are any specific features you wish your foal to have! (as long as they are found on the parents)

It is up to you to keep track of breeding! If it is found that a mare or stallion has had too many foals then the newest foals will be deleted until it is back down to 10. Breeding spots to the other mare/stallion will be returned to them.

Rules

• Do not claim species as your own
• Do not remove my signature from image
• You can only adopt once every 10 days
• You can apply for more then one in a day but you will only get one
• If you do not own it you cannot use the image in any way shape or form without the owners consent
• You must have been registered for at least 3 months and have made at least 100 posts to adopt
• You cannot edit forms and add anything to them except for what it asks for
• If you leave CS you may take your Cervidaes with you but they cannot be converted into other species
Last edited by Folmes on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mountain Cervidae Adopts

Postby Folmes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:21 am

Bump
ImageImage
rose kingdom (my characters)
my toyhou.se
✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ er vet tech ✦ type 1 diabetic ✦
✦ artist for range trotters & skullies & sveldala walkers
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mountain Cervidae Adopts (Post at will!)

Postby landofmakebelieve » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Mark <3
hello, bonjour
please call me believe

herro der mes amis, i am believe. proud canadian, ottb loving, colt breaking, nfr dreaming. pictured on the left is my racetrack reject, landofmakebelieve, aka molly, moo, shmoo, whatever name comes to mind x] molly is a 10 year old canadian bred thoroughbred mare, and standing at about 16.2hh, we look a little wonky when we chase cans, but la dee da that's alright. molly and i tried several disciplines. i tried desperately to get her to catch on to dressage, but unfortunately, she still has the race bred mind and is all go. however, together we found a discipline which we could both enjoy; western gaming. this summer we started travelling to barrel races locally. our current record on a standard size pattern is 17.314 and we are improving with every run. and to all the low budget barrel racers out there such as myself, a word of advise; chin up darling. you may not have a million dollar mount under your butt, but you and your crossbred, rejected, hard headed, rescue baby can do it. you know why? cause those girls sitting in their custom circle y's, upon shiny, top of the line mounts are full of themselves. they think there's no way they can lose. they get cocky. stay humble, believe in yourself, in your horse, and most importantly ride your little heart out.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Folmes » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Hey guys, i updated the original picture, do you guys like this one better?
ImageImage
rose kingdom (my characters)
my toyhou.se
✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ er vet tech ✦ type 1 diabetic ✦
✦ artist for range trotters & skullies & sveldala walkers
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:05 pm

I may have to adopt one of these as they are far too cute <3
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnivelGriff » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:37 am

mark c:
╔═════════════╗

Mikey ⚢
Lesbian ❤ she/her

Playlist
x X x X

╚═════════════╝

ToltersCWHRPRWME
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage