Time spent 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

CWHR: Imported

Postby teresa8oats » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Arrows wrote:
The Script wrote:You could go distance, you can run the mile

[stating in advance, this boy is a dream for me, for sure. i'm in love with this gorgeous guy <3]
Owner: Arrows
Show Name: Hero To My Rescue
Barn Name: Lionheart
Height: 14.3 HH
Personality: Lionheart is an optimistic and brave stallion. He is very inquisitive and open-minded. He has a big heart and is constantly trying to be a people-pleaser. He happens to be a bit of a thrill-seeker with a knack for getting into trouble. Lionheart is sometimes a bit overly proud. He has a wonderful sense of wonder and likes to learn. This stallion likes to always be doing something and likes to work. He is quite OCD, meaning he likes things in place. Lionheart tends to be very prepared and takes everything thrown at him head on. He often acts older than he is and is very poised.
Color: Sooty Dappled Dun
Breed: Aegidienberger
Behind the Name: "Lionheart" is a synonym to hero. I had no clue what to name this guy. I wanted something fitting. I have been writing up some names for future horses, and I found the show name "Hero To My Rescue" tucked away. However, I didn't have a barn name for the guy now! "Hero" was too simple and predictable - it's a nice name, just a bit overused. So I found a synonym - Lionheart - of course, I liked the sound and it seemed to be a decent fit to him.
Discipline: Lionheart is a lovely show jumper - he is quite good, as well, and it is his passion.
History: Born with prestigious bloodlines, Lionheart should've been sold for a high price and gone on to be a champ. His life didn't turn out as planned when he was bought at a yearling auction by a man obsessed with gambling. This man was certain and dead-set on training Lionheart to be a champion stallion. He however knew little about horses, and only had the money for one from gambling winnings. Luckily, the colt only spent a month there - an anti-animal abuse society found the colt neglected and confiscated him. When the organization finally retrieved his papers, they were surprised and confused on how such an incompetent man got such a prestigious horse. They kept and began to train Lionheart, only giving him foster homes occasionally. Four years later, Lionheart was a fine stallion ready to make his mark on the world. The owner of the organization deemed him ready for adoption, but didn't want him adopted out in Germany. The owner decided to not allow history repeat itself on his watch, so he made arrangements for Lionheart to head to America. From there, the owner had connections with some Cottonwood members, and it was soon agreed that CWHR would adopt the stallion out. The owner, about to part ways with the Lionheart, wished the horse luck and was promised that he would be safe and would be adopted out to a knowledgable and decent owner.
Story: Loaded onto a plane going to the US with his proper papers and other documentations, Lionheart was prepared for the journey of a lifetime.
- - -

I am sweating and scared out of my wits - what's wrong with me? The zone I am in is dim and confining. I can't see much outside of my area. There is hay and water for me, and soft bedding. Feeling a bit dizzy, I try to close my eyes and am dimly aware of movement. It is slow, but the noise is thunderous. I glance around wild-eyed at the walls. The noise rumbles on as the movement accelerates, so much I feel myself pressed against the wall. Unable to get a clear sense of direction, I focus on my breathing and feel an upward motion.

It soon levels out, and, although still shaky, I feel a bit better. I cautiously drink, but decide against eating. I don't know how long I will be in here, nor how long I can stand it.
- - -

It seems like a century has passed by the time the movement stops. We first curve down, then there are multiple bumps and the speed slows. I am thankful when it is all over. My small stall is opened and I am pulled out. The bright day first blinds me, and I resist until my eyes adjust, and my handler allows me to do so. I become infuriated when I am led to a trailer. More traveling? No thank you. I don't know where I am, but I am not getting in there.

A stranger gets out of the truck the trailer is hitched to while I throw my tantrum. She takes the rope from the handler and stands with a tight grip while I work out my problems. Finding myself going no where, I snort and stop to circle the lady holding me. I have my ears pinned, but she takes the rope and draws me closer to her. I strike at her, and she dodges and jerks the rope to scold me. I stop briefly, and in that time I find myself being stroked by the stranger.

She talks in a soothing voice that makes me want to fall asleep. I am so drained I have no energy to resist and flare out more anger. The lady pulls me closer to the trailer, and I try to weakly tug against but finally give up. I obediently load the trailer and watch her hook me onto a tie and close the barrier. Then she closes the trailer door and walks to her truck, past my window.

I realize there is a horse beside me and struggle to look at him. He is an older horse, and seems quiet. The horse exchanges a hello to me and gives me comfort. I feel safer with him there, although we do not speak much. I still feel his occasional tail flick and his flank and enjoy his presence. As the truck and trailer rumble off, I fall into a light sleep and shut out the noise.
- - -

I awake when we stop and I hear the doors open. My lead rope is clipped on and the same lady takes me out of the trailer. We walk towards a huge barn with smaller barns and many other buildings. I can't imagine why I'm here. Once more I find the older male beside me, being walked by a different handler. I am taken into the largest barn and placed in a huge stall, between the same male and a quiet mare.

I am wide awake now, despite feeling a bit burnt out. I pace in the stall till my legs are jello and I feel half-dead. I take a long drink of water and eat some hay, but then sink to the sweet ground and sleep.
- - -

I awake to two feminine voices. I stand to find two ladies talking while watching me. I shake out my coat and cautiously walk to the stall window to get a better look. I recognize the woman from yesterday, but she stands with a new lady I don't know. The new person immediately comes to me and sticks out her hand. I sniff it, snort, and lower my head as if deeming her able to stroke me. She laughs a melodic laugh and pets me for a while while she continues the conversation with the other lady. I pick up on a few things.

"He's gorgeous," The new lady states.

"Oh, isn't he?" The woman from yesterday replies.

"Where'd he come from?"

"Gemany. I'm not sure why, but he was sent specifically to Cottonwood to be adopted out here."

"Why couldn't he just be adopted out there?"

"No clue. But I do know he'll be put up for adoption in a month."

"Hmm. Well, maybe I'll just have to come back, yes? It can't hurt to have another."

"Yes, why not? What's one more when you have, what, eighty-something?" The woman I first met laughs. The other lady winks at me. The two then walk off and their voices fade.
- - -

I am checked on in regular intervals throughout the day. It's pretty boring, but I heard something about "quarantine".
- - -

Two weeks later, I am set free in pasture with the older male from my first day and a stallion closer to my age. I enjoy the company and being able to eat and stretch my legs freely. It is a wonderful day.
- - -

Two weeks after that, I have been settled into "Cottonwood" for a month now. I hear a lot about "Adoption Day" and wonder about it. I find out when I am led into a small crowd of people who jump at the sight of me. I spot the two woman from that day at my stall, and am placed at a small stall where people can see me.

A man speaks loudly to the crowd. "Welcome! Today, we have a very special stallions. He comes from Germany and is five years old. His bloodlines are wonderful, and he is indeed a purebred. This is Lionheart." The man gestures to me. "Official adoption papers are in the office, and you can pick them up. You can turn them in today or mail them by Friday. We will be deciding who Lionheart will be owned by in roughly two weeks. He will be in this stall for all to see him for only about thirty minutes. Good luck!"

I don't understand all of what he said, but I just know that I will soon have a forever home, I hope.
- - -

Today is the day my new owner will be decided, I think. I am anxious myself, but haven't picked up much from anyone about my adoption. I don't know what will happen for sure, but I know it'll be another journey.

Theme Song: Hall Of Fame - The Script

The Script wrote:You could be the hero, you could get the gold

This beautiful stallion was a imported from Germany, as a gift to CWHR. They asked that this boy would be given to only the best
of owners. You may add anything you want to your form, extras or prettying up. ONE PEICE OF ART MAX. You may choose the breed, but I will look it up and make sure it is acceptable for the color, orgin, etc.

Code: Select all
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Stallion
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Color:[/b] Sooty Dappled Dun
Last edited by teresa8oats on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏───────────────────────┓

linklinklink

Signature Credit || art above by PollyPoos || art on left by ty_tay

┖───────────────────────┚
W E L C O M E
┏───────────────────────┓
CWHR

Text text text text text text
Text text text text text text

┖───────────────────────┚
T O........C O T T O N W O O D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Imported

Postby .Live.Love.Laugh. » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 pm

gorgeous. <3
.Live.Love.Laugh.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orse » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Dropping out sorry. I lost connection, and I just don't have the time. Sorry D:
Last edited by orse on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:38 pm

owner: TimeLord~Jedi
      show name: Commander Of His Fleet
      barn name: Captain
      height: 16.3 hh
      personality: Captain is very well-mannered for a stallion as young as himself. He pays full attention to his handlers and doesn't allow himself to get distracted by other horses. He's a hard worker and just wants to please. Captain is loyal and respectful, but he expects the same from others. If you fail to do this don't expect any warmth from him. He's very polite to others whom he gets along with however, and is a very good friend whose willing to listen. He's very humble and courteous. You can't expect any arrogance from him.
      color: Sooty Dappled Dun
      breed: Bavarian Warmblood

story: Captain grew up on a coastal horse farm in Germany, so the salty sea air became a familiar, homely scent to him. He took his first gallop in a cliff top pasture overlooking the blue ocean, and grazed to the powerful noise of the waves crashing on the rocks below. The sea was his friend, and he had to be kept from charging into the waves when he was occasionally ridden down on the beach. However in those rare moments where he was allowed to do whatever he pleased, he wasted no time in diving in. The foam stuck in his mane and tail when he splashed, which earned him a good bath when he returned to the farm. Those were the memories he played back in his mind while he quietly waited to be loaded onto the ship to go to his new home across the Atlantic in America. The Midwest. Landlocked and separated from his precious ocean...Perhaps it was like saying goodbye to a security blanket. A bittersweet farewell, but a necessary one. He was moving onto a new chapter of his life, with new friends, experiences, and adventures. Some unfortunately had to be left behind.

Besides, the sea would be accompanying him on his long trip. It wasn't goodbye quite yet.

One of the ship's crew members came over to where he was standing in a holding pen, opened the gate, and lead him up to the ramp onto the ship. He walked right into the ship without complaint, but stopped when a shrill whinny broke the calm bustle of the crowded docks. A flash of silver caught his eye as a mare suddenly reared up above the crowd, which gave her a wide arc. Another crew member was struggling to hold her steady, but the small man was dragged to the ground when she darted off down the docks out of blind fear. A mother and her two small children stood right in the path of the petrified mare, with nowhere to go.

Captain acted fast, in a swift movement he broke away from his handler in a rare act of disobedience, and he ran into the path of the other horse, blocking her from accidentally injuring the small family. The mare's chest was heaving, and her gaze darted around as she struggled to gain her bearings. When she realized what she'd almost done she looked horrified. "Oh my word...I-I..." She stammered.

Captain's gaze was warm and sympathetic. "I know, it's stressful. But you'll be fine. Freaking out is only going to make it worse." He murmured to her. She looked a little skeptical about taking advice from a complete stranger, but eventually she nodded and allowed herself to be lead towards the ship. Captain watched as she disappeared through the darkened cargo hold back to where the on board stalls were at, hoping she kept calm and didn't end up harming herself or anyone else. This was a dangerous time for those who were inexperienced with travel.

The stalls on the ship were never as good as the ones in an actual barn. The white walls were cold and bleak, a big change from the cozy wooden stalls back home. However Captain was thankful for a window this time around. He was glued to it as soon as they shut the stall door behind him. Though it was merely a porthole, he could still see the blue water just fine. It was going to be a good trip.

That is until he heard a constant pounding noise from the stall next door, which had a tiny barred window connecting the two. Captain was a tolerant boy, but he knew that the pounding would get old soon. And some of the horses around him might not be the friendliest or most patient bunch. He had a feeling he knew which horse was doing it too. He walked over to the window and looked down into the stall next to him, and saw the silver mare from earlier pawing at the floor of her stall. A nervous habit easily recognized by an experienced traveler. He gave a sad smile. "You're lucky you got me next door, you know. Other horses might not take too kindly to that." He commented. The mare jumped slightly, looking over at him. Suddenly a glare formed in her gaze. "Yeah? Well what makes you so special?" She growled, turning her back to him, head hanging in a corner. Captain merely flicked an ear, not put off by her slightly rude behavior at all. "Well believe it or not once upon a time I was in your position too. Traveling overseas for the first time is frightening, I know. But I've been on this ship before, and I can tell you that without a doubt it is the most structurally sound vessel in these waters, and the smoothest ride you can possibly get."

"Do you practice that speech for everyone you meet, on every ship you get on?" She hissed. "This is my first I've time ever even encountered the ocean! And they expect to shove me onto a tin can traveling across it all the way to my new home in another country and have me to be perfectly fine!" She exclaimed.

Captain chuckled. "Because you will be. Did you not notice that the ship is already in motion?"

"WHAT?!" The mare shouted, going over to her own window and watching them slowly pull away from the docks. She locked her legs, searching for any type of movement that would show that the ship was moving, but she felt none.

"I-I could hardly tell...This ship is too big to feel hardly anything." She murmured. Captain grinned. "See what I mean by a smooth ride? What's your name by the way, miss?"

She blinked over at him, part of her still refusing to admit he was right. "You can call me Songbird." She answered slowly. "You?" Songbird questioned. "You can call me Captain." He replied. Songbird's expression grew weary. "Oh that's just rich." She groaned.

Captain's grin turned even wider at the thought of being able to get to know this sassy mare. She amused him. Songbird could already feel the minutes ticking by slower.

It was going to be a long trip.
      ------------------

Songbird chuckled to herself, playing back the recent memory of her trip. It really wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be, and to be honest she felt a little silly being so frightened....Just not as silly as she felt when some sea foam came flying her way when Captain was splashing around in the Atlantic one last time before the next leg of their journey. As it turns out they were both being sent to the same place, some quiet little ranch off in the Midwest called Manteca Creek....

She was going to have to get used to Captain's constant happy personality. It was a little annoying at times but she supposed she should envy him for always being positive.

"Come on Songbird! The water is fine!"

She supposed that she should have known as soon as they were brought to the beach to stretch their legs after the trip that he'd make a beeline to the water, his soaked lead rope trailed alongside him as he crashed through the waves. The cool water lapped at her hooves, suddenly giving her new energy. And Captain's grin was just to welcoming.

In a flash she broke away from her handler and darted into the waves after him, whinnying into the salty sea breeze. The two galloped through the water, chased each other along the beach with their handlers in pursuit, with no idea that they're trailer had arrived and was ready for them to be loaded in for the long drive home.

Last edited by Timey on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
Timey here! Fan of far
too many things to list.
Proud Fuze/Mute main.

≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
ImageImage
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾
HoC's xxxCWHR xxx ✘Link
✘Link xxx
© xxx ✘Link
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾Image
✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
Timey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tynahi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Beautiful! I just don't have enough time to give him justice. Good luck to all! <3
Last edited by Tynahi on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cooper. » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Owner: cooper.
Show Name: The Champion of My World
Barn Name: Euro
Height: Westphalian
Personality: Euro is calm and determined, this is wip
Last edited by cooper. on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    this life is so simple yet so complicated...
    that it makes people want to leave this earth.
    with their bodies as our only remainder and our
    memories a broken mirror of the past.

i know you don't remember... but this,
    this place, this riverbank, this broken memory.
    this is one of the pieces of you that you miss.
    this is my broken bliss.

your name is etched into me.
    i am your walking tribute.
    a walking scrapbook if you please,
    filled with broken memories.

i will always be,
    remembering you.
    remembering cooper.

ask.fm . [url]cwhr[/url] . [url]forms[/url] .
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Ha, I'm German :)
Good luck, guys ^^
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Illusionist » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Owner:
Illusionist
Show Name:
Dr. Faust's Tragedy
Barn Name:
Faust
Height:
15.6 hh
Personality:
Being a uncommonly colored horse of a very rare and extremly old breed, Faust was always very well treated, almost petted. Luckily he isn't the kind of horse that becomes incalcuably and agressive by this kind of special treatment, but it would be a lie to say that Faust isnt a bit capricious. He is a bit picky about everything, not only his fodder and herbage but also the humans and horses he likes and interacts with. And these are few. If Faust dislikes somebody he will show it more evident than whoever he dislikes would want to know, of course, he will never kick out or behave agressive in any way, but he will be uncoooperative and obstinate and might leave the person with a slight feeling of third-rateness. But once Faust has found someone he likes and truts he will be an unintrusive and well focused horse that has all qualities of a good listener and a good friend.
Color:
Sooty Dappled Dun
Breed:
Senne Horse
Last edited by Illusionist on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Illusionist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:08 am

Owner: ty_tay
Show Name: Alte Tranen (Ancient Tears)
Barn Name: Antik (Ancient)
Breed: Trakehner
Height: 16.2
Personality:
Last edited by ty_tay on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrows » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:06 am

The Script wrote:You could go distance, you can run the mile

[stating in advance, this boy is a dream for me, for sure. i'm in love with this gorgeous guy <3]
Owner: Arrows
Show Name: Hero To My Rescue
Barn Name: Lionheart
Height: 14.3 HH
Personality: Lionheart is an optimistic and brave stallion. He is very inquisitive and open-minded. He has a big heart and is constantly trying to be a people-pleaser. He happens to be a bit of a thrill-seeker with a knack for getting into trouble. Lionheart is sometimes a bit overly proud. He has a wonderful sense of wonder and likes to learn. This stallion likes to always be doing something and likes to work. He is quite OCD, meaning he likes things in place. Lionheart tends to be very prepared and takes everything thrown at him head on. He often acts older than he is and is very poised.
Breed: Aegidienberger
Behind the Name: "Lionheart" is a synonym to hero. I had no clue what to name this guy. I wanted something fitting. I have been writing up some names for future horses, and I found the show name "Hero To My Rescue" tucked away. However, I didn't have a barn name for the guy now! "Hero" was too simple and predictable - it's a nice name, just a bit overused. So I found a synonym - Lionheart - of course, I liked the sound and it seemed to be a decent fit to him.
Discipline: Lionheart is a lovely show jumper - he is quite good, as well, and it is his passion.
History: Born with prestigious bloodlines, Lionheart should've been sold for a high price and gone on to be a champ. His life didn't turn out as planned when he was bought at a yearling auction by a man obsessed with gambling. This man was certain and dead-set on training Lionheart to be a champion stallion. He however knew little about horses, and only had the money for one from gambling winnings. Luckily, the colt only spent a month there - an anti-animal abuse society found the colt neglected and confiscated him. When the organization finally retrieved his papers, they were surprised and confused on how such an incompetent man got such a prestigious horse. They kept and began to train Lionheart, only giving him foster homes occasionally. Four years later, Lionheart was a fine stallion ready to make his mark on the world. The owner of the organization deemed him ready for adoption, but didn't want him adopted out in Germany. The owner decided to not allow history repeat itself on his watch, so he made arrangements for Lionheart to head to America. From there, the owner had connections with some Cottonwood members, and it was soon agreed that CWHR would adopt the stallion out. The owner, about to part ways with the Lionheart, wished the horse luck and was promised that he would be safe and would be adopted out to a knowledgable and decent owner.
Story: Loaded onto a plane going to the US with his proper papers and other documentations, Lionheart was prepared for the journey of a lifetime.
- - -

I am sweating and scared out of my wits - what's wrong with me? The zone I am in is dim and confining. I can't see much outside of my area. There is hay and water for me, and soft bedding. Feeling a bit dizzy, I try to close my eyes and am dimly aware of movement. It is slow, but the noise is thunderous. I glance around wild-eyed at the walls. The noise rumbles on as the movement accelerates, so much I feel myself pressed against the wall. Unable to get a clear sense of direction, I focus on my breathing and feel an upward motion.

It soon levels out, and, although still shaky, I feel a bit better. I cautiously drink, but decide against eating. I don't know how long I will be in here, nor how long I can stand it.
- - -

It seems like a century has passed by the time the movement stops. We first curve down, then there are multiple bumps and the speed slows. I am thankful when it is all over. My small stall is opened and I am pulled out. The bright day first blinds me, and I resist until my eyes adjust, and my handler allows me to do so. I become infuriated when I am led to a trailer. More traveling? No thank you. I don't know where I am, but I am not getting in there.

A stranger gets out of the truck the trailer is hitched to while I throw my tantrum. She takes the rope from the handler and stands with a tight grip while I work out my problems. Finding myself going no where, I snort and stop to circle the lady holding me. I have my ears pinned, but she takes the rope and draws me closer to her. I strike at her, and she dodges and jerks the rope to scold me. I stop briefly, and in that time I find myself being stroked by the stranger.

She talks in a soothing voice that makes me want to fall asleep. I am so drained I have no energy to resist and flare out more anger. The lady pulls me closer to the trailer, and I try to weakly tug against but finally give up. I obediently load the trailer and watch her hook me onto a tie and close the barrier. Then she closes the trailer door and walks to her truck, past my window.

I realize there is a horse beside me and struggle to look at him. He is an older horse, and seems quiet. The horse exchanges a hello to me and gives me comfort. I feel safer with him there, although we do not speak much. I still feel his occasional tail flick and his flank and enjoy his presence. As the truck and trailer rumble off, I fall into a light sleep and shut out the noise.
- - -

I awake when we stop and I hear the doors open. My lead rope is clipped on and the same lady takes me out of the trailer. We walk towards a huge barn with smaller barns and many other buildings. I can't imagine why I'm here. Once more I find the older male beside me, being walked by a different handler. I am taken into the largest barn and placed in a huge stall, between the same male and a quiet mare.

I am wide awake now, despite feeling a bit burnt out. I pace in the stall till my legs are jello and I feel half-dead. I take a long drink of water and eat some hay, but then sink to the sweet ground and sleep.
- - -

I awake to two feminine voices. I stand to find two ladies talking while watching me. I shake out my coat and cautiously walk to the stall window to get a better look. I recognize the woman from yesterday, but she stands with a new lady I don't know. The new person immediately comes to me and sticks out her hand. I sniff it, snort, and lower my head as if deeming her able to stroke me. She laughs a melodic laugh and pets me for a while while she continues the conversation with the other lady. I pick up on a few things.

"He's gorgeous," The new lady states.

"Oh, isn't he?" The woman from yesterday replies.

"Where'd he come from?"

"Gemany. I'm not sure why, but he was sent specifically to Cottonwood to be adopted out here."

"Why couldn't he just be adopted out there?"

"No clue. But I do know he'll be put up for adoption in a month."

"Hmm. Well, maybe I'll just have to come back, yes? It can't hurt to have another."

"Yes, why not? What's one more when you have, what, eighty-something?" The woman I first met laughs. The other lady winks at me. The two then walk off and their voices fade.
- - -

I am checked on in regular intervals throughout the day. It's pretty boring, but I heard something about "quarantine".
- - -

Two weeks later, I am set free in pasture with the older male from my first day and a stallion closer to my age. I enjoy the company and being able to eat and stretch my legs freely. It is a wonderful day.
- - -

Two weeks after that, I have been settled into "Cottonwood" for a month now. I hear a lot about "Adoption Day" and wonder about it. I find out when I am led into a small crowd of people who jump at the sight of me. I spot the two woman from that day at my stall, and am placed at a small stall where people can see me.

A man speaks loudly to the crowd. "Welcome! Today, we have a very special stallions. He comes from Germany and is five years old. His bloodlines are wonderful, and he is indeed a purebred. This is Lionheart." The man gestures to me. "Official adoption papers are in the office, and you can pick them up. You can turn them in today or mail them by Friday. We will be deciding who Lionheart will be owned by in roughly two weeks. He will be in this stall for all to see him for only about thirty minutes. Good luck!"

I don't understand all of what he said, but I just know that I will soon have a forever home, I hope.
- - -

Today is the day my new owner will be decided, I think. I am anxious myself, but haven't picked up much from anyone about my adoption. I don't know what will happen for sure, but I know it'll be another journey.

Theme Song: Hall Of Fame - The Script

The Script wrote:You could be the hero, you could get the gold
Last edited by Arrows on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me