Pseudodragon #203 by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
66 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pseudodragon #203

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:15 am

Man, whoever wins this guy had better take great care of him, because I grew so fond of him I actually considered making him my GA custom at first XD.

Oh well, anyway, to try out for this guy you'll have to give him a personality and also write a short story about him. Extras aren't allowed and prettying up your forms is fine as long as it's nothing too overkill(those can be really confusing to me -.-').

The contest will be closed on the August 16th.

iAmDiversity wrote:Username: iAmDiversity
Name: Delirium
Personality:
Delirium, often called Del, is a very happy and bouncy pseudo. He have the ability to see things in others that many might not see, almost like an instinctual sense that allow him to see how a pseudo really are. You may think he is very social and often with others, but he also have a vivid imagination that easily gets out of control, thus giving him a hard time with social interactions if he doesn´t have his mind tightly leashed.
Story:
The warm breeze gently nudged him awake, carrying the smells and sounds of other small creatures that had risen with the moon. He unfurled himself and shook his body, making his feathery mane rustle. He tasted the air with his tongue, it was late enough to start hunting.

Making his way through leaves and branches he listened to the familiar sounds. He loved the night, there were so many interesting critters out and about, the crickets nightly serenades were always pleasure to listen to. Today it almost seemed more so than usual. As he made his way he felt a tingling sense of excitement though he didn´t know why, until his gaze fell on a body of light. It shone with a warm yellow light and was as beautiful as the stars. Was it a spirit, or perhaps an angel?

He didn´t know what gave him the courage to bow, but it nodded back accepting his invitation to dance to the crickets serenade. Together they whirled through the leaves, mirroring each others movements almost as if they were one. It was so wonderful he lost his sense of time.

"What are you doing?"
Another pseudo stared at him from a branch above his head. The crickets had stopped playing, the creature of light could not be seen. Only fireflies hung in the air around him, occasionally flashing with warm yellow light.

He didn´t reply to the other dragon, he turned around and fled in case it would judge him for daring to disturb an angel.
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pseudodragon #203

Postby pidgeoncat » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:20 am

Username: glace
Name:
Personality:
Story:

res omg
pidgeoncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PerfectWorld » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:20 am

GOSH DARNIT ITS TOO PRETTY LILIAN >:"I

Username:
Name:
Personality:
Story:
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iAmDiversity » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:21 am

Username: iAmDiversity
Name: Delirium
Personality:
Delirium, often called Del, is a very happy and bouncy pseudo. He have the ability to see things in others that many might not see, almost like an instinctual sense that allow him to see how a pseudo really are. You may think he is very social and often with others, but he also have a vivid imagination that easily gets out of control, thus giving him a hard time with social interactions if he doesn´t have his mind tightly leashed.
Story:
The warm breeze gently nudged him awake, carrying the smells and sounds of other small creatures that had risen with the moon. He unfurled himself and shook his body, making his feathery mane rustle. He tasted the air with his tongue, it was late enough to start hunting.

Making his way through leaves and branches he listened to the familiar sounds. He loved the night, there were so many interesting critters out and about, the crickets nightly serenades were always pleasure to listen to. Today it almost seemed more so than usual. As he made his way he felt a tingling sense of excitement though he didn´t know why, until his gaze fell on a body of light. It shone with a warm yellow light and was as beautiful as the stars. Was it a spirit, or perhaps an angel?

He didn´t know what gave him the courage to bow, but it nodded back accepting his invitation to dance to the crickets serenade. Together they whirled through the leaves, mirroring each others movements almost as if they were one. It was so wonderful he lost his sense of time.

"What are you doing?"
Another pseudo stared at him from a branch above his head. The crickets had stopped playing, the creature of light could not be seen. Only fireflies hung in the air around him, occasionally flashing with warm yellow light.

He didn´t reply to the other dragon, he turned around and fled in case it would judge him for daring to disturb an angel.
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for any eggs
or chameleons from
this litter!
Pet's name: Moon Moon
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cougar28 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:22 am

Username:
Cougar28

Name:
Henrik

Personality:
Considerate, Bright, Rational, Encouraging, Attentive, Dependable, Tolerant

Henrik is always there for his friends. He always listens closely to anything anyone has to say, and rarely makes any flippant remarks. For this reason, and many others, he is greatly respected, and the others like to come to him for advice about various things. He is also quite intelligent, and since he has been in the woods so long, he knows a lot about it. Henrik likes puzzles and mysteries, and seems to unravel them easily. Sometimes young dragons come along wanting to hear about his adventures, and Henrik is only to happy to tell them. He also tells them about his love of life, and how you should live each day to the fullest, because you never know what's waiting around the corner. But he hasn't always thought that way. While he was alone he realized that he was living his life all wrong. You shouldn't wait around for a good day to come, you should make something good out of each day. That's basically his philosophy now.

Story:

I'm still alone. How long has it been? I've stopped counting the nights when the moon is fully awake. He taunts me, always reminding me that it's just him and I. Sometimes he leaves, and I'm left alone in the darkness. The sun still comes back, but it only leaves me more aware of my situation. Thinking about it now, I don't remember it ever being different. I know it wasn't always like this, but I just can't remember what it was like.

Every day, it's the same routine. Eat, drink, sleep, survive. When will it be like it was? Though I don't remember my past, I'm sure it was better than this. All I do now is mope around, thinking about how things could be better, but never acting to change anything. How would I? There is no one else. I've been running, but whether it's away from something, or towards something, I am unsure. One thing I know, is that I won't give up.

But everything looks the same. It has for a long time now. Am I just running in circles? Actually now that I really look, things are different. The leaves are colorful, and a lot of them cover the ground. In some places they're pushed into a pile. This isn't something the wind would do, not to this extent. Could it be that I'm not alone here?

I shouldn't get my hopes up. After all, I've had moments like this before, and each time there was some other explanation. Like the time I saw something shining in a tree, but when I went to investigate, I found it was just a trinket in a long abandoned bird's nest. Maybe that's what's going on here. Something made this pile of leaves, but abandoned it long ago. Although, the trees haven't been dropping leaves for very long, and it can get pretty windy in this area. The wind would have moved these dry leaves.

I should investigate. What's the harm in that? As I start to walk I notice there are other noises besides my own footsteps. But when I stop moving, the noises stop as well. It's probably the wind in the trees. Looking around though, I see something moving in the brush. It's coming towards me. A predator? It's been so long since I've seen one. My heart is beating so fast. I forgot what it was like to be scared. To be able to feel something, even fear, strangely makes me feel better. The closer it gets, the faster my heart beats. Is this the end? Will I have to stop searching? I didn't think it would end like this.

I found myself staring into the eyes of a creature. But this isn't what I was expecting. It looks like me. No, I've seen my reflection, and this was not it. This thing looks like me, but it's not my reflection. What are you?

"Hello."

It speaks?

"Um, are you alone out here?"

What?

"I've never seen you before. Are you going to Juin'dar?"

"Not much of I talker are you? Do you have a name?"

"Henrik."

"Well Henrik, I'm Babou."

"This Juin'dar... What is it?"

"Uh, It's a lake. I've heard it's near here. I've been traveling for a long time now to get there."

"You're alone?"

"Yeah, for a while now. I was starting to think I'd never see anyone else again. Pretty dumb, huh?"

Why is he smiling? He doesn't know me. I'd be more careful about coming across a stranger like this. Maybe he's just happy to see someone else. I guess am too.

"Hey, do you wanna come with me?"

"What?"

"Come with me. It'll be fun; we'll be traveling buddies."

"Look, I don't really know you..."

"And I don't know you. So we should get to know each other, and what better way to do that than traveling together? I'd rather travel with you and deal with the consequences, than have to be alone anymore."

"You make a good point."

"So, you'll go with me?"

Yes, yes I will.
Last edited by Cougar28 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Livestream: Off

Cougar28

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ianthe - Are we forgetting something?

Postby Pine. » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:24 am

Username:
Pine

Name:
Ianthe, a name meaning violet

Personality:
A rather calm and collected male, Ianthe tends to want to be lazy, but he has one big issue. Something in his mind always makes him feel as though he has forgotten something. That constant nagging feeling is ever present in his day to day, and he believes it to be perhaps something in a past life. It only really bothers him when he is not doing much of anything or resting, though when it does it annoys him immensely and he will keep himself as busy as possible to get rid of that persistant feeling. Other than that, Ianthe is relatively kind, though not necessarily friendly, preferring to be alone rather than to make friends or speak with others. He also tends to ignore people or pretend he is deaf when deep in thought, just so they won't break his chain of ideas and waste his time, which makes others usually think of him as rude, which I can't say he's not.

Story:
"Don't forget about it."
"Don't forget"

"Forget... What am I forgetting. What was this 'it' I had to remember? Was it tangible? Intangible? If it was tangible, was it something I had owned? Or if it was intangible, was it a feeling?" my mind processed quickly as it shot through yet another round of twenty questions, once again leading to the same answer, "if 'it' was that important, would I have forgotten?" Letting out a deep sigh, I relaxed and rolled my eyes, unable to believe I had, for the hundredth time, tried to figure out what 'it' was despite myself being perfectly content. It nagged at the back of my mind at times of relaxation most often, though I usually dismissed it and tried to go about my day, not allowing for the ridiculous distraction it provided. Standing up lazily, I shook out my crest and continued onward into the forest, fed up with the obnoxious thoughts that ran about my head. A sudden sweeping brilliance took over my vision and I fell back in fear, believing it to be some sort of enemy, though it was nothing of the sort, at least I hoped it wasn't. The pulsating light was calming and even delightful and warm, but not only that, it was also familiar.It was not 'it' but carried the same idea, something similar enough and for those moments, I felt relief from the feeling of forgetting. I watched it closely, following along as it led to a small clearing with one of the clearest pools of water I had ever seen, the light disappearing below the surface and leaving me alone once more. As curious as I was, I knew I had to get home before dark and the light was fading fast, so I decided to return tomorrow. I was determined to find out if this had a connection to whatever "it" was, glancing back over my shoulder as I trotted off into the woods once more, rushing home to write everything down in case I decided to forget that as well. Though I hoped my mind would stay intact for one night.
"It" was closer than ever before and I couldn't give my thoughts up that easily.
Last edited by Pine. on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Art State wrote:Commissions:
-Closed
Art Trades:
-Closed
Requests:
-Closed
My Links wrote:Ask.fm:
-X
DeviantArt:
-X
Ceirals:
X
No longer on chickensmoothie, please contact me via deviantart

Pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HutchtheHeinous » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:26 am

WIP

Username:
Hello there, my name is duckwingz. I have now been on CS happily for over four years. My name first came from my Webkinz account back in the day. I have seemed to grow fond of it over the years and almost never use other names. I am also known as Duck Quack.

Name:

"Hello, my name is Kyanite. A splintery blue mineral thats name derives from the Greek word Kuanos meaning "deep blue". It is commonly crafted into beautiful peices of jewelry and other expensive items."

"I am indeed a male and hope that no one thinks otherwise. Although I may enjoy resting in flowers and eating wonderful decorated foods, I am still very male-like in other ways."

Personality:

"Well, I suppose I am quite interested in scientific knowledge and husitorical studies. I can be quiet tempered at times but am supposibly a loving Pseuodo. I am not a super big fan of sports and whatnot, as long as I'm not the one playing it. Other times I might enjoy sitting down infront of the television and watching a nice game of baseball. Alot of the time I may get caught up with my studies, but I'm attempting to stop that to have time with my friends."

Story:

First Steps
The young Pseudo lay beside his mothers belly in the soft feathery bed, his head wet from her damp tongue grooming his fur. He attempted standing up but mother put her paw on his back for he had not yet opened his eyes. " Now now Kyanite, wait until the time comes." She smiled as she licked his cheek. Kyanite yawned and sat up. "But mamma..." he whined. "Shhh, go to sleep."
Kyanite woke with a start, slowly flickering his eyes open. "Mamma, mamma, I can see!" he looked around, his mother nowhere to be seen. "Momma?"...
Last edited by HutchtheHeinous on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚣𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚢.
HutchtheHeinous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:29 am

Username:
Name:
Personality:
Story:

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby monty » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:30 am

congrats uvu
Last edited by monty on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
dfafhfdsfdsfsdfdsaImage
Flight Rising
dA
My characters
[////////]
[ <== sig art] - [avatar]

hi i'm danny, your average
five year old. i'm a huge
human right's activist and
i'm really into psychology
and creating characters.
call me dan or danny please