Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Copiose by .drizzled.mango.

Artist .drizzled.mango. [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Copiose

Postby .drizzled.mango. » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 am

A map thingy
---
so i was thinking "hey, wouldn't it be nice to have all your human characters live in the same place, instead of just floating around with no history or geography?"
i couldn't pick one country, so i made one up.
yuup.

---

okay, so i forgot to draw in the surrounding land. the sea connects with it from the southern-most tip of the southern province to the top of portland.

everything else is explained on the map.

---

Cities -

South City (Southern Province)
The rich capital city of Copiose, South City is a magnet for people seeking to better themselves. Inhabited mainly by the social elite, it is known for its architecture, scholars, arts - and for spearheading the advance of science, medicine and technology. Fine music and an abundance of food make life comfortable for those who can afford it - those who can't are confined to the slums, and a much less glamorous existence.

Flos (Meaning;; Flower, bouquet, bloom) (Jasmine Plains)
A calm and laid-back place, famous for its annual flower market and arts college. A generally good standard of living, but trade can be poor especially during the winter when the flowers are not in bloom. This may change, though, with the discovery of large silver and coal deposits. (Coal near the Southern Province border, silver near the river.) The locals are hesitant to mine as this would mean destroying large areas of the famous wildflower meadows, but miners from the Northern Desert have no such qualms...

Falconville (Named after the Falconn river which flows from the Jasmine Plains to the sea) (Portland)
A bustling merchant town and the main hub for imported goods travelling by ship, Falconville is lively and energetic. Filled with inns and restaurants serving the freshest and best seafood in Copiose, it is a popular holiday destination. Locals are often skilled sailors
and are proud of their heritage - although in recent years storms have devastated the area, and with it the tourist trade and port.

Pulvis (Meaning;; Dust, sands)
Once the gem in the crown of Copiose, Pulvis is now beginning to age. Mainly exporting silks and woven cloths, it is suffering from the large factories appearing in South City. Generally considered backwards and a little useless by the other provinces, it has turned to large oil reserves to boot the economy, and is beginning to see growth again. Miners from Pulvis are also trying to expland into Jasmine Plains, causing tension between the inhabitants.

---

Landmarks -
Falconn River - flows between Jasmine Plains and Portland.
The River Lyfe (pronouced "life) - flows between the Northern Desert and Portland.
The Suun ("Sun") River - flows down the Southern Province.

Towns -
None added yet

Villages -
None added yet

---

i don't known if anybody else would be interested in using this place, but if you are feel free.
- Roleplays
- Character homes
- Backstories
- ect
all i ask is for you to pm me or post here.
if you want to create a town/village/landmark for any purpose message me and if i think it fits the environment, i'll add it to the map c;
although i can't imagine anybody will want to, i just thought i'd add it. c:

Characters here;;
None yet
accepting bribes ;; open for active semi lit/literate group roleplays no 1x1's ;; can talk endlessly

ImageImage
.drizzled.mango.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me