Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Skyloze Adopts - Posting open - Marking allowed by SilverSamurai

Based on Click to view
Artist SilverSamurai [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Skyloze Adopts - Posting open - Marking allowed

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:35 am

Hello, and welcome to...
Species (c) Me
Lines (c) SilverSamurai

|| Archive || Breeding || Staff Skyloze || Growths ||

Our mascot, Lamb, is here to say hi! Welcome xxx

So, what is a Skyloze?

Skyloze appear to be a hybrid of a wolf and a jellyfish. It is a species that originates from Poland and was said to have mutated thousands of years ago. In that time, the species has been evolving. Once said to have been able to fit in a tea cup, now their heads resemble the size of big jellyfish. They stand much taller than any human, being as big as Blue Whales.
Their unique features are the tail that sprouts from their backs and the hair-like manes that sprout from their necks. The manes and tails are actually made from the same material as jellyfish. The tails and manes are made from tentacles that can cause serious damage, if wounds aren't treated. However, owners do not have to worry. The tentacle stingers can only harm once the Skyloze has been agitated. This happens in two cases:
~ When hunting.
~ When defending another Skyloze from harm.
There are also a few differences between male and female Skyloze. Females have long, tentacles that form their mane. The manes are so long that the tentacles wrap around the front feet. This does not trip them up when walking. Their hair is used when they breed, wrapping around the offspring when born and coating the pups in the jellyfish-like gloop that protects the babies. Where as males have short manes that are only there to protect their heads from the cold.
The male and female tails are nearly exactly the same, except for one difference. Males have extra stingers inside their tails that look similar to snakes. They only use these in mating season. If they meet a female they want to have as a mate and another male has chosen the same female too, the males will fight a duel, using only the stingers. they will jab at each other, until one faints. But don't worry! They don't kill! They just make them go unconscious for a few minutes.
Skyloze's diet consist of salmon. Ten big salmon can keep a Skyloze going for a week, before they need feeding again. Despite their size!
Skyloze are very caring creatures. They choose they owners, by who they bond most with. So be nice and caring to your Skyloze!

How big are they?

Newborn/Baby: Average Foal
Teen: Average Pony
Adult Female: Arabian Horse
Adult Male: Draft Horse

Rules

Basic Rules
- You may only adopt up to 5 Skyloze (in total).
- You may only have 2 Skyloze that have come from a nursery batch. (Not applicable yet, will be in place when nursery batches are released)
- Permanent Artists (PAs) can have 6 adopted Skyloze and one custom (7 in total) - Staff, please post your customs in Staff Customs once created
-Give me and my artists respect toward our decisions, it is rude to shout or argue.
-Customs are not open for now and might not ever be. Keep your eyes peeled!
-Do not ask to be a guest artist/artist/mod unless the applications are open.
-You may not sell your Skylozies!
- You may not give away your Skylozies either. Though if you prove to me that the person who wants it, want it's badly enough for you to give them the Skyloze, then I may let you.
-Let me know of all Skyloze gift lines. You may create gift lines even if you don't own one. All gift lines will be used somehow.
-Skyloze are allowed to be a commonly used character, but NOT your Fursona! Please keep that in mind x
-Your Skylozecan only breed in mating season in the nursery. (Not yet open) NEVER breed it with a character that is not a Skyloze.
-DO NOT steal the name 'Skyloze', any Skylozies owned by other CS users, or the concept. Do not make a character that highly resembles a Skyloze, and do not make a character that is one.
- Do not complain if you don't win the Skyloze you applied for. The decision of the artists and I are ours alone to make. Whining will just anger us.

Item Rules
- If the artists says it is allowed, when the Skyloze is first made, then if you are chosen and you did choose for the Skyloze to have an item, then the artist will add you on to the 'Colour me in' list and you can add the items.
- The item should relate to their design.
- The item is not aloud to be attached to the mane/tail.
- There will be NO line edits if you request them after winning the Skyloze. Line edits are only made when the artist is designing the Skyloze.
- Re-vamping any look of your Skyloze is ABSOLUTELY not permitted. EVER.
- The items are allowed to be plushies, though if you have a plushie, you are allowed no other item.
- Your Skyloze may have a pet, however it will be allowed no items, and it will have to be a rare+ Skyloze.

PA rules (Permanent Artist)
- No copying designs, from anywhere! If I find you have, you will be stripped of your role as an artist and be given a ban.
- Every Skyloze you make will be classified as a Common, or Uncommon Skyloze. (Not based off a series, CS pet, has no major line edits, etc). The only way to make a Rare+ Skyloze is if I notice your creations so far are unique. Only then will you be able to make one Rare+ until I say you can make another one. Before making the Rare+, please PM the design you have planned.
- You may not ever edit the mane lines, or the tail lines. Ever.
- Every 50th Skyloze will be a Rare. I will allocate the artist to do each one. If you notice it is one Skyloze away from a 50th one, then DON'T make a new Skyloze yet! Simple x
- You may not make customs for anyone yet, however you may make 1 for yourself.

GA Rules (Guest Artist)
- Most PA rules apply!
- You will be a GA for two weeks and will get to make 2 Skyloze. This may change.
- If I think your designs are good enough, there is a chance I will promote you to PA.
- You may not make any customs.
- You are allowed the same amount of Skylozies as any other person that isn't a PA.

Mod Rules
- No being rude to anyone. If someone is rude to you, then report them if you wish.
- Marking is allowed, it is not spam!
- Please give gentle warnings, we don't want to scare anyone off :3
- Mid-modding is not allowed, so please do warn people if they start mid-modding.
- You may not give strikes/bans. Please alert me if you think someone deserves to have a strike/ban.

Breeding and growth rules
Not needed yet, as breeding is not allowed yet and we have no nursery! Check back soon to see if we do!

Strikes and Bans

If you have a ban and you currently have no Skyloze, that means you won't be able to adopt Skyloze ever in the future, unless I remove your ban. If you have a ban and you currently have Skyloze, your Skyloze will be taken away.

If you get 5 strikes, you will get a ban.

Luckily, there are no strikes and bans.

Extra information

Inner Souls
Every Skyloze has an Inner Soul. An Inner Soul makes a Skyloze what it is.
When each Skyloze is born, it is wrapped in a ball of gloop, that looks simulaur to a jellyfish. Whilst they are in this gloop, they tend to spend all the time sleeping. In this time, they do not need any food. When they awake, they will have transformed into a teen and based on what happened when they where sleep, their design will have formed.
Whilst they are sleeping, they dream. The dreams are affected by what's around them, what noises they hear when they're sleeping, if someone fall over them/bumps into them when they're sleeping, etc. If the place they where born in is peaceful, then they tend to have a bright, cheerful,nature themed, cool coloured, pastel, etc design. However if the place they where born is disturbing then they tend to have a dark, creepy, nightmare themed, night themed, spooky, etc design.

If you get your Skyloze as a pup, your artist will write a few sentences a day to described what has happened that day, concerning the pup, so you will get to know the pup. Every day, a pattern will get clearer and clearer on the gloop. This is partly what the Skyloze will look like when it becomes a teen and it's pattern fully grows (then grows even more as an adult)

How it works...

Before adopting, you'll have to know a few things. First, you need to read EVERYTHING on this topic (on the front page). Including the rules that you think don't apply to you. You may need to know them in the future,
Then it comes to the actual adopting
Now let's get to the layout of adopting. When you adopt, you may notice something in the top, right hand corner of the Skyloze you want. It looks like this:
Though it'll have different colours. Starting from left-to right:
- First Dot (First section): This is the eye colour of the Skyloze
- Second dot to sixth dot (Second section): This is the colours used on the body of the Skyloze. More dots may be added in this section if needed.
- Seventh dot to ninth dot (Third section); This is the colours used on the tail and hair (also including the stinger on males). More dots may be added in this section if needed.
- Tenth dot (paw print): This is the colour of the Skyloze's paw.
- Line underneath: All of the colours used in the adoptable, mixed together.

Ways to adopt

To adopt a Skyloze, it's not very simple.
People flock from all over the world to obtain these species. And there are only a few ways to get them.

-One way is to fill in a form. Simple really, however it doesn't give you very high chances - Unless you give it lots of extras (art,stories,poems,animation,etc.)
-Another way it to fill in a form, along with a bidding price. Such as CS pets, C$, art, characters, etc. (The winning bids always go towards the artist)
-The last way is only available if you have an account on DA: Filling in a form and bidding with DA points. (The winning bids always go to the artist)

Forms

GA Form - CLOSED :
Code: Select all
I WANT TO BE A GA!
Username:
Normal design of your own (one of your latest ones, or one of your okay latest ones):
Detailed design of your own one of your latest best ones):
Tablet or mouse user?:
Do you know how to use lock alpha?:
Are you good at using your mouse/tablet?:
How often are you online?
If asked, would you become a PA?:
Will you do your best with designs (be honest please):

PA Form - OPEN:
Code: Select all
I WANT TO BE A PA!
Username:
Normal design of your own (one of your latest ones, or one of your okay latest ones):
Detailed design of your own (one of your latest best ones):
Tablet or mouse user?:
How often are you online (required to make at least one a week):
What drew you to this species?:

Staff

Owner
JapaneseQueen

----------

Head Artist & Line Artist
SilverSamarai

----------

Artists
None yet

----------

Guest Artists
None yet

----------

Mods
JapaneseQueen
SilverSamarai

Note

If the design of the species, or this topic seems any way familiar to a species you know/own, please PM me. I have purely based this off my imagination and do not want to upset anyone!
Last edited by JapaneseQueen on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Skyloze Adopts - Posting open - Marking allowed

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 am

I WANT TO BE A PA!

Username:
~The Furry~
X
Detailed design of your own (one of your latest best ones):
X
Tablet or mouse user?:
I am a mouse user
Yes I use it pretty often while I'm doing adoptables
I am pretty good, I have more examples in my gallery
How often are you online (required to make at least one a week):
I am online everyday for a few hours unless I have something else going on
I promise to do my best <3
I think these are ADORABLE <3 I found them in your gallery and was like Adorable 83 Must see if they have artist spots!!
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaisisles » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:01 am

JapaneseQueen wrote:Thank you for your form :3 All PA and GA artists will be revealed after there are enough forms x

I will be applying soon, and I am currently on mobile. Are reserves possible? I wa t to be a part of tnis <3
kaisisles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSamurai » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:00 pm

first four Skyloze are up- two male and two female~

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:06 pm

I WANT TO BE A PA!
Username:
-- Chainsaw --
But you can call me Kayler or Pi
Normal design of your own:
xXx
Detailed design of your own:
xXx and xXx
Tablet or mouse user?:
I use a laptop touchpad right now, but I'll be getting a Wacom Cintiq 13HD tablet soon(within the next day or so). uwu
Yup!
Well I feel kinda rude judging myself on this, but I would say yes.
How often are you online:
At least once a day
Will you do your best with designs:
Of course!
The pose, the tail, i don't really know. It's just a really beautiful species with a unique concept and I'd love to be part of it. <3 They're also drawn beautifully and cleanly, which makes them all that more appealing and definitely will make them easier to design on. :3
    ImageImage
    π•­π–Š 𝖔𝖓 π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–Žπ–‰π–Š 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 π–˜π–†π–›π–Šπ–˜ π–•π–Šπ–”π–•π–‘π–Š

π•­π–Šπ–ˆπ–”π–’π–Š 𝖆 π–Œπ–”π–”π–‰ 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:57 pm

I WANT TO BE A PA!
Username: Charboo

Just for a notice i do more natural colorations.

Normal design of your own :
Clicky
Clicky
Clicky
Clicky
Clicky
Detailed design of your own:
Clicky
Clicky
Clicky
Tablet or mouse user?: Mouse
Do you know how to use lock alpha?: Yes, who doesn't? Haha!
Are you good at using your mouse/tablet?: Yes, look at my gallery!
How often are you online (required to make at least one a week): Just about everyday each week.
Will you do your best with designs (be honest please): Yes. It's an artist's job to make there best designs.
What drew you to this species?: There beautiful canine built body with their really pretty hair and the amazing tail!
She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
β™₯ || β™₯
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

↑ Pixels done by Sun bear. ↑
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSamurai » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:56 am

New one up for adoption~

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:04 am

Beautiful species! Definitly trying out for one.
Status wrote:Who's excited to study fly intestines?
Me! I'm excited to study flies! (I
swear it's more interesting than it
sounds.)
Dragon Cave wrote:Image Image Image Image Image

Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:55 am

Hey Queen!! I have a question for you.

I am the owner of Furae Adopts and I was wandering if you'd like to become Affiliates??
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nazghuls » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:06 am

I WANT TO BE A PA!
Username:DestinyDragons
Normal design of your own (one of your latest ones, or one of your okay latest ones):http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2403307
Detailed design of your own (one of your latest best ones):http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2290401 andhttp://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum ... &t=2402510
Tablet or mouse user?: Both. XD i have the Intuos Manga, but i'm most comfortable using that for sketches and the mouse for coloring.
Do you know how to use lock alpha?: Yes
Are you good at using your mouse/tablet?: Yes
How often are you online (required to make at least one a week): Every day as of late. XD
Will you do your best with designs (be honest please):Yes, of course!
What drew you to this species?:I really like the concept.... really really cool! Also, there's a lot of design potential. (in my opinion)
nazghuls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me