Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

The Kitsumashi - no posting by Bebop

Based on Click to view
Artist Bebop [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The Kitsumashi - no posting

Postby Bebop » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:27 pm

Species lines and concept by the wonderful Hoshikuzu

Kitsumashi [kit-soo-mah-shee]--The name itself is a twist of the Japanese word Kitsune, meaning fox, and Tamashi, meaning soul. For short though, we call these creatures Kmashi.

Kitsumashi are spirits. They fly around collecting lost souls, which they carry around in the form of scrolls. These 'scrolls' are generally swallowed by the Kistunemashi during travel (when there are too many on hand to carry), then later regurgitated when it's time for these souls to be placed in the "Eternal Library". Then, and only then, is one of the rare times you may see a Kitsumashi mask-less. That's right, even while eating KMashi keep their masks on. Though to eat, all they really need to do is hover around their meal and slowly feasts on it's sins. Yes, Kitsumashi are Sin Eaters, though generally they feed off the small things, like white lies or harmless secrets. Small douses of guilt which can add up over time. It does not harm the victim at all either, merely leaving them feeling more at ease.

When on duty (collecting lost souls which need help 'moving on'), KMashi always wear their masks. They are born with said masks, which may only be removed once they reach the age of three. That's fairly a scratch on their lifespan though, considering these fluffy spirits are immortal. Spirit or not, you can still touch them if they allow you to. Otherwise, like any other spirit, they're invisible souls floating about, non-palpable nor sensible. That's why they're so hard to find. Once you own one though, they're relatively easy to care for, considering they don't eat any human foods or have any particular habitat. They simply need care and exercise to stay healthy.
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me