duinne #4 ✿ Dakarai by faraday

Based on Click to view
Artist faraday [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

duinne #4 ✿ Dakarai

Postby faraday » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:46 am

Duinnes are an ancient race of tiny androgynous forest spirits. They are very social creatures and spend most of their time with and around other duinnes, however they usually are not very fond of humans. They are very small, and range in size from 4 to 8 inches tall when fully grown. They are all very unique, and will decorate themselves with flowers, jewelry, and even tattoos, much like humans do. They are often mistaken for fairies, however they do not have wings and they cannot fly. They spend most of the day sleeping, and their favorite beds are flowers. Duinnes eat primarily small berries, flowers, seeds, and root vegetables. Duinnes are excellent climbers, and have strong, stout fingers equipped with short claws that help with grip. They are very good at camouflaging themselves with their environment, and can be found hiding under rocks, leaves, and even pieces of loose bark. They are very crafty, and love to cause mischief.

This duinne is a very special ancient caracal spirit that lives in the deserts of Egypt. It likes to sit in the shade of scraggy desert trees, and suns itself in the hot African sun when its cold. It's tattoo means "eternal friend". For this contest, all you need to do is impress me! There's no form, you'll have to be creative and make one yourself. ^^

The end date for this contest is July 10th! Good luck, and have fun. :>
Last edited by faraday on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i asked for a life lesser than this

Postby Rivkah » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:17 pm

x

x

x

✿ summary

name: Dakarai, "happiness"
      pronouns: xe, xyr, xyrs, xem
      residence: the Sinai desert in Egypt.

Dakarai is considered a prince among the other desert spirits. Xe does not enjoy this title, but because xe and a select other few have the appendages of desert cats, which are sacred in Egypt, xe is kept in this role. Xe pursues happiness elsewhere, as xrys true wish is to be a scribe and write about all that goes on in the desert, rather than dictating it and keeping the peace.

✿ the meaning of his accessories

xyrs headdress » a symbol of xyrs status. xe's not fond of it.
      xrys necklace » another status symbol, though it is more cherished because it was handmade by a certain friend.
      xrys bracelet » xe crafted it himself out of reeds and hemp string, and dyed it with paints.
      xrys tattoo » xe got it as a reminder of xrys friend Nacoma; the two met when they were both wandering from their territory on a journey of contemplation and self-discovery, only to bod together. Dakarai painted Nacoma's war paint, Nacoma helped xem with xrys tattoo.

✿ the inner persona

quick traits :: thoughtful, philosophical, stubborn, loyal, proud, regal, rebellious, pining, daydreamer, down-to-earth, wise

deeper personality :: Ever since xe was young, Dakar has been fascinated with the ways of the word. Xe had also been enamored with writing, and uses it fervently to record everything xe sees. Xe's a lonely sort of person, too stubborn to change xrys way of thinks and xrys desires in life. While many would be grateful beyond belief for the chance to be held in such high regard by their peers, Dakarai merely wishes to be left alone with a clay tablet and a stylus so xe can write by an oasis or explore the desert for fascinating stories.
Last edited by Rivkah on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: duinne #4 ✿ up for adoption!

Postby faraday » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:58 pm

bump!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neiroh » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:03 am

Wip (mostly just the art now)
Name; Menes

Personality;

Confident ~ Xe are very confident about themselves and about others. Xe believe xe can do anything, even if to others it seems impossible.

Kind ~ Xyr kindness is known by everyone and xe does not ask for kindness in return. xe wish for everyone to feel joy in their life and thrives to make people happy even if it takes a long time.

Cowardly ~ With xem being so cowardly, xe run from anything and everything that may cause harm to them. Xe'd love to get rid of the threat but xe are just too afraid to do that. It isn't xyr greatest quality, but in every weakness, there is a strength.

Selfish ~ Xe love xyr the treasures found buts wants to keep them to xemself. Well, mostly just the shiny things, like gems, crowns, and anything thing else xe see gleaming in the sunlight. This can cause a lot of problems when xe find out it belongs to someone else, as xe want to keep it. Most times, it's given back, but not without a negotiation. This can sometimes interfere with xyr kindness but not many people know xe are selfish.
-art here-
Likes; ------

;Art;
;Wealth;
;Friendship;
------ Dislikes;

:Being Hated:
:Being Forgotten:
:Non-shiny jewels:
Last edited by neiroh on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

K o t o r i M i n a m i

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Image ImageImageImagex
she/they | previously Austria*~ !!
i love art, anime, and video games
art shop | my kalons

Image Image Image
neiroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

T-ushii's Duinne Entry - Lynx

Postby bugparty » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:42 pm

Username: T-ushii
Name of Duinne: Lynx
Meaning of Name: I did my research on what a Caracal is and found out it is a desert Lynx, I just thought the word Lynx would sound cool as a name for a Caracal spirit.
Nicknames: Cat

Appearance: Lynx is 7 inches tall with a short grey bob that glistens grey in the sunlight. Her eyes are a vast blue, with no pupil floating around. Her ear are ones of a cat, sloping into a point at the top. She has an strong body, with wide hips. She takes great pride in her jewels, for she has made them herself. With the gold and other sparkly rarities she find in a little cave near her home. Her eyes are smeared blue with the pigments of flowers, her cheeks a rosy brown from the soft dirt on the ground. The words on her arm are traits of her own, written on her with berries. They say: Brave, Kind, and Heartfelt, the words she feels describes her most.

Best Friend: Lynx has a best friend, she met him while playing in the flower beds one day, off in her own imagination. He was little, like her, he crawled over to greet Lynx, who met him with a smile. He was a fuzzy little worm, all green and brown, with happy eyes and a mouth that never frowned. He told Lynx what his mother had said; right now you are small and forgotten, nobody knows your name, but one day you will grow your wings, and be greeted with fame. His name is Ike, and he is still a little caterpillar, the runt of his litter.

Worst Enemy: Pixie's are generally mean creatures, they hate all but there own. Like a mean girl at school, they think they're the best. Lynx has grown very disturbed by one Pixie, Rosalyn. She's stands 10 inches tall, with short red hair and freckles on her face. She is the most vain person Lynx has ever laid eyes on, always looking at herself in a drop of dew she has collected. She has Golden eyes with a ring of purple, and a cute little nose. She has large purple wings that sparkle orange. He body is thin, with a small chest and butt. Although small, her legs were very long. She has small feet, bare with dirt, and a dress mad from flower petals and grass shreds. She was gorgeous, maybe that's what irked Lynx so much.

Location: Lynx originated from Egypt, which she is very fond of. But herself and her family live in a magical rain forest where there's all play and no work.

Likes: Egyptian stories, jewels, berries, flowers, Ike, playing, fish, sunshine, mushrooms
Dislikes: Rosalyn, hypocrites, eating rose petals (Euck! Don't try it!)

Art: WIP c;
bug ! adult ! she/her
my pixel art shop
excited to be back from the grave after all these years
ImageImageImage
bugparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:09 am

Less than a week left to finish/post forms!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:16 am

eight hours left!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i asked for a life lesser than this

Postby faraday » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Rivkah wrote:
x

x

x

✿ summary

name: Dakarai, "happiness"
      pronouns: xe, xyr, xyrs, xem
      residence: the Sinai desert in Egypt.

Dakarai is considered a prince among the other desert spirits. Xe does not enjoy this title, but because xe and a select other few have the appendages of desert cats, which are sacred in Egypt, xe is kept in this role. Xe pursues happiness elsewhere, as xrys true wish is to be a scribe and write about all that goes on in the desert, rather than dictating it and keeping the peace.

✿ the meaning of his accessories

xyrs headdress » a symbol of xyrs status. xe's not fond of it.
      xrys necklace » another status symbol, though it is more cherished because it was handmade by a certain friend.
      xrys bracelet » xe crafted it himself out of reeds and hemp string, and dyed it with paints.
      xrys tattoo » xe got it as a reminder of xrys friend Nacoma; the two met when they were both wandering from their territory on a journey of contemplation and self-discovery, only to bod together. Dakarai painted Nacoma's war paint, Nacoma helped xem with xrys tattoo.

✿ the inner persona

quick traits :: thoughtful, philosophical, stubborn, loyal, proud, regal, rebellious, pining, daydreamer, down-to-earth, wise

deeper personality :: Ever since xe was young, Dakar has been fascinated with the ways of the word. Xe had also been enamored with writing, and uses it fervently to record everything xe sees. Xe's a lonely sort of person, too stubborn to change xrys way of thinks and xrys desires in life. While many would be grateful beyond belief for the chance to be held in such high regard by their peers, Dakarai merely wishes to be left alone with a clay tablet and a stylus so xe can write by an oasis or explore the desert for fascinating stories.

enjoy Dakarai!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: duinne #4 ✿ Dakarai

Postby Rivkah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:43 am

thank you so much ; o ;
I don't check messages here. If you've found me through other websites or communities such as deviantART/Kiamaras, my characters are not for sale and never will be.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me