Artist Ruki Ki [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Velynn #11 -Winners-

Postby Ruki Ki » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:13 pm

What is a Velynn?
Velynns (pronounced [vehy-lynns]) are canine-like creatures most often known for their two soft tufts of feathers, one on their back between their shoulders, and one in place of their tails. The very first Velynns were created from particularly strong daydreams, thoughts, or ideas, and to this day those Velynns without parents come into existence through this same way. Being light and airy, much like thoughts and dreams, Velynns have been known to float. However, they never stop floating! A Velynn not held down will continue to float up and up forever, which doesn't often end well. Because of this, Velynns have always been given anchors of all colors to hang around their neck on a rope. This anchor allows them to walk and move normally on the ground, but it still allows them to levitate above the ground for short period of time, jump higher than normal, and seemingly drift around much more fluidly than any other similar species. If a Velynn was created from a particularly strong idea, it is not uncommon to see them surrounded with wisps of swirling, colored light, most often around their paws.

My first Velynn as a GA oDo Hopefully I can get some nice designs out for you people ;v; <3

To win please give him or her an interesting personality and backstory.
It ends on March 3rd ouo
Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;;
Personality;;
Backstory;;

Congrats to winners Rachelmakenzie and d.o ouo
Last edited by Ruki Ki on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ruki Ki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Velynn #11

Postby CeruleanRush » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:58 pm

wheeze
casual post so I can stalk this
🕺
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Username;; Simonpet
Name;; Anchor Target AKA Tara
Gender;; Female
Personality;; Tara is a forgetful Velynn, often going to do something and wondering what she was supposed to do. She is seemingly unable of remembering anything but names, and even that can be forgotten quite quickly.
Backstory;; Tara:
Ummm, what is that? I never knew I had one!

Tara was born on the street. I mean, she was born on a street, right as the light turned green. Her unlucky mother never got out of that, as she was hit by a car. Light little baby Tara flew out of the way, light as a feather. Her father snatched her up, naming her Target because of her mom, and Anchor because he hoped she would always have an anchor. She doesn't remember anything but her father speaking to her, because she forgot everything to preserve her fragile mind. Sadly, she never recovered. She has lived on the same street where her mom died, but she doesn't know or care why. Tara has only recently started to look for a companion after she started remembering her traumatic past life. She hopes for a happy life ahead.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatzel » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:03 am

----------------
Form is a wip ouo
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;;
Personality;;
Backstory;;
Last edited by Tatzel on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tatzel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 am

Username;; Agent Zero
Name;; Gionix Glitch. nicknames - Gio, Glitch [reserved]
Gender;; male
Personality;;
Backstory;;

grr, i don't know whether i want to enter or not...... i can only own four and this would be my third.... but he looks soo..... pretty. i'll be stalking this.

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beachy. » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:24 am

Username;; ~Chernobyl~
Name;; Tweetie (not spelled like Tweety Bird T__T lol)
Gender;; Female
Personality;; A gifted and admirable Velynn, Tweetie is much like a bird, always running to-and-fro, never able to sit still, active and gentle. She knows the dangers of losing her anchor, but she can't help but wonder what it's like to soar in the clouds, and not just flitting above the ground. She can be tough and outgoing, but she has a kind and gentle heart, spending most of her days in the beautiful fields of bright wildflowers.
Backstory;; Tweetie was born in the summer of '96, and she was the most beautiful child her parents had ever seen. They loved her more than anything, but they couldn't figure out a name, running through "River", "Lavender", "Rose", "Willow", and other nature names, but none ever came to mind. As she grew, Tweetie had a love for frolicking in the meadows, her parents watching her dance like the whole world was hers... and then she sang. Her voice was like an angel had blessed her, mouth gaped open and smiling as if she didn't care that her little lungs could burst from singing so loud for so long. A little canary heard her and swooped down to her side, dancing around her and twittering joyously in her sound, and that's when it hit them; they'd call her Tweetie, after the little bird that heard her song.
Years went by, and the bird stayed with Tweetie, even in the harsh cold of winter. When she turned 18, the bird disappeared. Sadness hit Tweetie like a hard wave that her only friend was gone. Her parents did so much to try and make her feel better, but she was already gone. Now she no longer sings, but she waits in the meadow for her friend to return home.

If I win her, I want to have a handsome Velynn to have a story where he finds her and they fall in love and she starts singing again.
Last edited by Beachy. on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beachy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

noiz!

Postby pep » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:50 am

username;; d.o
    hello there! i'm d.o. being a current non-owner of any velynns, i stumbled across the species
    while wandering through the 'created pets' forums one day, and came across this beauty. i
    fell in love with the lines and i knew i had to begin trying out for these cuties until i had one
    to call my own! so, here i am, trying for the first time for a velynn and hoping for the best.

name;; Noiz
    this velynn seemed like the type who would fit this name. i've had an obsession with naming
    adoptables i'm trying out for with names from a certain anime or show or video games, so
    this one will inherit the name noiz from the character noiz from dramatical murder.
    (please take caution when searching this game; it contains explicit material. you've been
    warned.) noiz isn't a common name, so you could probably assume where i grabbed it from in
    the first place. despite this, i feel he suits the name.

gender;; Male
    matching his counterpart, or the person who had his name in the first place, i feel this
    velynn would suit the gender of male. he would have little doubt in changing that, despite
    having the occasional thought cast in a feminine direction. he tends to like males, both
    romantically and in friendship, better than females, however. c;

personality;; despite having a rather harsh and hostile appearance
    at first impression, noiz is a huge sweetheart, and his favorite thing to do is nuzzle up
    into someone's side and take a nap. he has a generally-frivolous persona full of playful
    sarcasm and plenty of teasing that conceals his true affections. he doesn't seem to be
    too expressive, usually wearing an indifferent expression, which is likely why he's taken
    to be a velynn with plenty of apathy. when around others he's fond towards, he's adoring
    and terribly gentle, almost cautious at times. one of his biggest fears are hurting one of
    those close to him, either emotionally or physically. he is generally selfless and will do
    whatever it takes for his friend or close family to smile. when one is not part of that
    tight circle he's close with, he doesn't seem to care too much, and will pay little attention
    to that. with earbuds in most of the time anyways, the only time he can truly express
    himself is with dance. yes, he likes to dance, but few know that. he's taken lessons and
    tried to teach himself certain things, though lessons have never been his thing. he
    loves to throw back his head and just let it all out.

backstory;; as a younger velynn, he was told he couldn't grow up
    to do anything. he was proclaimed a mute and deaf when he didn't react to anything nor
    answer with valid answers, only with short snippets of vocabulary that didn't mean much
    or that weren't relevant to the topic at hand. as he grew, he discovered his love for
    music, and that was when noiz began his addiction for dance. he would do it in secret,
    afraid others would judge him just as they did for his soft-spoken attitude towards the
    beginning of his life. once someone found out about his dancing he stopped through the
    rest of his childhood and teenage years. only recently had he picked up dancing again,
    and with that he enjoys letting himself free under the night sky. sometimes it's just
    lounging under the stars but other times it's dancing until he can't move in the morning.
    no matter what anyone says, his dancing is important to him, more important than
    anyone could ever understand.
Last edited by pep on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paris. » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Chell

Username: rachelmakenzie

So, what's your name?

Oh, dear, hello there. My name's- oh, gosh, this is so embarrassing- my real name's GlaDOS, after the Portal 2 game. My dad and my mum were huge gamers, and they enjoyed it so much that when they had me, they thought my markings looked like orange portals, and well- here I am. However, my parents would switch around GlaDOS and Chell, both from the game, seeing as Chell was my middle name. GlaDOS was used more if I was being rude or defiant, and Chell was for when I was being sweet. Most people I meet call me Chell, so you can call me that.

And, sorry, you're are a girl, correct?

Um, I'm a girl. Duh.

So, Chell, can you tell me a little about yourself?

Oh, I could go on for hours about this, so stop me when you've heard enough. I suppose I have a very loud and attention-drawing side to me, seeing as I always love to live in the spotlight. I have a forte for acting and being on-stage, and it is a passion I hope to pursue, especially in theatrics. I also have a softer spot though- seeing anyone in need makes me all upset inside. I try my best to help anyone in need, whether they be someone who is being bullied, someone homeless on the streets, or perhaps someone who doesn't understand something as quite as well as they should. If my acting career doesn't work out, I think being a teacher would be a great career path for me as well. I also am very jumpy and excitable, and even the slightest things excite me. Someone could come running up to me, talking about how they got a pet rat (and I absolutely despise rats) and I'd find myself jumping and excited right along with them. *She laughs* I also-
Chell, I think we get it.
*She grins sheepishly* Ok.

One last question- what was your family life like when you were growing up?

Alright, here we go. I was born in an apartment, while my dad played a video game. You think I'm kidding? I told you my parents were gamers. They both also work in computer design, so I've grown up reading codes like it was English. I designed my first video game when I was five, and I've been gaming just like my parents ever since. My mom and my dad were high-school sweethearts, and honestly one of the sweetest, nicest couples I'd ever seen in my life. I couldn't have handpicked better parents. They were amazing. I was an only child, and perhaps I grew up a little spoiled, but I like to believe I've kept my roots. My parents taught me good morals and values, and I hope I've done well in applying them in my life. My greatest childhood memory is the day my dad gave me my anchor- it's actually made out of tiny computer chips- they're too tiny to see, but its something I've always treasured. If I'm ever scared or worried, I know my parents are always with me, wherever I go. *She smiles at me.*

Thank you so much for agreeing to talk to me.

Well, it was great talking to you. I'd better go though, I have an audition to get to! Hopefully I'll see you soon!!

(Le clicky if you need info about Portal 2, what it is, and how it works.)
Last edited by paris. on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm the princess, I don't wanna be the queen.

In the city of dreamers
and do'ers
and makers
and breakers
and all those lonely people who wander
trying to find themselves
in a city where everyone is lost
paris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clio. » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:16 am

Username;;
Name;;
Gender;;
Personality;;
Backstory;;

Reserved, Need to run and find some Muse!
Clio.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Teslie : Creative Technology Freak

Postby casiopea » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 am

Username;;
    Mangoes
Name;;
    Teslie, she picked it out.
    Teslie loves lightbulbs, but she doesn't know how her name relates to it.
    Instead, she said it's a mix of the two names Tess and Leslie.
Gender;;
    Female, why can't she be a female?
Personality;;
    Teslie is intelligent, witty, and creative but too shy and
    nervous to show it off. She's just afraid that the other Velynns would
    make fun of her.
    Other than shy and nervous, she is kind-of friendly if you
    show her you're no harm. She starts being very curious about you and ask
    you questions. Once you've known her for a long time, you form a bond of
    friendship. That's when she shows her true self-

curious-witty-intelligent-creative-artistic-brave-kind

Backstory;;