Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Alrarium Bears ;; Open for Posting! c: by Aravel

Artist Aravel [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Alrarium Bears ;; Open for Posting! c:

Postby Aravel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:34 pm

What is an Alrarium Bear?

An Alrarium Bear is an inhabitant of the planet Alrarium, a planet known for it's mysterious floating islands, the naturally pink and orange sky, white and purple plants, incredibly clear waters, and it's blue hued stones. This planet is also known to carry large lava fields and a polar region, as well as it's two suns. The bears, inhabit regions where the temperature in the winter gets below freezing, and in the summer, just after they've shed, can get to a comfortable warm.

These bears, at first glance, are known for their extra mane. This is used to keep warm in the winters, but the larger and brighter, the more attractive you male bear is to females. Males will often fluff out their manes in front of the females to entice them and become mates. However, when multiple males "like" the same female, often a bloodbath will occur. You may have also noticed their tooth sticking out. This feature allows them a more deadly bite.

What you may not have noticed immediately, until you read this, is that each bear has a small, and normally not all that powerful element. Coat colors reflect their element, usually. The bears can have one of them following elements:
~ Water
~ Ice
~ Air
~ Earth
~ Fire
~ Electricity

The element of theirs is never usually all that powerful. For instance, an electric one might, if touched, shock something enough for it potentially be temporarily stunned. Or a water one might be able to condense water out of the air or make small streams or waves. However, if mastered, they can be incredibly powerful. (tsunamis, for instance) However, even still, it drains their physical energy to do something so powerful and is therefore hardly done.

Alrarium Bears also live together in a ranked kind of pack. These packs are often very large, and not many exist. (Just because they are rather large.) It's also very common for a bear to be and live alone.

Alrarium Bear packs rank as such:

Leader

Second in Charge

The Council:
Council of Elders (The 5 eldest bears) ;; Council of the Brave (top 5 guardians) ;; Council of the Source (top 5 hunters)

Lead Guardian ;; Lead Hunter

Guardians ;; Hunters

Apprentices

Elders ;; Mothers ;; cubs

Unranked (Because of disobedience, newcomer, etc.)
Last edited by Aravel on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Surprise c:

Postby Aravel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Reserved
Last edited by Aravel on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Surprise c:

Postby Aravel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Reserved
Last edited by Aravel on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Alrarium Bears ;; Open for Posting! c:

Postby Aravel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Posting is open, and now I just have to add the information. Although, I just might make a few actual adopts during c;
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Alrarium Bears ;; Open for Posting! c:

Postby Aravel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:57 pm

I have the general information up, but the entire front page will change soon and be neat, organized, and very useful. ^^

Also, I'll be getting stamps for these, and this species is currently open to any affiliates. C:

Last bumped by Aravel on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:57 pm.
╒══════════════════════════════════╕

she/her | adult | registered nurse

discord: Aravel#8782

Feel free to PM me or send me trades.
All commissions are closed until announced.

╘══════════════════════════════════╛
Aravel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me