Saltare Aereo by Equid Phantasm

Based on Click to view
Artist Equid Phantasm [gallery]
Time spent 12 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Saltare Aereo

Postby Equid Phantasm » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:59 am

Hello Calix, my name is Saltare Aero, or just Aereo for short.

Nice to meet you. My name is derived from the Italian language. Saltare is Italian (Or a synonym in Italian) for spring and Aereo means bird in Italian. You can change my name if it's not right.

When you said you wanted a unique aspect for the Cross Fox, I wasn't certain if you wanted something unique like horns? Or if you wanted something unique about a realistic fox.

Sooooo, that being said, I made both on layers so you could decide... The small bull horn shaped but pencil width horns and horn jewelry are placed on layers, as are the markings, so if you don't like one or the other, I'll remove it/them.

I thought, since you didn't want piercings, hair, or clothing, why not put a small other piece of jewelry to mark rank or some such thing. I'm not a role player, so I don't know what would be appropriate, but I thought if there "Were" horns, then the jewelry could be kind of like a charm bracelet with Pandora type beads to mark a rank such as a medicine fox or a trainer.

If you would like me to make jewelry similar for around the neck instead of for horns, I would be more than happy to do so.

Oh, I used a dark dark brown instead of black although I know cross fox' legs are black. I can darken color for you if you'd like.

I made the unique markings and then realized that one I'd been working on looked like a bird... even at random, and then I remembered I may have accidentally done it sub-conscientiously because you wanted a bird companion. Either way, if you decide to keep the markings, there's the bird impression in the unique striped pattern.

I had to get some rest tonight, but tomorrow I'm adding a bird companion to fit the leg marking.

I'll let you decide what style/type, etc you want to keep and I'll either delete the layers you don't want, or modify them to what you do want.

Equid

P.s. I did a little foxy research and found 3 things I did not know about foxes.

First, I did not know that fox's eye pupil is shaped like a cat's eye, slitted, not round like typical canines.

Second, I found out that the color isn't a unique variety of fox, but rather it's a color phase of the red fox and is getting very difficult to see because of hunting.

Lastly, I found out that a black fox is almost completely unheard of and that a black fox pelt although it is not illegal if you have a fox license, can bring a hunter as much as $1200 and that was back from a price quote from 1924, so you can imagine how rare and unique a true black fox would be today.

I'm off to rest. Let me know what you would like to have done.

P.P. S. The background is just a little snow and some first Spring flowers peeking through known as Crocus and sometimes another variety comes in early called Purple Mountain Saxifrage but I think it's a little early for them in Spring.
Equid Phantasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Saltare Aereo

Postby Clowesia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am

Brilliant work like usual!

You are my Senpai
    My only Senpai
    You give me dokis
    When seas are grey
    You'll never notice me
    But I still love you
    You're sugoi, kawaii desu ne~♥
Clowesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Equid Phantasm » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:35 am

Aaw, thank you Clowesia. I hope she likes it too. I had fun creating the pet. The prizes are also very worth the time spent.

Oh, I forgot to mention to take 2 hours off the timer, I left it on during dinner and TV time, oops.

Equid
Equid Phantasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Gorgeous entry! For the unique aspect, I meant unique markings, but horns are great too!
Thank you for entering!

(ps, *he ^^)

Art Shop: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4788164
currently closed
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me