Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 1 second
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

former custom; Winner: Siren~

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:07 pm

phale decided to return this guy to me since they weren't giving him enough love, so he's ufa! (8

to win, fill out the following:
Code: Select all
username:
name:
favourite recipe using pomegranate:

ends on the 24th
if the winner would like me to redo the edits, i'm more than willing. i've gotten a lot better at edits now haha [and no one seems to like my painterly edits anyway] uwu;
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: former custom UFA!

Postby Satiine » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:12 pm

username: Hello, I'm Aquamariine.

name: The name I chose is Kwai, an Asian-inspired name. It also happens to mean "egg" in the language Hausa.

personality: calm gentle affable hides his insecurities
Kwai is an easygoing deerssert, mellow and unruffled. Other deersserts respect what he has to say, and he has a gentle, caring side with youngers. While Kwai can't be called social, he can easily make a friendly, bantering conversation that puts whoever he's talking to at a comfortable ease. Yet under his unperturbed appearance, Kwai has insecurities and weaknesses that he covers as much as he can. He hates to be seen as weak or needy.

favourite recipe using pomegranate: Mustard Pomegranate Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 (1 1/2 pound) pork tenderloin
4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds

Instructions:
1. In a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine pomegranate juice, orange juice, mustard, honey, garlic, orange zest, and cayenne pepper. Tighten lid, and shake until everything is mixed well. Pour over pork tenderloin in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag, and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to 3 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Remove tenderloin from marinade, reserving the marinade. Place meat in roasting pan, and arrange pan on center rack in oven.
3. Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and reduce volume by half. Remove from heat. Place 1/2 of liquid in a cup for basting, and reserve to use as a sauce.
4. Roast tenderloin in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, basting lightly with reduced marinade until internal temperature is 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) when measured in the thickest part of the tenderloin. Remove tenderloin from oven, cover with foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Serve each portion with reserved sauce drizzled over top, and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds.
Last edited by Satiine on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hi, i'm satiine! really
just your everyday girl
who likes reading, tv shows, and art. feel
free to message me!

deviantart flight rising
Satiine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laf » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:27 pm

username:
    name:
    favourite recipe using pomegranate:
    lovely ;-; reserved
who is the best? c'est moi.
laf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr. pupper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:31 pm

username: Sun Flower Studios™
    name: Hiiro, /緋色/ - Japanese for, 'scarlet'
    personality: skittish - Hiiro is extremely
    easily surprised, and is awoken by anything that
    goes bump in the night. Even the faintest noise
    will alert his senses.

gentle - Hiiro is very gentle, like everyone
    he touches will shatter into thousands of shards
    of glass. Treating everyone like a delicate flower,
    never has anyone, even his closest friend, ever
    heard of Hiiro hurting someone in any way.

generous - Hiiro is known to give away things
    people will need more than him. Ever since he was a
    child, he would never play with toys; he would always
    walk up to a lonely deersert, and give them his toy
    if they had no toys or no one to play with.

sweet - Even as Hiiro only enjoys the company
    of close friends, he is known to be extremely nice to
    anyone he meets.

chef - Hiiro is known for making, completing,
    and perfecting recipes. One day, he even aspires to
    be a chef, and known all over the world!

loner - Hiiro prefers to be alone than crowded
    be a large group of people. This fear of being surrounded
    by deerserts leads him to claustrophobia, a fear of
    confined spaces.
    favourite recipe using pomegranate: site

Pear and Pomegranate Salad

original recipe makes two salads
    3 cups green leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn - 1 Bartlett
    or Anjou pear - 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds - 1 tablespoon
    vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice - 1 tablespoon
    lemon juice - 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon-style mustard -
    -1/2 tablespoon honey - ground black pepper to taste

Divide the lettuce between two bowls. Halve and core the pear,
    then cut each half in slices. Divide the pear slices and pomegranate
    seeds among the two bowls and mix gently. Combine the vegetable
    oil, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, mustard, honey, and pepper in
    a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer,
    stirring frequently, until the dressing thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
    Pour the warm dressing over the salads and serve.

Last edited by dr. pupper on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MERR
    Image i do all kinds of stupid and silly stuffImage
    im jeremy. im adult
    I'd love to talk =) ask for social media and stuff
    hmu on discord if you want @ chunklet
    ImageImage
dr. pupper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby **Snowwhisper** » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Username:
**Nightwhisper**
Name:
Gabrielle
Personality:

Favorite recipe using pomegranate:
Chocolate Pomegranate Clusters!

Wip!! <3

Dropping out, sorry just don't feel connected anymore, but good luck to those who do! :3
Last edited by **Snowwhisper** on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

ImageImage
Life doesn't hurt until you think about how much has changed,
Text text text text text text text
My kalons Fursona DA Credit
who you've lost along the way, and how much of it was your fault.
**Snowwhisper**

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Satiine » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Are extras/art allowed? c:

hi, i'm satiine! really
just your everyday girl
who likes reading, tv shows, and art. feel
free to message me!

deviantart flight rising
Satiine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:15 pm

oh, yep! sorry, i always forget to put that in the first post.
unlimited extras/art is allowed, but pleeease don't overdo it. (8

Postby Uchuujin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:40 pm

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> υѕєяиαмє
    Siren~
¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> иαмє
    Zagreus
    The Greek God Hades ruled the underworld, a dark place full of spirits that had never seen a living visitor. When he saw the maiden Persephone playing in the flowers, he was enthralled by her innocence and beauty after living for so long in his lonely realm of the dead. He was desperate to take her as his bride, and so kidnapped her, dragging her down to the underworld with him. Persephone's mother Demeter was a Goddess of many things, including agriculture. When she learned of the abduction of her precious daughter, she destroyed the lands and prevented crops from growing, causing famine and misery for the world. Zeus, the leader of the Gods, watched the mortals who worshiped him suffer and perish, and so decided he would try to bring Persephone back home to her mother. However, Persephone had been tricked. In her sorrow, she had refused to eat a single thing since arriving in the underworld, but Hades convinced her to eat the seed of a single pomegranate. She did so, unaware that eating food from the underworld condemned someone to remain there for eternity. Every year, she is able to spend a few months with her mother (which came to be the seasons of spring and summer, when her mother allowed the earth to be fruitful once more) but because of the pomegranate seed she was forced to spend the rest of the year in the underworld (when her mother's grief caused the barren seasons of autumn and winter.) This is a story that many know, but what few realize is that Persephone came to embrace her life with her husband. Perhaps she even came to love her husband. For according to some myths, they had children together, one of which was Zagreus. Some people consider Zagreus to be the son of Persephone and Zeus, but Hades is occasionally referred to as Zeus of the Underworld, and many believe he was the son of Hades instead. This is how Zagreus the deerssert was named - after the son conceived by a love that was started by the consumption of a single pomegranate seed.
¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> gєи∂єя
    male
¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> ρєяѕσиαℓιту

Morbid
    In Greece, the pomegranate is considered the "fruit of the dead," and this is something that Zagreus has taken to heart, since he bares a pomegranate on his tail. He has an obsession with the dead, and many other deerssert view him as strange, and maybe a little unnerving. He loves to spend his time at graveyards, doing things like spreading flowers on forgotten graves and tending the tombstones. He actually lives in a human graveyard, or rather in the forest surrounding it, and he spends most of his time there. When a deerssert dies, others tend to bring the body to him for prayer and burial. He doesn't have a specific deity that he prays to, instead he believes that he can use prayer to speak to the dead soul and guide them to the afterlife. He believes that ghosts are simply the souls that couldn't find the afterlife. He isn't certain what he believes the afterlife is, but he thinks it is more satisfying than roaming the earth as a ghost, so he spends a lot of time praying for the departed.

Introverted, Wary
    Zagreus tends to prefer the dead to the living, and can be quite shy and withdrawn when interacting with other deersserts. However, get him on the subject of death and spirits, and he lights up, full of enthusiasm and knowledge. Once he trusts you and believes than you aren't simply mocking him for his quirks, he is a good and loyal friend, but it is hard to convince him that you don't have bad intentions. He instinctively sees others as a threat, mostly because most people have treated him like a social outcast for his bizarre hobbies. He has a habit of being rude to strangers, since he assumes off the bat that they will be cruel to him once they know what he likes to do. Rather than risk being hurt by others, he chooses to hurt them instead.

Bookish
    When he isn't spending time in graves, he enjoys reading poetry and literature. He loves Gothic and Romantic genres, not romantic as in love stories, but romantic as in the 18th century literary movement with a focus on aesthetics and emotion. Authors and poets like Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Mary and Percy Shelley, Victor Hugo, Alexander Dumas, and Edgar Allan Poe are some of his favorites. He also is quite fond of the plays and sonnets by William Shakepeare. Frequently he will take books into the graveyard, sit somewhere comfortable, and spend the whole day just reading. Besides graves, his favorite places in the world are libraries.

Naturist, Appreciates Life
    Perhaps because of his love for romantic literature, Zagreus sees the beauty in the world around him. He is obsessed with observing the world. He finds everything from sunsets and rivers to stones and dead flowers to be fascinating and incredible. Even other deerssert - whom he distrusts on principle - are beautiful to him. Just based on appearance alone, he frequently falls in love with others whom he meets. He has never actually had a romantic connection with anyone, and he has never expressed this secret admiration to anyone. But he is obsessed with the beauty of existing and being alive ins something unique and gorgeous to him. Being around the dead so much has made him truly appreciate the living, and even though he feels it is a world he does not entirely belong in, it is a world he finds breathtaking.

Spiritual
    He wears a scrying stone like this around his neck at all times, believing he can use it to communicate in simple ways with the dead. This is mostly like "yes" or "no" questions, although sometimes he uses it with an Ouija board to get more complicated answers. He doesn't like the use of an Ouija board, though, because he does agree with the experts that it can open a portal and let negative things in. He only uses it in cases of what he views to be emergencies.

Dreamer
    Zagreus frequently has vivid dreams, and he pays close attention to them, believing strongly that they are divinations of the future or messages from those who have departed. He is obsessed with interpreting dreams, including the dreams of others. If a friend mentions a dream to him, he is eager to tell them what he believes the meaning is. Most people believe he is just being fanciful and romantic, but he pays no attention to their eye rolling and comments.

Stubborn
    In his youth, Zagreus allowed all of the teasing to get to him. He was very afraid of social situations. However, he has come to ignore the cruelties of others, and turn his back on any negative words. The result is that he has become extremely set in his own ways, because he takes everything contrary that people say as an attack on himself. Even when someone is genuinely trying to be helpful he tends to mistake it and put his walls up. Some of his distance from others isn't just because of his strangeness, but because his defenses have made him unapproachable.
¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> fανσяιтє яє¢ιρє υѕιиg ρσмєgяαиαтє
    For the cupcakes
  • 1 cup butter, room temperature
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • zest of 2 lemons
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
    For the frosting
  • 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • pomegranate seeds

Preheat the oven to 375 F ||| Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy ||| Add the eggs, one at a time ||| Stir in the lemon zest, juice, and extract ||| In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, flour, and baking powder ||| Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir until combined ||| Add half of the milk and combine ||| Add another 1/3 of the dry ingredients and combine ||| Add in the remaining milk, then the remaining dry mixture, stirring until it is completely combined ||| Divide the mixture into cupcake tins and bake until a tester inserted comes out clean, about 18 minutes ||| While cooling the cupcakes, begin the frosting by bringing the pomegranate juice to a boil on the stove ||| Boil until it is reduced by half, then cool completely ||| Beat the butter until light and creamy ||| Add powdered sugar and beat until incorporated ||| Add the cooled pomegranate sauce and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes ||| Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and decorate with pomegranate seeds

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> pнyѕιcal deтaιlѕ
  • Zagreus is larger than most deersserts - rather than being the size of a border collie, he is closer to the size of a mastiff. As a young deerssert, he was the butt of many jokes because of his awkward build, but he has grown used to his size and is actually surprisingly nimble.
  • When speaking, Zagreus's voice tends to be soft and breathy, as though he is always talking at just above a whisper. You know he is serious or angry when he speaks at a normal tone.
  • Zagreus is an adult, although he is still on the young side, not yet close to middle age

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> qυιякѕ
  • When Zagreus sheds his antlers, he buries them in opened graves.
  • Zagreus does associate as a male, however, when his antlers are shed he spends the days before they grow back imagining himself to be female
  • Zagreus has been witness to over 200 funerals, and only about 5 or so of them were people he actual knew alive.
  • Zagreus, without even intending to, sometimes writes poetry and prose in his head. He also occasionally narrates his life, and slips into referring to himself in third person. This is just something he picked up from reading so often. He rarely actually writes anything of his own.
  • You can tell when Zagreus is getting defensive and shutting down in a conversation because he will suddenly be completely unable to maintain eye contact. Looking away or even turning his shoulder or back to someone is his way of trying to escape.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> relaтιonѕнιpѕ
Zagreus was once bullied as a youth, and is quite shy, so he has put up a lot of walls that make him a difficult deerssert to form relationships with. However, once he is close to someone he is a loving and loyal friend.
    Laertes
    Laertes and Zagreus have a strange relationship with one another. When they met, Zagreus was immediately intrigued. "Oh, you're named after the character from Hamlet!" Zagreus exclaimed, but Laertes of course had no idea what he was talking about. Zagreus has been pleading with Laertes to read the play ever since they met, but Laertes is just as stubborn as he is, and believes reading is boring. In the beginning, Laertes snickered at Zagreus behind his back, finding his obsession with the dead to be completely bizarre, and Zagreus found Laertes to be uneducated and reckless. Both of their stubborn personalities had lead to many arguments. They never actually apologize to one another, but eventually the anger dissipates and they begin speaking again. Are they friends? They aren't sure what to call one another, but they are close.

Okay I have the basics completed, but my apps are basically always a WIP hahaha - I may poke around with this a bit as I think of more details or find more relationships. Can't wait to see all the other WIPs completed 8D
Last edited by Uchuujin on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snownina » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 am

username: snownina
name: Pome (P-oh-m)
personality: Gentle, caring, kind. Yeah right. As if. He has a lot.of sneaky plans up in his sly mind and loves to prank people. He likes to watch scary movies, amd is sometimes a bit rough to others He says stuff before thinking, and is kind of rowdy.
favourite recipe using pomegranate: Chocolate Pomegranate Waffles. Ever heard of pomegranate juice? Add milk, blend it, put it on top of a chocolate covered waffle...bliss.
hiatus - finals
snownina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:11 pm

i usually wait until it's late into the day of the final day of judging to judge, but i'm up and it's officially the 24th here so why not.
winner is Siren~!
i feel they put the most into their form. thanks for entering, everyone!
let me know if you want the edits redone/anything added, siren!