Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

"I need a hero!" by King of Crows

Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

"I need a hero!"

Postby King of Crows » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:20 pm

My family was watching a movie and the song "Holding Out For a Hero" started playing, and I immediately pictured Drakyl singing and dancing it while attempting to convince Collin to join in the music...of course Collin's response to the Prince's enthusiastic dancing is a simple "No."

Note, all of the feathery stuff on Drakyl's head is part of his crest, not the crown :P Male Alonors start growing longer display feathers around the age of 25 years, and continue growing them for the rest of their life (which may go from 800 to 1,000 years depending on species, etc). Drakyl's father, Irasyn, who is about 300 years old, has display feathers roughly 8 feet in length. Though they can get to be very annoying, they will never trim them.

So yes, my half-demon, Collin (22 years) and my Summer Alonor Prince, Drakyl (25-ish years).

Species, concepts, artwork strictly (c) Perocore

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong, he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure, he's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life, larger than life!
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "I need a hero!"

Postby King of Crows » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:29 am

Lined!

I've come to the conclusion that Collin should start shaving because body hair is very annoying to draw. Especially chest hair.

*Another fun fact! Drakyl's crest is erected right now because he's technically trying to intimidate Collin into dancing with him (won't work, Drakyl. Collin could just beat you up!), but when he's relaxed, frightened, or submitting his primary feathers will flatten, forcing his displat feathers down as well.
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me