Re: Deerssert #215 (Runner Up)

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:54 pm

She's perfect. Thank you.

Weeping_Angel }Y{ wrote:
|Form © ∑a∂ µa††er|

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
name
"You can call me Ami."
While her name is Ambrosine, few know it. When first meeting you she will introduce herself as Ami and leave it at that. The more she gets to know you, she may tell you you have earned the privilege to call her Ambrosia on rare occasions. Very few know her real name, and she prefers to keep it that way.

behind the name
"I don't know why, or even what it means. I only know I hate my name."
I really wanted a name that was sweet or sugar-related for this sweetie, but I couldn’t seem to find one that fit the personality I was already starting to form. I was debating through my entire search whether or not to just name her Ambrosia, after the sweet treat said to give the gods their immortality. While digging into the background of the name I discovered that it was a variant of the name Ambrosine. The name fit her perfectly; feminine and delicate while able to be shortened to better reflect her tomboyish attitude.

Plus, the name means immortal, which fits right in with how I see this lovely doe.

"I thought my name would have given it away, but I guess not. I'm a doe, a female."
If you mistake her for a guy, Ami will just shrug it off and correct you. She doesn’t really care since she considers herself a tomboy anyway. While not always understanding how she gets mistaken for a guy sometimes, it doesn’t really bother her. The first time, that is. Don’t make the mistake again or she’ll flip.

Unlike with her gender, Ami is easily angered when it comes to her age. While she acts tough, she is a lady at heart and therefore hates it when people question her about something that she should be able to keep private. Maybe, in time, she will let you in on it, but until that happens I wouldn’t ask about it and upset her.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Being made of glass has its perks and downfalls. One specific one being that
nobody thinks she can handle some of the rougher activities. She loves being
able to prove others wrong when they think she can't do something, even if
she earns a few scratches or chips in the process. One thing she doesn't like
about her outer appearance, though, is that it can be easy for others to read
her. She likes to hide emotion, so if someone can sense her emotions it makes
her uncomfortable and embarrassed.

|

Despite her outer appearance of delicacy, Ami is a definite tomboy.
More often than not, you will find her out doing something that is never
considered to be entirely safe, especially not for a deer made of glass.
Yet, she continues on as if there's nothing wrong with whatever it is she
chose to do. Her once flawless glass body is chipped and scratched from
her previous adventures. Each mark on her form holds a memory of a
time in her life where she was herself for even just a short while. Her
true self? Well, that will come out later I believe.

While it is possible for others to see her emotions thanks to her being
made of glass, they can only see so much. In reality, they barely skim
the surface of her emotions. She has so few friends that she actually
trusts thanks to years of bullying. She was teased by the girls for
acting like a guy, and the guys made fun of her for being made of
glass. They thought she was too delicate to join them, no matter how
many times she proved them wrong. And, what most people don't know,
is that it's destroying her inside. Her ice cubes that keep her soda cold
are also what keep her alive. The minute they go, she's as good as dead.
They're already cracking because of the despair and heartache, and if
they shatter it won't be long before they melt...

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

Positive

Perky

Calm

Organized
Negative

Easily Angered

Shy

Overimaginative
Personality

Perky
"My few friends prefer 'bubbly'."
Bubbly, energetic, perky and other similar qualities can all be used to describe Ami. She's always eager to learn new things, and loves to make others smile. What she isn't, is overbearing. She knows that not all people enjoy bubbly souls and she accepts that. She doesn't try to change them, or herself, but she will tone down her joyous nature for the sake of less-than-perky deer.

Easily Angered
"Who told you I have a temper!?"
While Ami can typically keep a cool head around others, she does have a tendency to let her anger and frustration get the better of her at times. She will usually bottle up her anger, making her more and more vulnerable and you more likely to set her off for saying the wrong thing.

Calm
"It may seem odd considering my previously mentioned 'bubbly' trait, but I am calm. Most of the time..."
Ami recognizes the difference between times meant for silence and times meant for fun. So, using this knowledge, she can reign in her bubbly nature and become almost suspiciously calm and serious. If the atmosphere of the immediate area changes rapidly because of someone else, so too will she. For anyone who doesn't know her, these changes can be unnerving. Those who do know her, however, know that there is nothing but consideration for others behind these rapid changes in demeanor.

Shy
"Oh please! I'm anything but shy."
It may not seem like it, but Ami is shy around new people. She's just putting up a brave front right now. Once she gets to know you, she opens up pretty easily. However, that takes a bit of time. It helps if you are the only two in the immediate area since she is very specific about what she shares with who.

Organized
"I know that being organized can be a good thing, but sometimes I get a little carried away."
Ami has OCD, or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. While she doesn't usually share this bit of information with others, it isn't really all that hard to see if you know the condition. It doesn't always force her to do things multiple times and in a certain order, but it does drive her to be insanely organized. She is also a bit of a perfectionist because of it, wanting every drawing she makes or decoration she places to be perfect. Her standards are set pretty high in that regard, seeing as not everything can be perfect, and it sometimes bothers her. That's why she tries to keep her OCD in control.

Overimaginative
"I don't see how this is a bad thing. So what if I tend to create worlds inside my head and space out to enter them?"
Having an active imagination can be a great thing, unless you tend to get lost in your own little world. Sadly, that's what makes this one of Ami's negative qualities. She can be attentive, and usually is, but if she starts to get bored her mind will wander. Due to her imagination, she is very easily sidetracked and it is not hard for conversations to change topic rapidly when you are around her.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
so what's the story of the ice?
"I don't know what you're talking about."
Ami is very careful of who she makes aware of her ice's
condition. No one really knows the true reason why she
has ice floating inside her except herself.

You see, in order for her to stay alive her soda must
remain cold and bubbly. Her ice is somehow enchanted
to never melt so long as the cubes don't shatter, keeping
her soda cold. The bubbly-ness is likely maintained by
her perky personality. However, when she is at a weak
point emotionally, her ice can crack.

The longer she stays in that weak point, the more her ice
cracks. Anger, sadness and betrayal are the core emotions
that trigger the cracking, and she seems to visit them
often. Because of this, her ice grows weaker by the day.
Cracks line the surface and are branching to the core, and
the second they reach the core of her ice and the ice
shatters, she has moments left to live.

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA