New Armor Concept by Pure Dragon

Based on Click to view
Artist Pure Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

New Armor Concept

Postby Pure Dragon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:43 pm

I wasn't liking Kenzie's old armor so I decided to change it up a bit. This is basically the concept sketches, to finish when I have more time.

Kenzie is an air warrior and plays to that strength. He keeps his armor light, with not much more than shoulder and wrist guards. However, the wings make up for any disadvantages that such light armor has. The shoulder, "elbow" and "finger" joints are operational and controlled by a strong leather cord. Through a series of springs and the cording, he is able to open and close the wings at will by either extending or tucking in his front legs, where the cord is connected to his wrist guards. When his legs are tucked, the cord has slack, allowing springs in the wing fully open it. Untucking his leg pulls the cord back down, compressing the springs and closing the wing. The cord is kept out of the way by a couple rings on his armor, which keep the cord close to his body where it's unlikely to snag. Although incapable of true flight, the wings, in combination with his air powers, allow Kenzie to glide for very long periods of time. He can steer moderately well, by partially closing one wing, although turning will shorten his gliding time considerably. He can also utilise the wings as shields in combat. In the pouch on his hindquarters, he keeps herbal rememdies to cure infections and thicken blood, to speed along the healing of more serious injuries. It is extremely rare for him to share these herbs, if he ever does, it is only with high-ranking warriors who have earned his respect and are gravely injured.
Last edited by Pure Dragon on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kenzie w/Armor

Postby starry--knight » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Lovely job on the armor! And welcome to.the community!
Be sure to add those leg bracers, but otherwise everything looks great (:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist