Ceriath Cat 3 ADOPT ME by Chibi

Based on Click to view
Artist Chibi [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Ceriath Cat 3 ADOPT ME

Postby Chibi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Ceirath Cats are a strange species, a mix between a cat and a deer. These deer-sized creatures live in plains and young forests, where they travel and hunt in groups. Their name a mix of the Welsh words ceirw, deer, and gath, cat, it seems like the naming of the species got mixed up, becoming the deer cat Cats!

Terminology:
- male = buck
- female = doe
- baby = cub
- group of Ceirath Cats = clan
* Ceirath Cat antlers are technically horns, as they do not fall off like antlers do, but the terms are interchangeable due to the antler-like appearance in males.

Physical:
- usually 2-3 feet tall at the shoulder, males larger than females. About the size of a regular deer.
- front half looks like a cat, with big cat characteristics like powerful legs, sharp retractable claws, and big rounded ears.
- hind half looks like a deer, with cloven hooves and deer-like anatomy.
- eyes dilate like a cat's, slitted in bright light and round in the dark.
- short, smooth fur, with fluffiness on the underside of both types of tails.
- coat color ranges from deer-like patterns on brown or tan, to bright domestic cat colors on any pattern/marking cats can come in.
- usually live to be 40-45 years old, sometimes older, considered elderly at 30.

Males:
- larger than females, and stronger.
- have deer-like antlers, used for fighting other males for dominance and protecting the clan.
- more likely to have bright cat coloration than females, so they can impress them.
- males lead the clan, sometimes with one other dominant male. Subordinate males may live in the clan with some breeding rights.

Females:
- smaller than males, but faster.
- very uncommon for females to have small, curved horns. These females are usually bigger and more masculine in appearance.
- more likely to have brown or tan (camouflage-like) coloration, so they can hide from predators.
- rare for a female to lead a clan.
- more common for females to have long tails than males, so they can keep cubs warm, entertain them, etc.

Cubs:
- about the size of a chihuahua when born.
- have white spots like a fawn's, adult coloring is beneath, but muted so the cub is better camouflaged.
- cub fur molts at about 1 year old and adult coloring shows, horns grow in, and it enters adolescent stage (slightly smaller than adults).
- once a cub reaches adolescence, its tail will either grow longer and become a cat-like tail, or stay the same and be a short, deer-like tail.
- full grown at 2 years old.

Coat Specifics:
- most common coloring is deer-like patterns on brown or tan.
- deer patterns can come in domestic cat coloring, or vise versa.
- uncommon for both deer and cat patterns to be present on one Ceirath Cat, very uncommon for this to be in a cat coloring.
- rarest coloring is cat coloring on front half and deer coloring on hind half, or vise versa.

Habitat and Diet:
- originated in the Great Plains of N. America, and are spreading. Some have been imported to Europe and Asia.
- live in plains and secondary forests
- omnivorous, but prefer a meat-rich diet.
- clans typically consist of one or two dominant males, females and their cubs (usually by a dominant male), and subordinate males.

ooohhhh this gal has some oddities to her...

To adopt this gal fill out the form below and post a cute gif of a maine coon
Code: Select all
Username
Ceriath Cat Name:
Gif:
Attention All
I have officially quit CS. If you would like to ask me any questions then visit my deviantart Bye guys
Chibi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me