Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Rapunzel by waterlilly111

Artist waterlilly111 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rapunzel

Postby waterlilly111 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:15 am

Not sure if advanced or not (didn't know how it would turn out before i started drawing it, so feel free to move to intermediate)
I did not use a reference,(ive drawn her before and I know by now what her dress is like and her features) but all rights for the character go to disney (for the design), and whoever wrote the original tale(for the character).

I did this drawing to represent how when she is locked up in her tower, she has no say in if she wanted to leave or not, even though mother gothel convinced her well enough not to. She never had a chance to think for herself, or speak for herself and was forced to stay in the tower like a prisoner, with restraints to keep her in, like the duct tape. I don't know if it is too un-child-friendly, (maybe I've spent too much time on tumblr) but it's just representation.

The background is the stones of the tower, acting like a prison cell. It was easy, but time consuming, maybe a little messy.
Feel free to comment, like and give me crit. Thanks!
waterlilly111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rapunzel

Postby ~Jaded » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Sorry, I am not so sure you are quite ready yet. Try adding more motion in her stance, hair and dress because she looks very stiff. You did a good job coloring! The shadows and highlights are accurate and great detail! Also, try practicing anatomy. Her arms seem awkward. It's all just a matter of practice! Overall, I quite like it! Well done.
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rapunzel

Postby Peppercorn » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Beautiful, but freaky. I feel like we need a category between the stage of beginners and intermediate.
Hello there. I'm Peppercorn. I like to draw, take photos and baking. I work at an adoptable center called Pixel squirrels. If you ever need too, feel free to PM me and chat.

Feeling wrote:PM me design patterns for pixel squirrels.

coded by peppercorn (me)
Peppercorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me