Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Parrapup Contest G1 Closed Thanks for joining! by Beatnik

Based on Click to view
Artist Beatnik [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
68 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Parrapup Contest G1 Closed Thanks for joining!

Postby Beatnik » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:01 am

If you break any rules, you will be disqualified: No Exceptions

(These are event Parras, not custom; just to clarify~)

Parrapups, or Parras, are an omnivorous, aviary quadrupedal species that originated from tropical areas, but after they were domesticated, they gained more levels of fur and different beaks. All parras spend a lot of time cleaning themselves, and preening their feathers if they have wings. Parras come with a variety of tails and beaks, but good luck finding one that does! Having a large gene pool Parras also have the chance to show some mutations. They come in a large variety of colors including bright neons and dull greys. All parras are a very social in some way and love to whistle, sing, and chatter to others- Parra or not!

Ander (Shadownima) - Ryder (Myself) - Aiko (Sebeon) - Kaine (Myself)

Parrapups don't celebrate Easter, but they may be forced to celebrate a Post-Easter this year! They aren't sure why, but there has been sightings of many orphaned eggs all over the place! (Good thing the weather has been good) Ryder and Kaine are asking for everyone's help to save the eggs!

-----------------------------------------------------

This will be the Parrapups first big event! It's not quite an Easter event because most Parras don't understand much about religion that humans have. They don't mind enjoying holidays with humans though, even if they don't know what they mean~ This is not a holiday and is just the Spring event I have had partially planned. So here's the event: you get to color the shell of an egg with a color pallet you like and markings! If an artist feels inspired by your egg, then they can create a Parra on the Alpha thread based on it!

Instructions

Step One:
Open up the Oekaki
Step Two:
Delete the Cover layer
Step Three:
Find the egg coloring layer and color it with whatever colors you would like to see a Parra in
Step Four:
Color in the Pallete Layer as well as the Eye Color and Choose the preferred sex~
Step Five:
Post it with the filled out form!
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Song:[/b]
[size=150][b]Do Not Comment Besides Artist[/b][/size]
(Leave the note not to comment. Artists can be the only ones to comment first. All of these may be changed if your design is chosen, drawn, and you feel the design looks more like a Josh, Jane, John or whatever.)

Step Six:
If an artist comments that they would like to do it, then crack open a bottle of bubbly and be patient~

Artist's Notice!

Any artist can choose one of these. You can only do one parra at a time! If you choose one, finish it, and then you can grab another! This event will kind of be a booster to the population of Parras as well as a popularity gain for our artists. As well as experience. You do not have a limit on making them, but if two artists want to do the same egg, then the person who colored the egg gets to decide which artist they want to make the egg. Guest Artists: this does not count towards your three! Feel free to join this event and participate like any other artist. Artists: You don't have a limit. Just pace yourselves and do one at a time~ I'm hoping to see each artist do at least one, and it will count as one for you criteria you have to meet. (One every two weeks) Also you do not have to follow exactly what the eggs design is. Especially eyes. I've noticed already a Parra with white eyes and black, but technically this would end up as a mary sue design, and you should just do it as you feel if you want. I have also already seen a blind colored one: please take in to consideration on being blind. Especially if you believe they would be better with wings, and then they can't fly because they are blind. If you want to make a blind parra, it is always best to make sure it suits the design!

Ps: These will not hatch like regular eggs, you draw them on the alpha so you can draw them at any of those three ages (Fledgling, Adolescent, or Adult). If you draw them at a younger age, you are responsible for the aging~

Rules
- Added by request: Do not consistently change your eggs design! An artist may want to do it, but they are already busy with another! Artists are now allowed to "Mark" eggs saying that they would like to do them, but can't do them yet, but if an artist who doesn't have a current parra to do can take the egg instead.
- Only make one egg!
- No Whining
- Do not comment on an egg (Until After an Artist has commented)
- Make sure you have read the Nursery for Information on the aging as well as the Rules on the Alpha thread
- All of Tess's rules
- You must comment on an artists finished drawing of your Parra if you are selected. If you don't, your parra may be subject to adoption
- Keep away from just doing plain grey or black or any monochrome eggs. Spectrum eggs may also just be ignored. It isn't very creative. (Doesn't mean don't do them, it's just a hint)
- Do not blind your parra!
- Artists can choose to do your design how they like with artistic freedom, so don't ask them to make sure they have something.
- You can comment asking for the parra to be put up for adoption instead of keeping it, but this would make your parra very sad.
- Please cease doing heterochromic or dual colored eyes
- Pupils must remain very dark.
- No Homestuck Parras if you feel the need to do a fan based one! I do hope to have a special event for Homestuck since I am a huge fan as well. Nightvale as well. I'm a huge fan of off as well, but the possibilities for designs are much smaller!

Accessories/Add-ons Rules
- Basically only hats, necklaces, plushies, and scarves. Regular accessories
- Do not add wings.
- I do not encourage extra text. You could be violating rules by saying the egg is cold (Dead, actually) or that is themed by a river or cave.
- Do not do Headsets (Sorry in advance, but parras don't have the fingers to use ipods and such so it's pointless to have them walking around with headphones)
- Plushies are alright
- Regular accessories are alright (Hats, bows, etc.) (LIMIT of 3)
- Do not do crowns: we already have a Prince. (Prince Ander in the picture.)
- Do not give horns (I advise all artists to treat them as accessories and do something stupid with them.)
- Do NOT blind! (It's not cute, funny, nor cool; it's not nice)
- Glowing is not alright. The Alpha page has rules against glowing affects. It's not like dogs have glowing eyes naturally. Artists: please do not give parras glowing eyes. It is apart of your rules. Glowing objects like lamps are fine, but making the egg glow is ridiculous.
- Anymore questions on them, ask me (Beatnik) first.
Last edited by Beatnik on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:28 am, edited 19 times in total.
Beatnik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Parrapup Contest G1

Postby Tricey » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 am

eue mark
my ninja skillz, aw yeah
Last edited by Tricey on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- dA - Instagram -

Kim Namjoon is too pure for this world.
And by "too pure" I of course mean he is dirtier than the driven snow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kpop is my life rn
Tricey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beatnik » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 am

Open for posting~
ImageDeviantart - Parrapups -----
[Win a BE or CE Galaxy]
[Chicken is not a part of a species, they have been my fursona for a few years now]
Beatnik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 am

marking c: probably making one c:
    koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

RIP: [UNCLE B] 1/6/2016 || [ROCKY] 8/14/2020 || [GPA] 2/27/2021
    RIP: [THICK44] 2/13/2023 || BIGGERTON OUNCERTON] 10/19/2023 || [AKIRA TORIYAMA] 3/1/2024

THANK U & GOODBYE: [MAGGIE] 3/4/2021
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 薄桜鬼 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:19 am

Seems like a neat event. I just might have to join in.

Thank you for doing this.
薄桜鬼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Traumwind » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:20 am

Ohh marking for later~
|
|

|
|
-
-
Traumwind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Little Fish » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 am

mark ;u; I wish I could draw, what if you can't draw on here? then what?

•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.

xxx Image

Little Fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iaan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 am

fullmetalsouleater wrote:mark ;u; I wish I could draw, what if you can't draw on here? then what?

I have the same problem, and I really want to enter xd
If I cant then oh well ill just mod here ~ mark
just a fool.jpg

about me
- salty - son - BD haz -
kalon storage
iaan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Little Fish » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 am

could we have another user enter for us? xD like give them an outline (the egg with markings & eyes) and then post our form? if not that's fine I just would love to enter this because I have a really good idea and I'm sure others do too (cough cough dreams x3)

•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.

xxx Image

Little Fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist