SS No. 39 - Adopt Me! by owls-in-october

Based on Click to view
Artist owls-in-october [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SS No. 39 - Adopt Me!

Postby owls-in-october » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Sand Surfers are small, furry creatures that stand about a twenty inches tall, fifteen inches long, and weigh an average of seven pounds for both genders. These animals are native to the deserts of Egypt, India, and Africa. The Sand Sufer's coat is thin and soft, making for easy travel across the sand. You may have noticed the large tail at the ends of their bodies. Sand Surfer's use their muscled tail to "surf" across sand in the desert. These creatures live mainly underground in complex tunnels that are about five feet below the surface to keep cool. Sand Surfers are omnivores, meaning they eat both meat and plant material. A common food of the species are small rodents, small birds, small reptiles, berries, grasses, and nuts. They also eat eggs of other animals when they can get their hands on them.

Wow, gettin' up there in numbers, aren't we? Only 11 to go until we hit 50! :D
This contest is free-ranged, like a cow. Do whatever you want, any extras you want, just so long as it's a) decorated/formatted and b) includes the Surfer's name and gender. :3

Code: Select all
Name:

Enddate unset.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SS No. 39 - Adopt Me!

Postby ~Tornado~ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:46 pm

possible reserve
Birds, Reptiles, and The Elder Scrolls, and my drawing tablet, basically are all I need in life.

Hi I'm Tornado, I like animals, drawing, and The Elder Scrolls. Ive been on this site for years and am pretty friendly so im always up to chat!

Selina ref guide
Best thing since sliced cheese.
Don't do Skooma kids
Kids these days
Angel on earth
Note: Finish Cp's request At with PD

~Tornado~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dundundundun » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 am

Name: I think it should be Alaina
Use: loveduck1
Other stuff: :) she so cute thx for doing this! BD
dundundundun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm

- up -
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:37 am

Judging this on Monday, please finish all forms ;)
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:48 am

leolani ★ wrote:
This contest is free-ranged, like a cow.

I laughed at that for far too long.
I'll give it a shot. I think she's really cute. I love the blending you did, it looks fantastic. The shades of brown/copper just meld into each other so well.

Name: Verdant [vur-dnt], meaning "green with vegetation; fertile; inexperienced; unsophisticated."

Whatever Else You Want to Add: First of all, I think this girl would make a great friend for my runner-up, who I don't yet have a good name for. I believe they would get along really well together, and the fact that they're both rather dark in color would make my stories a lot easier to write, as I've already pictured my runner-up to live in the more urban areas in the desert, especially near the banks of the Nile.

There's something else: this girl would live near the Nile river. Why? Because it's the only place she would really fit in; stick her in the middle of the desert and she's sure to be gobbled up within a day. Her rich, saturated coloring simply isn't camouflage. But by the river delta, she'll blend in with the mud and the shadows, and the vegetation is a good place to hide or dig the entrance to a den.

I wrote this on the first two forms I made for Sand Surfers. I'm quoting it because I can't really say I discovered this species "not too long ago" anymore, and I also now own three (one regular one, a runner-up, and a custom.) ^^; But everything else is true.
tawnypelt3 wrote:I discovered Sand Surfers not too long ago, and I immediately decided I wanted to write about them. I dreamed about their life in the desert, and thought up all the little bits of culture for them. One quite notable piece is that all of their names (or of the sand surfers I own and write about, anyway, which at the moment is zero) will be adjectives, describing some piece of their personality or character. And thus, Verdant would be energetic full of life, and perhaps just a little bit naive (in the sense of not knowing about the "outside world," or any place outside her desert climate). It just seems to fit in with their isolated culture, I think. Many, many civilizations have done and are still doing the same thing, such as tribes in Africa, Native Americans both modern and ancient, and old Asian peoples.

Will add more if I have time.
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:33 am

tawnypelt3 wrote:
leolani ★ wrote:
This contest is free-ranged, like a cow.

I laughed at that for far too long.
I'll give it a shot. I think she's really cute. I love the blending you did, it looks fantastic. The shades of brown/copper just meld into each other so well.

Name: Verdant [vur-dnt], meaning "green with vegetation; fertile; inexperienced; unsophisticated."

Whatever Else You Want to Add: First of all, I think this girl would make a great friend for my runner-up, who I don't yet have a good name for. I believe they would get along really well together, and the fact that they're both rather dark in color would make my stories a lot easier to write, as I've already pictured my runner-up to live in the more urban areas in the desert, especially near the banks of the Nile.

There's something else: this girl would live near the Nile river. Why? Because it's the only place she would really fit in; stick her in the middle of the desert and she's sure to be gobbled up within a day. Her rich, saturated coloring simply isn't camouflage. But by the river delta, she'll blend in with the mud and the shadows, and the vegetation is a good place to hide or dig the entrance to a den.

I wrote this on the first two forms I made for Sand Surfers. I'm quoting it because I can't really say I discovered this species "not too long ago" anymore, and I also now own three (one regular one, a runner-up, and a custom.) ^^; But everything else is true.
tawnypelt3 wrote:I discovered Sand Surfers not too long ago, and I immediately decided I wanted to write about them. I dreamed about their life in the desert, and thought up all the little bits of culture for them. One quite notable piece is that all of their names (or of the sand surfers I own and write about, anyway, which at the moment is zero) will be adjectives, describing some piece of their personality or character. And thus, Verdant would be energetic full of life, and perhaps just a little bit naive (in the sense of not knowing about the "outside world," or any place outside her desert climate). It just seems to fit in with their isolated culture, I think. Many, many civilizations have done and are still doing the same thing, such as tribes in Africa, Native Americans both modern and ancient, and old Asian peoples.

Will add more if I have time.

Winner! ;) I loved the name, and the extras were cute. <3 Enjoy Verdant!
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:56 am

I need to pay better attention to where I've posted from now on. Hooray for me, haha. Thanks for the new girly, I'll have to find time to make my literary dreams come true~~~

adoptedcharacter
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me