Based on Click to view
Artist Mommy Amon [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SK 32 - Adopted

Postby Mommy Amon » Sun May 04, 2014 9:32 am

lines by 4everHallie, text above by Rondell
Shrimp Cats?! wrote:Shrimp Cats are curious animals so named because they have the front half of a cat and the back half of a shrimp. They're only a bit smaller than your average house cat, and usually live near the ocean, although they can go further inland for short periods of time as long as they don't dry out. Researchers have seen a variety of Shrimp Cats in all shapes, colors and sizes, but for some reason only a few near-white or completely white ones have been spotted...

Winner:

Chiisai Ryuu wrote:
Mizu scuttled along the ocean floor, his darkly colored fur and shell merging into the black hues of the deep. He filtered water slowly, mind wandering, thinking of tunes and what was above the surface. There was a beachside resturaunt with a port for boats. No one really used it except the human childeren whom he would trill to, his mews beautiful as song. Sometimes he would act like a dumb fish to get a laugh out of them. But for now he was at the bottom of the ocean, far away from his family and far away from the kitten who had distracted his head. Slowly shifting back to reality, he quietly began humming. It sounded nice, even under water where it drowned his singing. Bubbles came from his nose as he exhaled the note, and began to swim closer to the surface. Now this he wasn't looking foward to. Who knows if he may make eye contact, even with those childeren who had likely grown up so long ago? He swiftly made a turn at the sight of coral, swimming along until he heard a loud buzz coming from a dock. He popped his head from the salty water, antenna twitching. There wasn't any children today, but if he was careful near the fish he might get some food. Mizu preferred the odd assortments of what the kids fed him, rather than worried adults that think he would only handle fish.

Mizu worked his magic like every other day, managing a belly-full of bland food.

This little guy's name is Mizu. It's Japanese for 'Water' Mizu may sound like a female's name, which is one of the reasons he's so isolated. He was teased by others younger than him, his dignity stolen by mere children. He had a fine childhood himself, playing with his two sisters, but as he grew the young childeren started picking at him.

Favourite type of music: Piano and instrumental. He is very proper and likes to do things alone, and finds himself spending the day writing music to play near the humans and humming quietly in the dephts of the sea.

Why are his/her eyes so dark?: His eyes are dark because when his dignity fell, so did his personality. He isolated himself from the rest, finding a home in the deepest part of the sea. He adapted to the darkness, managing to acheive dark eyes and colors to camoflague somewhat among the blue-black shadows. Every so often when he does return to the surface it is to socialize with whom share such interesting knowledge, the humans.
Last edited by Mommy Amon on Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

╔═════════════════════════╗
Dms and trades open
╚═════════════════════════╝

ImageImageImage

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Commissions and art trades open, pm or dm on discord - daluniak
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Mommy Amon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SK 32 - UFA

Postby oceanic; » Sun May 04, 2014 10:20 am

Mizu scuttled along the ocean floor, his darkly colored fur and shell merging into the black hues of the deep. He filtered water slowly, mind wandering, thinking of tunes and what was above the surface. There was a beachside resturaunt with a port for boats. No one really used it except the human childeren whom he would trill to, his mews beautiful as song. Sometimes he would act like a dumb fish to get a laugh out of them. But for now he was at the bottom of the ocean, far away from his family and far away from the kitten who had distracted his head. Slowly shifting back to reality, he quietly began humming. It sounded nice, even under water where it drowned his singing. Bubbles came from his nose as he exhaled the note, and began to swim closer to the surface. Now this he wasn't looking foward to. Who knows if he may make eye contact, even with those childeren who had likely grown up so long ago? He swiftly made a turn at the sight of coral, swimming along until he heard a loud buzz coming from a dock. He popped his head from the salty water, antenna twitching. There wasn't any children today, but if he was careful near the fish he might get some food. Mizu preferred the odd assortments of what the kids fed him, rather than worried adults that think he would only handle fish.

Mizu worked his magic like every other day, managing a belly-full of bland food.

This little guy's name is Mizu. It's Japanese for 'Water' Mizu may sound like a female's name, which is one of the reasons he's so isolated. He was teased by others younger than him, his dignity stolen by mere children. He had a fine childhood himself, playing with his two sisters, but as he grew the young childeren started picking at him.

Favourite type of music: Piano and instrumental. He is very proper and likes to do things alone, and finds himself spending the day writing music to play near the humans and humming quietly in the dephts of the sea.

Why are his/her eyes so dark?: His eyes are dark because when his dignity fell, so did his personality. He isolated himself from the rest, finding a home in the deepest part of the sea. He adapted to the darkness, managing to acheive dark eyes and colors to camoflague somewhat among the blue-black shadows. Every so often when he does return to the surface it is to socialize with whom share such interesting knowledge, the humans.
Last edited by oceanic; on Mon May 05, 2014 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
she/her scuba ravenclaw horned serpent prospit usa
oceanic;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mommy Amon » Sun May 04, 2014 10:36 am

wow, nice entry c:

╔═════════════════════════╗
Dms and trades open
╚═════════════════════════╝

ImageImageImage

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Commissions and art trades open, pm or dm on discord - daluniak
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Mommy Amon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roseshine12 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:40 am

Pulling out. I'm not entirely sure how to one up Ryuu here. :3

Name:
Beryl, named because of how handsome and gem-like his blue coloring is.
Favourite type of music:
Symphonic Metal. It has a nice rocking tune that isn't overwhelming like regular metal. :3
Why are his eyes so dark?:
Beryl's eyes are dark from living deep in the ocean. Being the predominantly darker blue that he is, along with some brighter blues, it's obvious he's a deep sea shrimp cat, living where the light doesn't reach. As such, his colors adapted to such an environment while his lighter blues help for other shrimp cats to identify what and who he is as well as attract any of his favorite foods. He's more of the loner type and becomes easily anxious and frightened so he honestly doesn't mind living so deep in the ocean where barely anyone else is. He occasionally likes to visit the surface though to spend some time with a human friend he managed to make.

He's so beautiful, Dalgony! Love him! <3333 The blues fit so perfectly together with the markings. :D
Last edited by Roseshine12 on Mon May 05, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Want to know what time it currently is for me? Click here!
Dear Dad,
I thought of you Today, but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday and days before that to. I think of you in silence i often speak your name. But all i have are memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake, from which ill never part. God has you in his arms, i have you in my heart.
~Best_Username_Ever (But so true about my dad and I, I had to copy it)
Roseshine12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leafe » Mon May 05, 2014 5:10 am

reserve ~ :3
great design