Weekly Challenge Theme Suggestions by Tess

Artist Tess [gallery]
Time spent 9 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
330 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Weekly Challenge Theme Suggestions

Postby Tess » Sun May 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Do you have an awesome theme idea for the Official Weekly Challenge?

Submit your ideas here, and we just might use them!

It's hard to keep coming up with new themes every week, but we know our members have great ideas! :)

A good challenge is something that will be popular with a lot of different people, so everyone will want to join in. Avoid themes which have too small of an audience (like a particular movie/tv show). We want to push people to draw something they don't usually draw, so try to 'think outside the box'!

Please note:
Since different members might end up suggesting the same ideas, we will not be able to credit the author of each idea. So please only share your idea if you're happy to see it used without credit to you.

Glossary of words we often use in challenges:

OC/Original Character - an original/unique design for a human or animal (or imaginary species) that you came up with yourself, or which someone else drew for you to use.

fursona - an animal character that you use to represent yourself. It might look kind of like you, or it might look like your personality turned into physical features (e.g. if you're an energetic person your fursona might be brightly colored)

persona - a human character that you use to represent yourself. It might look kind of like you in real life, or it might look like the kind of person you feel like on the inside - will it be dark and gloomy, or bright and bubbly? That's up to you!

Note: If the challenge asks you to use a fursona/persona/OC and you don't have one, you can use a CS pet instead!
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Weekly Challenge Theme Suggestions

Postby Tess » Sun May 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Past Official Challenges

This list may not always be up-to-date with the most recent challenges

Note that in the future some of these ideas may be repeated.

The latest challenges run for approx 10 - 18 days each:

• Challenge #90: Draw your fav Halloweeny pets/items, or show us your OC's Halloween costume!
  • Challenge #89: Draw your favorite CS pet as another species!
  • Challenge #88: Imagine if CS was a movie!
  • Challenge #87: Let's travel 20 years into the future!
  • Challenge #86: Try your hand at some world-building and design your own natural environment or city!
  • Challenge #85: Draw what you love most about our Summer Vacation Event!
  • Challenge #84: Design a character based on your favorite food!
  • Challenge #83: Draw yourself or your OC as a super hero (or villain!)
  • Challenge #82: Let's make some biographical artwork!
  • Challenge #81: Combine your two fav species into one!
  • Challenge #80: Draw the real pets and animals in your life!
  • Challenge #79: Draw your fav Easter pets or items from CS events, past or present!
  • Challenge #78: Draw a scene or character inspired by the changing season!
  • Challenge #77: To celebrate St Patrick's Day, draw a picture using only the color green!
  • Challenge #76: Take a plunge into the deep blue sea!
  • Challenge #75: Draw your pets on a Valentine's date!
  • Challenge #74: Celebrate Chinese New Year by drawing yourself as your zodiac animal!
  • Challenge #73: Draw your favorite CS pet as a human!
  • Challenge #72: A new year, a new character! Design a new OC or fursona/persona.
  • Challenge #71: The first Chicken Smoothie Cafe has just opened! How does it look?
  • Challenge #70: Draw you or your fursona/OC enjoying the holiday season

These challenges lasted 2 weeks each:

• Challenge #69: Draw your all-time favorite Halloween pets or items from any of our Halloween events!
  • Challenge #68: It's not long til Halloween, so time to design your dream Halloween costume!
  • Challenge #67: Have you got any real pets? Draw them for us!
  • Challenge #66: Draw your fursona or fave OC as a completely different species!
  • Challenge #65: Draw your favorite CS pet as a human! And see if you can guess which pets other people have drawn
  • Challenge #64: Uh oh, something crazy happened and you somehow woke up inside your favorite game. Draw yourself as a videogame character!
  • Challenge #63: Draw your favorite pets or items from the Candy Summer Event!
  • Challenge #62: You go exploring in a dark cave and you hear a noise... show us what you find when you turn on the flashlight!
  • Challenge #61: Imagine you're in an alternate universe where YOU were the creator of Chicken Smoothie. Show us what the site mascots or layout/theme would look like if this was your site!
  • Challenge #60: Design a character inspired by the current season!
  • Challenge #59: Which animals can be found in your country? Show us your favorite local/native animal species!
  • Challenge #58: Draw something inspired by your favorite song or musician!
  • Challenge #57: You've discovered a new planet! Take a snapshot of what you've found there.
  • Challenge #56: Look around you for a random object nearby and turn it into a creature!
  • Challenge #55: It's the site's 7th birthday this month, so let's celebrate 7 amazing years of Chicken Smoothie by drawing what you love most about CS!
  • Challenge #54: Invent a new machine/product! Design an advert poster for it.
  • Challenge #53: Draw something from your favorite movie!
  • Challenge #52: Draw your favorite pets or items from our special February holidays: Valentines, Carnival/Mardi Gras, and Chinese New Year!
  • Challenge #51: Show us your favorite food!
  • Challenge #50: Your favorite place in the world! This could be the world's best vacation spot, or your own cosy bed! Wherever you love to be the most.
  • Challenge #49: A new year, a new character! Design a new original character or fursona/persona. It can be anything - human, animal, or fantasy creature!
  • Challenge #48: Make a 2015 New Year's Resolution for yourself, or just for fun for your OC/persona/fursona. Draw yourself or your character attempting to stick to the resolution
  • Challenge #47: Draw your favorite pets/items from the Advent Calendar, or draw your pets celebrating the holiday season!
  • Challenge #46: Seasons Greetings! Make a card for your family and friends or dedicate a drawing to your favorite CS buddies!
  • Challenge #45: CS Talent Show Time! Draw you or your fave OC/CS pet/fursona/persona participating in a CS Talent Show!
  • Challenge #44: Draw the outline of an animal/person/creature which represents you, and inside the outline draw the things that represent your interests, hobbies, thoughts and feelings.
  • Challenge #43: Draw your favorite pet/item from the CS Halloween event, or draw your CS pets celebrating Halloween!
  • Challenge #42: It's nearly Halloween! Show us what you're going to wear for Halloween, or design your dream Halloween outfit!
  • Challenge #41: Time to visit Egypt! Draw you or your fursona visiting Egypt, or draw your favorite pets/items from the Summer Event!
  • Challenge #40: Summer Vacation (or Winter holiday)! It's time for a break from school or work. Where would you like to spend your vacation?
  • Challenge #39: Pair up your 2 favorite CS pets, and design their babies!
  • Challenge #38: You or your OC has won the lottery! What will you/they do with all the money?
  • Challenge #37: Draw your favorite CS pet as a human!
  • Challenge #36: Repeat of Week 4, draw something inspired by your favorite song/musician

The original challenges lasted 1 week each:

• Week #35: Do you have pets in real-life? If not, what kind of pet do you wish you had? Show us!
  • Week #34: It's Easter Sunday on the 20th of April! Draw something Easter-themed or draw your favorite pets/items from our Easter event
  • Week #33: It's 6:00 AM on Monday morning and your alarm goes off. Show us how you look when you first wake up!
  • Week #32: Draw you/your friends/your OCs having a tea party!
  • Week #31: Imagine that you're opening your own shop or restaurant. What kind of things would you sell? Design an advertisement for your new store or products
  • Week #30: March 17 is St Patrick's Day, so to celebrate draw a picture using only the color green!
  • Week #29: We're a couple of weeks into March now, which means it's becoming Spring in the northern hemisphere, and Autumn in the southern hemisphere.
  • Week #28: Personal Improvement Challenge! Find a very old picture you drew months or years ago, and draw a new version of it. See how much you have improved or changed your style!
  • Week #27: Draw the best (or most recent) Pound pet you've adopted on CS!
  • Week #26: It's almost Valentine's Day... (Feb 14). Make a Valentine's card for someone special, or draw your favorite CS Valentine's pet/item
  • Week #25: We recently celebrated Chinese New Year on CS, and we have a Chinese Zodiac calendar so you can find out which animal represents the year you were born. Draw your zodiac animal!
  • Week #24: If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring 3 things with you, what would you bring?
  • Week #23: Draw you or your fursona with a totally fabulous hairdo! Bonus points for hair so big your fursona falls over
  • Week #22: If you were a super hero what super powers would you have? Design yourself a super hero costume that will impress the residents of Chicken Smoothie!
  • Week #21: Draw your favorite foods!
  • Week #20: There are thousands of different birds in the world, some as small as your fist and others which stand taller than you! Draw your favorite bird species for us!
  • Week #19: It's the season for giving! Make a card or gift art for someone you care about :) That doesn't have to be a Chicken Smoothie member, you can save the picture to print or show to your friends or family later.
  • Week #18: It's nearly Christmas! Draw your favorite pets/items from the Advent Calendar so far!
  • Week #17: Time travel! If you can only take one trip to any time/place in the past or future, where will you go?
  • Week #16: Dance off!
  • Week #15: Design a character inspired by your favorite season!
  • Week #14: At the circus!
  • Week #13: Design your dream bedroom, or show us what your real bedroom looks like!
  • Week #12: Draw you or your OC/fursona as a sea creature!
  • Week #11: Draw your favorite thing about the CS Halloween event so far!
  • Week #10: You or your original character just got invited along on a space mission! Draw something you did or saw on your journey through space.
  • Week #9: Draw you or your character's face after biting into a sour lemon!
  • Week #8: Draw your dream Halloween costume!
  • Week #7: Chicken Smoothie needs you to babysit!
  • Week #6: Draw you or your OC being a tourist in your favorite city/country or just someplace you'd like to visit!
  • Week #5: Draw your favorite animal(s)!
  • Week #4: Draw something inspired by your favorite song or musician!
  • Week #3: Draw your favorite season (Summer/Autumn/Winter/Spring), or if you don't have a favorite then draw the current season!
  • Week #2: You or your OC woke up in the land of your favorite book/movie/tv show/game. Draw their reaction/experience!
  • Week #1: Introduce yourself or an OC (original character) doing something they enjoy
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zacharie1 » Sun May 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Draw the most important thing in your life.

Zacharie1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ultima » Sun May 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Draw a picture based on your favourite song/ genre of song.
Ultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teethpaste » Sun May 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Mix two animals together, what do you get?
    im teeth and i hate eggs

teethpaste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogish » Sun May 18, 2014 11:48 pm

Draw your OC in anthro/humanoid version, or even draw your OC genderbent.
Pet's name: Rhys
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Levina » Sun May 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Draw your character as a different species!
Image xx Image xx Image
─⌠THEORETICALLY⌡─

Image Image Image
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Hello! I'm a dork from the UK
I love Marvel, DC, Undertale, Neko Atsume and
art! If you'd ever like to PM me, feel free to!
I'm a complete nerd and love science <3

coding © neph DA

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Levina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vermilion Ink » Mon May 19, 2014 12:03 am

Draw your OC as a character in your favorite book.
Error 404: Signature Not Found
Vermilion Ink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butter Dragon » Mon May 19, 2014 1:52 am

Draw yourself or one of you're OC's as a teddy bear.
x
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost★ » Mon May 19, 2014 2:10 am

Draw a fursona into a persona. cx