Bat Dragon #41 - Carnivore by flyteck

Based on Click to view
Artist flyteck [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Bat Dragon #41 - Carnivore

Postby flyteck » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:15 am

Alright, this is a special contest! This fellow here is based on a tiger shark, and is known as "The shark of the skies" in stories told around the country. He and his rider have spent many years raiding villages and doing other not so legal things, and both have the scars to prove it. This is also the tallest bat dragon ever.

This is going to be a free form contest, meaning you can add whatever you'd like, although there are guidelines. You must give at least a brief description of this guy's rider (a ref sheet is preferred; horsy1050 has two nice human editables if you need lines ^^) and a visual reference of tack. His tack must have some shark like attributes (maybe some fins? make sure the saddle is still usable though) and a solution for his missing tail web, which would inhibit flight otherwise. Everything else is optional, but art, personality, and a description of how he got some of his scars (story?) are big boosts. Formatting and prettying up your form is also encouraged.

I ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ Ian ♥ wrote:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Hide my face again,
Harbor in the shadows.
Feel the weight of sin hammering away
Die with the guilt of a thousand AWOL soldiers!
Die and watch the scythe usher me astray!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I can't go on this way.
Not as I am today.
The ugly side of me is strong.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Take aim, a loaded gun.
Pull back on all who run.
A coward's truth inside the wrong.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Lash your tongue of bane.
Carry me to nowhere.
Mental holocaust.
Battle never ends.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Lie!
Mask the pain
Of a child who has been forsaken
Lie!
To myself
Praise the new regime.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I left me long ago
Reasons you'll never know
No one to miss me when I'm gone.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
With no more words to say,
No argument to stay.
Another post where I don't belong.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
No home to call my own,
No finding someone new.
No one to break the fall,
No one to see me through.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
No name to carry on,
No promise for today.
No one to hear the call,
No tattered flag to raise.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Walk the razor's edge,
Cut into the madness.
Question all you trust,
Buy into the fear.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I see the man ripping at my soul now!
I, I know the man -
I know him all too well.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
There's nothing here for free
Lost is who I want to be
My serpent blood can strike so cold

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
On any given day,
I'll take it all away.
Another thought I can't control.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

H A D Ú R

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
SHE HELD IN HER HANDS FOR ONE BRIEF MOMENT,
THE GLOBE WHICH WE SPEND OUR ENTIRE LIVES

TRYING TO SHAPE, ROUND, WHOLE, AND ENTIRE FROM
THE CONFUSION OF CHAOS

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

username: I ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ Ian ♥

name: Hadúr, Hodúr in old Hungarian, short for Hadak Ura, meaning "warlord" or "lord of the armies".

reason: Reason for choosing the name - well, I knew I had to have the perfect name for this guy. He's deadly, that much was obvious, so he needed a name that had pride and respect as a given, and just saying it was bound to make some of the weaker-spined guards of fabulous treasures wet their wee little shorts. So Hadúr it was. It souned old, and proud, and the meaning was just an added bonus c:

height: 5.8 feet.

personality: Hadúr is a brazen and charming member of the bat dragon species. He's daring, too, he won't back down even if he knows he cannot win. A scallywag, a swashbuckler both Hadúr and Thracian have been called many things - not all of them nice. A denizen of the shadows, Hadúr seems to be little more than a ghost, a sigh in the boughs of a pine tree and the hint of a shadow at noon. For all that he is, however, there is more than meets the eye, and his random acts of kindness should not be taken lightly. Everything has a price, and even this robin-hood-in-arms has his stories.

history: Not much is known about Hadúr. He was abandoned by misfortune, or chance, or both, and was found young and blind by a boy. With his first few days on the streets Hadúr had lost a tailfin, the youth whom found him fixed him up with "hard-earned" (nicked) money. Thracian spent weeks stealing supplies to that Hadúr could fly again. They spent months playing and feeding and stealing, sleeping in a muddy pile under a bench or a moldy pile of blankets or worse -
    or better.

The year passed and Hadúr grew up, a young bat dragon without a rider. Thracian learned along with the young male, and though they had a couple of nasty falls they both made it, and in time Thracian's legs hardened and his arms grew wiry with the strain of holding fast to Hadúr's neck, and before they knew it they had left their birth city to find better places to rob. Every place they came across would have things disappear, and the pair sold their 'treasures' in the next town. Hadúr protected their keep, an unspoken promise of better tack as the pile grew. A few coins, here and there, would disappear into the hungry, grasping hand of street kids, their tear-and-soot stained faces reminding Thracian of his own childhood, and he remembered the sharp gratitude of being handed a few coins - if it meant that those kids would be able to eat for the night, well, Hadúr didn't mind sharing a few coins either.

But they developed a problem. Because of their generosity, or habit of stealing from the rich, or both - this haphazard kindnesses that Thracian and Hadúr developed became a sort of reputation. They really are a pair of scallywags and thieves, but they can always find shelter from the authorities in the poor sectors.

Once Thracian saved up enough money, he actually did reputable business for once. Going to the tanners was nerve-wracking for both males, but in the end they had Hadúr measured, and the prints were sent to the blacksmith after to add the finishing touches. The price was monstrous, but nothing that Thracian didn't already have

Anything for his Hadúr.
    Both were immensely pleased with the work and Hadúr was glad that Thracian couldn't fall off any more. The pair began to be more daring, flying right into prisons to break people out, executing razor-sharp turns and flying upside down in some of their more brazen rescue missions.

At least that's what the stories say. I wouldn't believe them.

SADDLE INFORMATION:
    saddle - suede grip for long flights. supple tree, even with short length, for the outstanding agility needed in their line of work. groove for knees for extra grip & support. short saddle to get rid of unnecessary weight on Hadúr. edge of saddle lined with the teeth of their victims (or Hadúr's prey). six rows, like shark teeth. has a breast strap, two cinches, and a tail strap to stop most movement during escapes - also has a safety strap that is wrapped around Thracian's waist and lower body for upside-down flights and maneuvers.
    bridle - no bit, so Hadúr is free to bite enemies. noseband is leather with colored stones and shiny rocks given to Hadúr and Thracian for doing "good" deeds. noseband is held on by leather crownpiece. also has the matching canine teeth of Hadúr's first victim affixed to the front.
    missing tailfin - the missing tailweb is not a problem, as Hadúr had corrective surgery. The missing flap was replaced with a sturdy but flexible strip of leather. Thracian likes to paint skulls on it sometimes.

rider information: Thracian Sabazios & without equipment

Thracian Sabazios. It means 'god of the underworld, usually depicted on funeral statues as a horseman slaying a beast with a spear; the nomadic horseman and sky father god of the Phrygians and Thracians - depicted always on horseback, as a nomadic horseman god, wielding his characteristic staff of power.'

ISTJ: introvert/sensing/thinking/judgement
      Thracian is a pull-himself-up-by-his-bootstraps kind of person. He doesn't give up easily and thrives in situations that others would find discouraging. His greatest strength, is, of course, one of his weaknesses. He's cool in a crisis, calm in the storm, and collected amongst chaos. Even someone like him can run into trouble sometime.

form stuff: pictures do not belong to me, credit goes to their original owners, the quotes is a song by Avenged Sevenfold.

And, for those that are curious, here's his height on a scale compared to a six foot person:
Last edited by flyteck on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bat Dragon #41 - Carnivore

Postby dogish » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Username: iDrowned
Name: Rouge
Height: 5.8 Feet
Tack:
Rider Information:

huge wip
Pet's name: Rhys
Pet's name: Nokk
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiesen » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:21 am

Username:
Name:
Tack:
Rider Information:

WIP

If you support/make AI art, I will block you on sight. Thanks.
Smoke - She/They - Adult - Taken
Art by Fewtish on DA
Kiesen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parlaymars » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:25 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Hide my face again,
Harbor in the shadows.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I can't go on this way.
Not as I am today.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Take aim, a loaded gun.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Carry me to nowhere.
Mental holocaust.
Battle never ends.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Lie!
Mask the pain
Lie!
To myself
Praise the new regime.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I left me long ago

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
No argument to stay.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
No home to call my own,
No finding someone new.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
No name to carry on,
No promise for today.
No one to hear the call,

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Walk the razor's edge,
Cut into the madness.
Question all you trust,
Buy into the fear.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I, I know the man -
I know him all too well.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Lost is who I want to be

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
On any given day,
I'll take it all away.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

H A D Ú R

THE CONFUSION OF CHAOS

name: Hadúr, Hodúr in old Hungarian, short for Hadak Ura, meaning "warlord" or "lord of the armies".

reason: Reason for choosing the name - well, I knew I had to have the perfect name for this guy. He's deadly, that much was obvious, so he needed a name that had pride and respect as a given, and just saying it was bound to make some of the weaker-spined guards of fabulous treasures wet their wee little shorts. So Hadúr it was. It souned old, and proud, and the meaning was just an added bonus c:

personality: Hadúr is a brazen and charming member of the bat dragon species. He's daring, too, he won't back down even if he knows he cannot win. A scallywag, a swashbuckler both Hadúr and Thracian have been called many things - not all of them nice. A denizen of the shadows, Hadúr seems to be little more than a ghost, a sigh in the boughs of a pine tree and the hint of a shadow at noon. For all that he is, however, there is more than meets the eye, and his random acts of kindness should not be taken lightly. Everything has a price, and even this robin-hood-in-arms has his stories.

history: Not much is known about Hadúr. He was abandoned by misfortune, or chance, or both, and was found young and blind by a boy. With his first few days on the streets Hadúr had lost a tailfin, the youth whom found him fixed him up with "hard-earned" (nicked) money. Thracian spent weeks stealing supplies to that Hadúr could fly again. They spent months playing and feeding and stealing, sleeping in a muddy pile under a bench or a moldy pile of blankets or worse -
    or better.

The year passed and Hadúr grew up, a young bat dragon without a rider. Thracian learned along with the young male, and though they had a couple of nasty falls they both made it, and in time Thracian's legs hardened and his arms grew wiry with the strain of holding fast to Hadúr's neck, and before they knew it they had left their birth city to find better places to rob. Every place they came across would have things disappear, and the pair sold their 'treasures' in the next town. Hadúr protected their keep, an unspoken promise of better tack as the pile grew. A few coins, here and there, would disappear into the hungry, grasping hand of street kids, their tear-and-soot stained faces reminding Thracian of his own childhood, and he remembered the sharp gratitude of being handed a few coins - if it meant that those kids would be able to eat for the night, well, Hadúr didn't mind sharing a few coins either.

But they developed a problem. Because of their generosity, or habit of stealing from the rich, or both - this haphazard kindnesses that Thracian and Hadúr developed became a sort of reputation. They really are a pair of scallywags and thieves, but they can always find shelter from the authorities in the poor sectors.

Once Thracian saved up enough money, he actually did reputable business for once. Going to the tanners was nerve-wracking for both males, but in the end they had Hadúr measured, and the prints were sent to the blacksmith after to add the finishing touches. The price was monstrous, but nothing that Thracian didn't already have

Anything for his Hadúr.
    Both were immensely pleased with the work and Hadúr was glad that Thracian couldn't fall off any more. The pair began to be more daring, flying right into prisons to break people out, executing razor-sharp turns and flying upside down in some of their more brazen rescue missions.

SADDLE INFORMATION:
    saddle - suede grip for long flights. supple tree, even with short length, for the outstanding agility needed in their line of work. groove for knees for extra grip & support. short saddle to get rid of unnecessary weight on Hadúr. edge of saddle lined with the teeth of their victims (or Hadúr's prey). six rows, like shark teeth. has a breast strap, two cinches, and a tail strap to stop most movement during escapes - also has a safety strap that is wrapped around Thracian's waist and lower body for upside-down flights and maneuvers.
    bridle - no bit, so Hadúr is free to bite enemies. noseband is leather with colored stones and shiny rocks given to Hadúr and Thracian for doing "good" deeds. noseband is held on by leather crownpiece. also has the matching canine teeth of Hadúr's first victim affixed to the front.
    missing tailfin - the missing tailweb is not a problem, as Hadúr had corrective surgery. The missing flap was replaced with a sturdy but flexible strip of leather. Thracian likes to paint skulls on it sometimes.

Thracian Sabazios. It means 'god of the underworld, usually depicted on funeral statues as a horseman slaying a beast with a spear; the nomadic horseman and sky father god of the Phrygians and Thracians - depicted always on horseback, as a nomadic horseman god, wielding his characteristic staff of power.'

Thracian is a pull-himself-up-by-his-bootstraps kind of person. He doesn't give up easily and thrives in situations that others would find discouraging. His greatest strength, is, of course, one of his weaknesses. He's cool in a crisis, calm in the storm, and collected amongst chaos. Even someone like him can run into trouble sometime.

form stuff: pictures do not belong to me, credit goes to their original owners, the quotes is a song by Avenged Sevenfold.
Last edited by parlaymars on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
parlaymars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Username:
Name: Deminos
Tack:
Rider Information:
Beyall Task [wip]

marking, will do soon.

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackWren » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:19 am

Name: Monochrome
Goes by; Chrome
Tack: Click.
Rider's name; Ren Hechi [Rən, Hey-chay]
Age; 17 years old
Birthdate; March 12th, 1997
Height; 5.2 Feet
Weight; 157lbs
Appearance; [Adding reference soon]

A Frightful Experience;;
-- How Monochrome and Ren met --

There's a Reason we Exist;;
-- Why Chrome and Ren raid --
Notes to self:
- Began so Ren could afford to pay for her brother's medications.
- Paid for their services after many successful runs.
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoneWolf-Gage » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:52 am

marking.
Image<--CLICK-->Image

Code: Select all
[center][img][/img]
[b][u]Name [/u][/b]
[b][u]Called[/u][/b]
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]

[b][u]Personality[/u][/b]
[b][u]History[/u][/b]

[b][u]Family[/u][/b]
[b][u]Pets[/u][/b]

[b][u]Likes[/u][/b]
[b][u]Dislikes[/u][/b]
[b][u]Skills [/u][/b]
[b][u]Habits [/u][/b]

[b][u]Appearance [/u][/b]
-[u]Height[/u]
-[u]Weight[/u]
-[u]Body Type[/u]
-[u]Skin Toned[/u]
-[u]Hair Color[/u]
-[u]Eye color[/u]
-[u]Scars[/u]
-[u]Modifications[/u]

[b][u]Style[/u][/b]
-[u]Shirts[/u]
-[u]Pants[/u]
-[u]Shoes[/u]
-[u]Hat[/u]

[b][u]Other[/u][/b]
-[u]Vehicle [/u]
[/quote][/center]
[center][u][b]Username[/b][/u]
[u][b]Photo[/b][/u]
[u][b]Name[/b][/u]
[u][b]Age[/b][/u]
[u][b]Gender[/b][/u]
[u][b]Breed[/b][/u]
[u][b]Line[/b][/u]
-[b]Sire[/b]
-[b]Dame[/b]
[u][b]Personality[/b][/u]
[u][b]History[/b][/u]
[u][b]Regent[/b][/u]
-[b]Descent [/b]
-[b]Current[/b]
[u][b]Appearance[/b][/u]
-[b]Coat[/b]
Color
Type
-[b]Eyes[/b]
Color
Shape
-[b]Build[/b]
Height
Length
Weight
-[b]Ears[/b]
Position
[u][b]Likes[/b][/u]
[u][b]Dislikes[/b][/u]
[u][b]Fears[/b][/u]
[u][b]Other[/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b]Username[/b][/u]
[img][/img]
    [u][b]Name[/b][/u]
    [u][b]Age[/b][/u]
    [u][b]Gender[/b][/u]
    [u][b]Line[/b][/u]
    -[b]Sire[/b]
    -[b]Dame[/b]
    [u][b]Personality[/b][/u]
    [u][b]History[/b][/u]
    [u][b]Regent[/b][/u]
    -[b]Descent [/b]
    -[b]Current[/b]
    [u][b]Appearance[/b][/u]
    -[b]Coat[/b]
    -Color
    -Type
    -[b]Eyes[/b]
    -Color
    -Shape
    -[b]Build[/b]
    Height
    Length
    Weight
     -[b]Ears[/b]
    -Position
    [u][b]Skills[/b][/u]
    [u][b]Likes[/b][/u]
    [u][b]Dislikes[/b][/u]
    [u][b]Fears[/b][/u]
[u][b]Power[/b][/u]
[u][b]Other[/b][/u]
[/center]
LoneWolf-Gage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:59 am

I ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ Ian ♥ wrote:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Hide my face again,
Harbor in the shadows.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I can't go on this way.
Not as I am today.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Take aim, a loaded gun.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Carry me to nowhere.
Mental holocaust.
Battle never ends.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Lie!
Mask the pain
Lie!
To myself
Praise the new regime.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I left me long ago

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
No argument to stay.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
No home to call my own,
No finding someone new.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
No name to carry on,
No promise for today.
No one to hear the call,

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Walk the razor's edge,
Cut into the madness.
Question all you trust,
Buy into the fear.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I, I know the man -
I know him all too well.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Lost is who I want to be

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
On any given day,
I'll take it all away.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This means war
This means war
This means war
This means war
This means war

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

H A D Ú R

THE CONFUSION OF CHAOS

or better.

Anything for his Hadúr.

SADDLE INFORMATION:

Congrats! Sorry for the huge wait guys, I sort of forgot XP
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me